1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HWBOT giveaway

Discussion in 'Contests' started by cdawall, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    pm'd Urylin i'll find out when it ends ;)

2. kwchang007

kwchang007 New Member

Thanks Received:
    lol ok. cause i was like..wait a sec...it's the 16th.

3. Urlyin

Urlyin Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Ben .. you need to keep me updated please, Let me know by the middle of next week if you still haven't recieved anything...

4. Urlyin

Urlyin Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    The Giveaway has officially ended.. I wanted to allow any late posts because it was fairly low turn out for a easy way to win free prizes... I'll draw the numbers early tomorrow morning US Eastern Standard Time .. good luck guys .. :toast:

5. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    thank you!

6. pt

pt not a suicide-bomber

Thanks Received:
    it should be one monthly prize :)

7. kwchang007

kwchang007 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Cool, so I'll wake up to the drawing results. ty Urlyin. Oh and btw, it's US Eastern Daylight Savings time right now ;):laugh:

8. nflesher87

nflesher87 Staff

Thanks Received:
    haha chang you fool :)
    this is exciting!

9. kwchan007 Guest

lol yeahh suree it is. btw im testing this anoynomus thingy.

10. nflesher87

nflesher87 Staff

Thanks Received:
    haha before I read your post I was like, wtf? :p
    too bad it still says your sn!

11. kwchang007

kwchang007 New Member

Thanks Received:
    psht i could've left it as anonymous, but then you wouldn't know who it is and you'd be like....wtf why is someone quoting me?!?!? so i decided to be nice and add my sn :D

12. nflesher87

nflesher87 Staff

Thanks Received:
    oh haha, ok we should probably stop spamming this thread now lol

13. PVTCaboose1337

PVTCaboose1337 Graphical Hacker

Thanks Received:
    Congrats to all the winners.

14. JrRacinFan

JrRacinFan Served 5k and counting ...

Thanks Received:
    Thanks PVT!

15. Sovereign

Sovereign New Member

Thanks Received:
    I really hate to do this and sound like a sore looser but this was a flawed contest to begin with. Instead of rewarding the folks who've been apart of the TPU hwBOT team for awhile and being major contributing members, most of the winners were people who only joined up for the contest and never had any intention of helping the team out in the long run...

16. Urlyin

Urlyin Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    First it was not a contest but a giveaway... it was a way to bring attention to the TPU HWBot team and help get members involved. It was also an idea to use for a giveaway and I'm sorry you feel it was flawed, maybe it was a bad idea to have a giveaway if its going to be viewed as an issue ... :nutkick:

17. Demos_sav

Demos_sav New Member

Thanks Received:
    I agree with you this time. Sovereign the whole idea was to make our Hwbot team known to more people. What I consider wrong is that the giveaway had three prizes for one month. It should have one prize per month. So more members would get involved. Another mistake was that the giveaway was run in the holiday period:shadedshu

18. Urlyin

Urlyin Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    I wasn't aware of any Holidays and that may explain it's poor results ... When a Vendor says hey sure I have some prizes for a giveaway I'm not going to say "Oh one a month please" and I feel it gave more people a chance to win ... But what I do find wrong is that the giveaway is being viewed as flawed, wrong and a mistake being made. I hope you guys realize that we don't have to have giveaways nor do I need to spend my personal time trying to coordinate them... I thought it was fun and gave a chance for us to give back to the community... pfft I won't waste anymore time on them... thank you for thanking TPU for evening making an effort... :ohwell:

19. Demos_sav

Demos_sav New Member

Thanks Received:
    No, at least I don't, see it as flawed, wrong or a mistake. This giveaway brought our team a lot of points and a way better ranking. I'm just saying that it could be organized a LITTLE BIT different. Plus we know you don't have to do giveaways but I beleive that we have the right to criticise them

BTW: This was a great giveaway. We are thanking you for that. Not just for trying. This giveaway was excellent. I just figured out some ways to make it perfect. But anyway, what is perfect these days? I guess nothing.

Thank you Urlyin, rest of moderators, W1zzard and TPU for making sure this forum is the best of all

Last edited: Aug 24, 2007
  20. Urlyin

Urlyin Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    I can take constructive criticism no problem .. I just thought the comments came off as insulting to myself given we did post a thread asking for suggestions... suggestions that help not criticism to the ones that want to offer the community free items ... thus we are quick to point out flaws yet... only one person congratuated the winners ... :shadedshu

21. Demos_sav

Demos_sav New Member

Thanks Received:
    Oh yeah. I forgot all about them:laugh:

Gongratulations guys:toast:

BTW: I am happy we sorted out this little misunderstanding:D and beleive me this was no insulting to yourself.

22. JrRacinFan

JrRacinFan Served 5k and counting ...

Thanks Received:
    Thanks Demos!

ANd I have been part of the team LONG before this giveaway! ... FYI .... ;)

23. Urlyin

Urlyin Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    I understand you guys only want to help and forums posts can be misconstrued, however it was an effort on my part to offer a chance to giveaway free items... just make sure that you offer your suggestions in the thread for the next one ... :toast:

24. Sovereign

Sovereign New Member

Thanks Received:
    I agree with Demos to a degree...

Urlyin, I think this was blown out of proportion, somewhat, my gripe wasn't about the fact that TPU and whoever else was involved was kind enough to do this for us, it was the fact that the people who got involved for this giveaway have/had absolutely no intention of helping TPU and/or it's HWBOT team. They were in it purely for the prizes. Just have a look at two of the three people who won, notice their join dates, their amount of activity on the HWBOT TEAM since the giveaway ended? I can exclude JrRacinFan because he did, afterall, join well before this giveaway actualy started.

What I am saying is that these people shouldn't have had the chance to be rewarded with nice free hardware over the folks who've actualy put forth the time and effort into caring about TPU and it's HWBOT team. Thats my 2 cents on the subject! I sincerely appologize if I came off sounding like I'm ungratefull to you and TPU. I understand that this was done out of kindness and alot of work/thought was involved by folks that didn't have to do so in the first place. I guess I shouldn't have brought it up if I knew it was going to touch a nerve with you but like I said, I only did so cause I thought the actual folks who make TPU a better place and the HWBOT team as competitive as it is were slighted by a system that ultimately allowed folks who really don't give a damn either way to be rewarded in the end.

I'm really, really sorry if I have upset you, Urlyin! :(

25. Demos_sav

Demos_sav New Member

Thanks Received:
    I know. Actually a long time ago (if I remember correct) we were "fighting" for number 2 spot in the team:D

EDIT: I just broke the 70 points barrier(mine):pimp:. Drinks are on me tonight:toast: