1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HWBOT giveaway

Discussion in 'Contests' started by cdawall, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdawall

cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    wow i missed something :ohwell:

i thought it was a good idea maybe we should do another at a later time (in a couple months or so)

and i want to thank the TPU staff for helping making this work ;)

also i cant believe i forgot to congrat the winners :eek: good job to the winners :) keep making some points so you can say you earned ;)

2. Urlyin

Urlyin Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Yes you hit a nerve and perhaps I reacted a little harsh but if you go back and look there were only 40 to 41 posts... not what I had expected and thought to open this giveaway up to everyone as opposed to the last one that had limits... I was disappointed with the turn out and maybe I need to do a better job at getting the word out. The giveaway would have happened reguardless of using the HWBot as a way to get people involved and it was for all the members of TPU, not just the HWBot team... can't please all the people all the time.. no hard feelings on my part and understand your view but don't know what you had expected from the begining... dunno other than to say more thought maybe needed for any future ones..

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. Sovereign

Sovereign New Member

Thanks Received:

Thats just it though, take a look at the total points the winners actual contributed to team TPU! Thats what... 2 or 3 points? :ohwell:

They get the prizes while the folks who have contributed the majority of the points get left standing their with a thumb up their arse.

Let me use this analogy ;

You've been with a company for a long time, put forth alot of hard work and long hours hoping that one day you'll get noticed by the company brass and be justly compensated, so to speak.

The next thing you know, your being told that someone who just joined the company a few short months ago is getting that raise and a promotion that you worked so hard for...

What was the point then of having put forth all that effort and time?

Ultimately though, I see the big picture now that Demos and Urlyin have explained their side of the story. Again, I appologize for comming of sounding like I'm being an ungratefull SOB. Congrats to the winners and a HUGE THANK YOU TO URLYIN and the rest of the TPU folks for doing such a generous thing as this giveaway!

4. cdawall

Thanks Received:
    front page it :D and i think it might do w1z some good to make a section on the forums page devoted completly to HWBOT like on XS then maybe some ppl would see it and a stick how to might help some :roll:

that happens all the time :D stupid college brats :roll: plus it was a giveaway and every point counts i dont care and im one of the top contributers to the team

5. Urlyin

Urlyin Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    The point was the fact that you took the job as it were prior to any knowledge of any bonus or promotion... joining the HWbot Team did not stipulate a prize for hard work... I'm sorry you feel this way and understand had it been just for the HWBot Team ... how many PM's do you think I would have gotten from members saying how unfair that would be and their group should have one and so on and so on ...

No need to appologize but understand the big picture please... :toast:

10 Year Member at TPU
  6. Sovereign

Sovereign New Member

Thanks Received:
    I realize that now and I guess I over-reacted a bit. This sort of thing does touch a nerve with me on a personal level but again, I realize it was ultimately a very kind gesture for Urlyin and the crew to do for us and ultimately benifited the team in the end. I can genuinely say that I am proud to be a part of TPU because of Urlyin and the rest of the community. They do a wonderful job and theirs plenty that they do that goes unoticed that ultimately makes this place as great as it is!

7. Demos_sav

Demos_sav New Member

Thanks Received:
    That has nothing to do with it. You can't compare a company with a giveaway. This giveaway was to GET MORE PEOPLE IN OUR TEAM. So eventually the newer people will win because they are more than us(who joined HwBot a long time ago)

EDIT: Darn, Urlyin replied faster

8. JrRacinFan

JrRacinFan Served 5k and counting ...

Thanks Received:

Last edited: Aug 24, 2007
  9. Sovereign

Sovereign New Member

Thanks Received:

I'm sorry my comments pissed you off. I have a right to state my opinion, thank you very much and if you bothered to read, I mentioned you as not part of my rant. Anyhow, take that USB buddy and shove it up where the sun don't shine for all I care. I already made my appologies but now your making me "made"

10. cdawall

Thanks Received:
    calm down b4 you get banned

11. JrRacinFan

JrRacinFan Served 5k and counting ...

Thanks Received:
    OK Sovereign .. i must have just misread into that post, I thought you pointing me out with that "2 points" thing!

That is what set me off, If that wasn't your intention to point me out then well I do apologize.

12. Urlyin

Urlyin Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    I thought we had this settled ... now it is getting blown out of perportion and would expect cooler heads to prevail ... not a big deal anymore so move on and let's try to make the next giveaway a better one ...

10 Year Member at TPU
  13. Sovereign

Sovereign New Member

Thanks Received:
    No problem and appology accepted. It wasn't my intention to point you out as I made a note to exclude you because you were an actual contributing member who had also joined well before the start of the giveaway. Again, I think this whole thing got way out of hand as I should have just kept my mouth shut. I never wanted to piss you off or really anyone else for that matter, just wanted to state what was on my mind at the time. Now that I've had a chance to think about it along with some reasoning handed my way by Urlyin, Demos and cdawall, I realize that it was a big mistake. :eek:

Last edited: Aug 24, 2007
  14. cdawall

Thanks Received:
    dont worry bout me sov i had a good laugh reading this

15. pt

pt not a suicide-bomber

Thanks Received:
    no you didn't :p