1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by anatolymik, Oct 4, 2011.

1. federicoz45

federicoz45 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I confirm new drivers 306.23 are working fine on my rig too.

2. KERRMA New Member

Thanks Received:
    Could it be a vista related problem? ive got 306.23 drivers installed without any luck same issue. But i think it might be hyper sli that corrupted somehow cause it didn't help to re install driver and reboot. I would like to know what registry entries hyper sli sets to vista that might help me find out if one of them will dissapear after rebooting to hardware mode. Ive disabled all antivirus and malware software includin microsoft anti malware whatever it was called

3. anatolymik

anatolymik

Thanks Received:
    Hi to all of you. I'm very busy for now. I'll fix all your issues once i have time. Thanks.

Yimmeryams says thanks.
  4. anatolymik

anatolymik

Thanks Received:
    by the way,
    HALMod/SLIPatch/HyperSLI software is three years old today.
    On september 15th first version of this software was released.
    )))))

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  5. Mykee36 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Happy Birthday HyperSli

Happy Birthday HyperSli!! The beers are on me :toast:

6. Mordecai Walfish New Member

Thanks Received:
    Happy Birthday to HyperSLI!! :toast: :peace: :toast:

Thank you for your hard work anatolymik!

7. RiC@RDOC

RiC@RDOC

Thanks Received:
    Three years of awesomeness and happy faces!

Congrats :toast:

8. Tomcatciller New Member

Thanks Received:
    Happy Birthday to HyperSLI

I want to install 2x GTX580 on my Asus Rampage Extreme X48 Mobo.

I have severall questions:

1. Does the software require CPU calculations? I mean if a sli system with HyperSLI is installed the cpu get more used than a system with sli without HyperSLI. So a weaker CPU get worse with this software?

2. After installation HyperSLI the software must run in autostart/backround Mode to work? Must the icon show up in systray beside the clock? Or is it possible to install HyperSLI and delete or hide it completly after Sli works?

3. I want to use my system with Nvidea 3DVision. Is it possible with HyperSLI?

Greets

TCC

9. redlines New Member

Thanks Received:
    any news on hypersli 0.10 in the making?

and also any news on when this will be fixed?
    only ask is i like to keep my drivers upto date :) and make sure things work as they should specialy my graphic drivers because of the new games that need the newest drivers out

wish i could code :(

10. Yimmeryams New Member

Thanks Received:
    If you scroll up 5, maybe 10 posts, the author just said that he will work on it when he has the time. He provided no dates, nor are there any dates. That's the latest.

There's nothing stopping you from trying the latest drivers with HyperSLI 0.9.

1. I don't know, but now that you've asked, I am curious.

2. HyperSLI needs to stay enabled if you're running newer drivers, and deleting it sounds like a very bad idea.

You may be able to hide the control panel button in the notifications, though. I haven't tried.

3. I also do not know, and I have no way to test it. I think someone may have tried it earlier in this thread, but I think Nvidia had a different protection method back then.

If you already have the cards, there's no harm in trying.

11. Friggit New Member

Thanks Received:
    I need help with this, i bought a Maximus V Formula the other day, not knowing that it doesn't support TRI-SLI. Extremely upset, how can such a high end board NOT have the feature? Anyway.. I've been trying to enable 3 way sli, and it's a no-go. Here are my specs:

Core i7 2700k
    GTX480x3
    Asus Maximus V Formula

EDIT: Found this SS somewhere, they are using the same board as me.

http://www.awardfabrik.de/images/stories/sof_oc_stories/3x_gpu_vantage_46346.JPG

12. Yimmeryams New Member

Thanks Received:
    I did a Google search. Let me get this straight. Your board supports 3 way Crossfire, but only 2 way SLI? If so, that's incredibly misleading.

What version drivers are you using?
    Have you tried using an older version that's already more or less tested and proven to work? If not, I recommend finding the latest version of the modded drivers anatolymik made, but download the unmodded versions. Then, if the unmodded version doesn't work, try anatolymik's modded version.

