1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Huntkey Announces 80 Plus Gold Certified X7 1200W and 300W PSUs

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Nov 24, 2010.

1. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Huntkey Enterprise Group held its Huntkey 80PLUS GOLD Certified Power Supplies launch conference successfully at 2:00 PM on November 23 at Dinghao's meeting hall. With a theme of "Surmounting", this conference released a series of 80PLUS Gold certified power-supplies with rated power of 300W and 1200W. It attracted many famous national IT media and overclockers.

Huntkey Vice President, Mr. Liu, global marketing manager, Mr. Tang, and global product manager, Mr. Villa, shared their opinions with audience. "Today's launch of 80PLUS Gold certified power supplies is dedicated to both overclockers and mainstream users alike. We hope to bring energy-saving, safe, high quality but cost-effective products to more users," Mr. Liu said. "300W and 1200W 80PLUS Gold certified power supplies stand for Huntkey's pursuit of two extremes, one for high-end quality, and the other for entry level users. The surmounting theme shows Huntkey's commitment for innovation." said another Huntkey representative in charge of the conference.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The X7 1200W 80PLUS Gold certified power supply is the upgraded version of the X7 1200W 80PLUS silver certified version. This version adopts four advanced technologies, including phase-shifted full-bridge, CRM interleaved PFC, synchronous rectification and DC to DC module. Six +12V rails with combined output 99A support extreme overclocking. For material choice, Japanese capacitors ensure its good performance during overclocking. Compared to 1200W, the 300W 80PLUS gold certified power supply is dedicated to mainstream groups. It adopts LLC resonant synchronous rectification and DC to DC module design. At typical load, it can reach 91% efficiency. 2X 6-pin PCIe connector support GTX 460/HD 6850 graphic cards and Japanese capacitor adoption make it a better choice for mainstream gamers.

Villa Li, Huntkey global marketing manager, said "The X7 1200W silver version got great feedback from many global overclockers after their testing, and as for its upgraded version, I think it will impress users as well. This version is launching worldwide. For 300W 80PLUS gold version, it will be sold first in mainland China and will come to the global market soon."

2. gumpty

gumpty

Thanks Received:
    Who is this Huntkey that you speak of?

Seems random launching models at opposite ends of the power spectrum. Although good on them for gold certifying a 300W model - I haven't seen many of those around.

3. zmanster

zmanster New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have an X7 900W Silver Cert PSU in my rig and it hasn't missed a beat. As such, I think the 1200W Gold Cert PSU will be a decent competetor against the likes of Corsair, Silverstone, etc., IMO.

4. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    Separate rails hm... Not sure why but i like single rail more.

5. OneCool

OneCool

Thanks Received:
    Is 300 watts still considered "Main Stream"?

6. niko084

niko084

Thanks Received:
    Single is easier to setup power you never have to watch what goes on what rail.
    A lot of multi rail psu's also however actually have them bridged and they don't tell you.
    There are a few bonuses to multi rail psu's if done properly, weather they are or not is always questionable until you see it taken apart.

Pretty much if it's a good quality psu it doesn't matter too much if it's multi or single, personal preference takes the cake, technically speaking very little difference.

Yes 300-350watts is still extremely mainstream. Powers onboard video or entry level cards, few gigs of ram, hard drive, and a stock clocked cpu in a board that doesn't support overclocking.

7. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    When the units go up to 100A on a single rail I for one think things go a bit to high. IMO.

Good with 300W 80+. Kinda wierd of them to aim for the extremes though, I would like to see units in the 4-500W range and 700ish as well.

8. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I heard stories of exploding Huntkeys, have they fixed the problem yet?

9. Frick

Thanks Received:
    Did you hear stories, or did it actually happen on a regular basis (as in, not just one unit but several ones etc etc)?

10. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Frick says thanks.
  11. Frick

Thanks Received:
  12. tkpenalty New Member

Thanks Received:
    300W is still mainstream yes... A system with a 5770 + i7 wont even draw more than 250W at 100% load (furmark + linpack).

13. Velvet Wafer

Velvet Wafer New Member

Thanks Received:
    alright, i will never buy off this brand^^ just search for huntkey and explode and you will be granted with a myriad of exploded huntkey PSUs

14. Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Thanks Received:
    do they make billboard signs out of the exploded huntkeys?

15. Velvet Wafer

Velvet Wafer New Member

Thanks Received:
    no, i bet this time they will use it as a cheap sandbag substitute for the military :laugh:

16. Hayder_Master

Hayder_Master

Thanks Received:
    at last made something useful, last 900w was crappy one all 12v rails have 18A max can't run even one high end card on it