• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

Yep you understand the problem ;) I don t do nothing wrong, but something we don t understand block the patch to work.
Technically, long time ago, when the system block the moded driver to work after patch, the nvidia driver can t be load properly, and you get low resolution and look like no driver installed, but in my problem its not like that.
After patch the nvidia driver look ok, and the patched driver is in used.

I m agree with you, one of the possible problem its can be the fact i m run in UEFI only BIOS mod, and pure GPT for EFI system partition.
before with the same hardware, and with the same win 7 system on classic MBR, the patch worck easy and well.
But now I have migrate the same windows 7 with GPT for UEFI partition, and without patch differantsli with hypersli next, its can t work.
I think I get the same problem on windows 10.

I think the nvidia driver work differently when UEFI only mod is enable in bios OR with GPT partition. and for patch it its should be different.

UEFI checked.

System Name Cooler Master Elite (case name)
Processor Amd 1090T X6 3.2Ghz
Motherboard Asus m4a89gtd pro/usb3
Cooling oversize fans
Memory 16 gigs ddr3 2000Mhz
Video Card(s) 2 - nvidia gtx 560's sli 2 gigs each video memory
Storage 6 - terabytes sata
Display(s) samsung syncmaster 2330 hd monitor
Case coolermaster elite
Audio Device(s) realtek on-board
Power Supply coolermaster 1000 watts
Software windows 7 64- bit enterprise
Benchmark Scores not available at this time.
According to your screenshot your running 3 gpu's, the patched drivers' 'sweet spot' is 2 gpu's I'm not saying it won't handle 3 gpu's, but when I test the driver on my system it has only 2 gpu's, take out your 3rd
gpu and see if that changes how the patched driver runs.

I run 3 titan X.

My screen came from windows 7 with functional differantsli patch. no problem on it .

Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite
Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite
1. Go to http://www.geforce.com/drivers and download the latest drivers (361.43) for your version of windows.
2. Go here: http://www.gamefront.com/files/25401790/nvlddmkm36143w or http://dl.free.fr/pghbDMTTa
3. Go here: https://github.com/EmberVulpix/DifferentSLIAuto/releases and download the 1.3 version of this package.
4. If you don't already have winrar installed, go here: http://www.rarlabs.com/download.htm and download the version of winrar for your system that is current and run the installer.
5. Unpack differentsliauto 1.3 to a folder of your choice (c:\diffsli13 for example).
6. Unpack the patched driver into the same folder you unpacked differentsliauto 1.3.
7. Run the official video driver installer you downloaded from nvidias' site and let it install the official drivers.
8. Once the official drivers are installed and the installer has finished, go back to where you unpacked differentsliauto 1.3 and you also have the patched nvlddmkm.sys.
9. Open a administrator level command prompt (hold down left-shift & right-click anywhere in the window (don't have any files high-lighted) and select 'open command window here'.
10. Run the 'Install.cmd' file, it should say 'success!' in green text at the bottom of the window if there were no errors.
11. Reboot your computer.
12. Go to your nvidia control panel and activate sli.

After running the Install.cmd manually rename the nvlddmkm.sys file that's already in the folder 'c:\windows\system32\drivers' to something like 'nvlddmkm.old', go back to where the patched driver is
and manually copy it over to the same location, reboot.

System Name Windows 8.1 Pro
Processor I5 4690 3.5GHZ
Motherboard Z97M-PLUS/BR
Cooling HYDRO COOLER CORSAIR H55
Memory 2X 4GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE BLUE
Video Card(s) GTX 970 AMP EXTREME
Storage 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA
Case CORSAIR SPEC-01 RED
Mouse DEATHADDER 3.5G
Hello guys, have some for Windows 8.1 along with a Z97M-PLUS, and GTX 970 and ta stable? I can install without danger of losing the warranty card or something else? what are the consequences?

Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite
Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite

zippitysplat

As an adition to the steps your posting step 0 should be uninstall any other sli hack like hyper SLI 1.0 before continuing.

i know that might be a duh step but my brother-in-law would disagree.

Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite
Hypersli 1.0 seems to work for some people even with differentsli installed, I'd say try it with, and if it doesn't work, then uninstall hypersli 1.0.

mflexx

Just to clarify, this DifferentSLI with the modded drivers should allow me to activate SLI on a board with two PCIe 3.0 (first on x16, second on x4) and two GTX 770's, right? We're talking about a Z170M PRO4S without official SLI support because of x16/x4. Thanks in advance.

Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite
Yes, differentsliauto should work for you.

pants_problems

New to this (just found out today, while researching eGPU stuff).

I have a late 2013 iMac with a GTX 775m and a GTX970 (via Thunderbolt @4x PCIe 2.0). It's been working great for months, but I've been researching a way to get the games to display on the internal monitor, which led me to this.

I've followed all of the steps (DifferentSLIAuto 1.3.1) and the SLI option is enabled in the control panel. When I enable SLI, it will apply the settings, the screen will flash, stay on applying, flash again, and then disable.

I'm not even sure if this is possible with this setup, but I thought it would be interesting to try. Is there anything else I should try at this point?

Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite
I'm not sure differentsli will work on a imac, the best you can do is try it and see, if it doesn't I don't know of anything else to try there.

pants_problems

I'm not sure differentsli will work on a imac, the best you can do is try it and see, if it doesn't I don't know of anything else to try there.