Also try both Hardware and Software mode in the HyperSLI control panel.

Also check if you have hardware virtualization enabled in your mobo BIOS (might be called VTx or something).

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  13. Yimmeryams New Member

Thanks Received:
    Okay. I'd recommend 301.42. It's a little older, I'm pretty sure it works fairly well with HyperSLI, and you can mess around with the modded drivers in this thread:

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158907

Seeing as all 3 cards you have are the same, it shouldn't be a problem, but, well... "shouldn't" rarely goes well with computer software. It's more of a long shot for those modified drivers to help at all, but it might if for some reason your SLI is stuck and not letting you enable it.

I could very well be wrong, but I guess it's worth a try.

Also, are your cards exactly the same model?

14. Friggit New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, they were all purchased on the same day, i'll give your idea a shot tomorrow. I can SLI two cards, but it doesn't let me Tri-Sli. Thanks.

Also, i'm using the latest drivers, and yeah i also tried to use the drivers in that Screenshot i posted, 285.xx i believe. And i did try hardware and software mode. Also VT is enabled in the BIOS. I agree, i don't know why the board supports Tri Crossfire and only standard SLI.

15. KERRMA New Member

Thanks Received:
    hyper sli 0.9 bsod with any driver Vt-x enabled

Still haven't found a solution closest i got was the thing i read in beginning of this thread Anatolymik " Hypervisor calls for this error when it has encountered an unknown" 0xdeadead. The thing is im 100% sure it isnt driver related cause it blue-screens at boot without any drivers even in safe mode with only windows core drivers it bluecreens and gives the same error. Could it be that my cpu isnt recognized by hypersli (q9950 yorkfield stepping A Rev E0)

16. anatolymik

anatolymik

Thanks Received:
    0xdeadead occurs when hypervisor encountered unknown event. it can be, for example, when you try to start virtual machine under hardware hypersli. if it's not the case, i need to see BSOD. it contains additional information i put there specially for cases like that. and one more thing, i havent my PC with two cards and sources to fix the problem. you'll have to wait.

17. KERRMA New Member

Thanks Received:
    I am trying to get the hardware sli working. Software sli is fine but for some reason it bluescreens when i try and run it on hardware sli.

18. RiC@RDOC

RiC@RDOC

Thanks Received:
    Post here the bsod information, you can use this tool->http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/bluescreenview.zip

19. snipe New Member

Thanks Received:
    I can confirm newest drivers work fine with HyperSLI .9 but DO NOT work with original HyperSLI. LOL I have not updated until now.

20. nikc New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hyper Sli

Hi to everyone, why the download links are dead? i tried many times to download Hyper Sli 9 or the other versions but nothing... :confused:

21. Yimmeryams New Member

Thanks Received:
  22. nikc New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hyper Sli

Can someone send me the latest version Hyper Sli 9 on zip form to my e-mail(nikol-akis@hotmail.com) please?

Thank you:)

23. CR500AF New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thank you anatolymik! Works great!

Confirmed working on:

Intel 5400 (seaburg) chipset (xw8600 HP motherboard)
    Dual Xeons
    Win7 x64
    Nvidia 306.23
    HyperSLI_0.9

Thanks!

24. Yimmeryams New Member

Thanks Received:
    Done. I wasn't sure how compressed you wanted it, so I chose "Best".

EDIT: Not done. I need to figure out a way to send it differently.

EDIT2: Okay, I think it worked this time. I had to rename the .exe part to .pants so Gmail wouldn't yell at me.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  25. nikc New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hyper Sli

Well.Thank you for your efforts but a friend of mine downloaded it on his pc and it send me with a messenger the finale version...

But now i have a different problem guys, once i'm going to instal the program it shows me a window "Unable to get boot information"

Is there a solution for this??

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012