Yeah, I've tried and it appears to be doing SOMETHING. It just disables after initiating SLI. Sometimes, it will initiate and display a black screen.

I haven't tried the hacked driver option that you posted earlier, I might try that next. Additionally, I'd like to try HyperSLI on top of this... but it appears that 1.0 doesn't work with Windows 10. It just sits at a black screen with a cursor when selected.

@pants problem.

Interesting test :)

You whant to put sli for use the internal GC display link, no ?
You haven t find any other way to link the internal display to the eGPU ?

The problem I see on your test its:
775m and GTX970 are to far for the GPU vertion.
You need as possible the same generation of GPU.

I advice you to try 1st in windows 7 windows 10 have some strange and random issue with diffsli.

Do you activate UEFI bios on the laptop ?

Ty to patch with differentsli 1.3.1 and if you don t see any sli option in nvidia panel, try to instal next hypersli, in adition to differentsli .
you can try to disable VT D/X too.

I have an issue. I have been attempting to SLI a Titan X and a 960, the two of which are connected physically with the proper cable and have been running in the same system for awhile. The driver patches and installs successfully, reboots fine, and shows the SLI option in the Nvidia control panel. The issue is that when I tell it to apply the SLI setting, I get a black screen with a blinking cursor. I believe the issue to be that SLI is not really supported on my motherboard (HP Z800 Workstation). If someone could help with this, or point me in the direction of a working HYPERSLI download link, it would be much appreciated.

Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite
Thanks, sadly no luck, installing HyperSLI before or after installing DifferentSLI. Using HyperSLI in addition to DifferentSLI just causes a device error and requires a reboot to restore functionality to the card.

edocsil222

Hi jbailey8, I've been trying to get this to work with no success. I followed your recent instructions exactly, and everything seems to work fine until I see that the SLI setting is still not available in Nvidia Control Panel.

The system:
  • Two ASUS GTX 465 1GB Video Cards
  • ASUS P5KC rev1.03G Motherboard
  • Intel Core 2 Q6600 processor
  • Windows 10 64x
  • Two Crucial Ballistic Sport DDR3 1600MHz 4GB RAM modules (running at 1066MHz)
Extra compatibility info: My motherboard supports Crossfire only. The processor supports VT-X. The video cards are exactly the same, and I am using an SLI bridge.

This was my procedure. I am starting from a clean installation of Windows 10 64x. I have tried the process multiple times, uninstalling all relevant programs and rebooting after each try.
Vanderpool is enabled in the BIOS.

• Disabled UAC
  • Installed Nvidia drivers version 361.43.
  • Checked for Windows Updates.
  • Reboot.
  • Extracted (not copied) DifferentSLIAuto version 1.3.1 rar file into a folder anywhere (tried extracting to desktop and C drive).
  • Extracted (not copied) your modified nvidia driver version "nvlddmkm36143win1064.rar" into the same folder.
  • Ran Install.cmd as Administrator (also tried "open command prompt here" method. Both work and install fine.)
  • Restart and hold Shift to activate Startup settings after restart.
  • Press 7 at Startup settings to Disable Driver Signature Enforcement.
  • Windows boots, but now "test mode" and the build number are shown in the bottom-right, which shows that the startup option is in effect. Good.
  • Open Nvidia control panel. No SLI option.

Any ideas on what I could be missing?

jimmyJ

Hi jbailey8, I've been trying to get this to work with no success. I followed your recent instructions exactly, and everything seems to work fine until I see that the SLI setting is still not available in Nvidia Control Panel.

The system:
  • Two ASUS GTX 465 1GB Video Cards
  • ASUS P5KC rev1.03G Motherboard
  • Intel Core 2 Q6600 processor
  • Windows 10 64x
  • Two Crucial Ballistic Sport DDR3 1600MHz 4GB RAM modules (running at 1066MHz)
Extra compatibility info: My motherboard supports Crossfire only. The processor supports VT-X. The video cards are exactly the same, and I am using an SLI bridge.

This was my procedure. I am starting from a clean installation of Windows 10 64x. I have tried the process multiple times, uninstalling all relevant programs and rebooting after each try.
Vanderpool is enabled in the BIOS.

• Disabled UAC
  • Installed Nvidia drivers version 361.43.
  • Checked for Windows Updates.
  • Reboot.
  • Extracted (not copied) DifferentSLIAuto version 1.3.1 rar file into a folder anywhere (tried extracting to desktop and C drive).
  • Extracted (not copied) your modified nvidia driver version "nvlddmkm36143win1064.rar" into the same folder.
  • Ran Install.cmd as Administrator (also tried "open command prompt here" method. Both work and install fine.)
  • Restart and hold Shift to activate Startup settings after restart.
  • Press 7 at Startup settings to Disable Driver Signature Enforcement.
  • Windows boots, but now "test mode" and the build number are shown in the bottom-right, which shows that the startup option is in effect. Good.
  • Open Nvidia control panel. No SLI option.

Any ideas on what I could be missing?

Hey edocsil222, i applied SLI to pretty much the exact build you have. The issue i was having on that build was the new drive was not copying because the old driver was in use. To fix that, rename the current "nvlddmkm.sys" in "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\" to "nvlddmkm.old" then run the install again. Worked perfectly after that.