• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

Cliff35

Okay okay, sorry.

I just wanted to ask again. because now probably have many the same problem. :confused:

Mykee36

326.41 beta drivers.

Just downloaded and installed the 326.41 beta drivers.
Ran a couple of games and benchmarks, no problems at bootup or with gameplay.
I have HyperSLI 9.6 installed.
Run HyperSli in hardware mode

Windows 7 no issues for me.

paradexes

From a previous post I made with help from others on here. Also an update to what works.

So to recap here is what I did to get it working on a Tyan S8225 (this could work for other boards with this issue).
PreReq install hypersli first
1. Disable Antivirus (MUST do this) or there will be issues best to not have it on at all.
2. I uninstalled the drivers in windows. Make sure to uninstall ALL things nvidia (it will require multiple reboots to do that).
3. Once uninstalled, reboot one last time in regular mode (resolution will be all messed up but viewable) and run driversweeper to remove any remnants.
4. reboot into safe mode selecting the hyperSLI option.
3. Install drivers (310.70 working for me) and reboot when asked back into safe mode.
4. Install DifferentSLI 310.70 version and reboot back into normal mode.
5. In normal mode start up Nvidia Control Panel. (PC might crash here it did for me)
6. If no crash enable SLI.
7. PROFIT!!!!

I now have 2x 660ti cards working in SLI mode so I am pretty excited. Thanks for the help guys. The instructions above are for anyone else who might be struggling with this. Hopefully this helps. Maybe the different howtos people post in this should be put in the OP just to cover the main issues.

UPDATE: After this method I stayed on this version driver until the recent 326.41 beta. I was able to successfully upgrade to that version (320.xx had failed for me). Its critical however if you used the method above to install (because the default install didnt work) that you install the way indicated above and then upgrade normally after its all set up with the above method. It appears upgrades will just work from here on out. Again YMMV but my experience has been good so far. :rockout:

HCB301

Got 2x Nvidia GTX480 on a Fatality Z77 Performance Mainboard but...

..., what i have to do, that the cards run in SLI.

I am a Newbie, please don't write expert words.
Maybe you've links or pics, where i can see, what i've to do, that the 2 cards are running.

THX in front of!!

Processor Intel i7 7700k @4.5Ghz
Motherboard Asus Strix Z270E Gaming
Cooling Cooler Master Nepton 120XL
Memory Corsair Vengeance LED Red 2x8GB 3000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus Strix GTX980TI
Storage Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB
Display(s) BenQ XL2411Z / Dell SE198WFP
Case NOX Hummer TG RGB
Power Supply Corsair RM850
Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma
Software Windows 10 - 64bit
..., what i have to do, that the cards run in SLI.

I am a Newbie, please don't write expert words.
Maybe you've links or pics, where i can see, what i've to do, that the 2 cards are running.

THX in front of!!

Hi,

All you need to do is in the first page of this thread.
Good luck!

HCB301

But...

... some people got bluesceens. First: i wont bluescreens and Second: which bridge do i need? Do i need one bridge or two? On which part i place the bridge or bridges? Please a pic of that! Thx!

Case NOX Hummer TG RGB
Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma
... some people got bluesceens. First: i wont bluescreens and Second: which bridge do i need? Do i need one bridge or two? On which part i place the bridge or bridges? Please a pic of that! Thx!

You'll have to try to see if you get BSOD or not. If for some reason you get a BSOD then worry about it later not before trying.
You just need 1 SLI bridge.
Something like this should do it:

HCB301

HCB301

Case NOX Hummer TG RGB
Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma

Brad-Pea

Hi All,

Just installed the latest Nvidia Driver along with the latest Hypersli (0.96)

All seems well, can enable SLI and use it fine ..

Only problem I seem to have come accross though is if I try to run Internet Explorer it will open for around 3 seconds then completely restart the computer, no BSOD or anything though, literally just like me pressing the reset switch.

I've also noticed this happening on a programe called Folder Sizes ...

Up to now it is only happening when trying to open these 2 programes, anyone know why this would happen or advise how I could resolve ? Does seem strange how it makes it do a full restart ?

I have put this down to HyperSLI ... because when i boot into the machine not using HyperSLI I can open the programes fine...

Prior to installing the latest Nvidia Drivers and HyperSLI .. I was running on Nvidia Drivers about 1 - 2 yr old ! Along with SLIPatch ..

Would really like to keep up to date with the drivers and HyperSLI .. But would prefer the machine not to restart when I opened certain programes, or atleast find out why it restarts ?

Any replies appreciated !

Cheers.

Brad-Pea

Checked it out some more ..

If put into software mode all seems well ... The machine doesn't restart when opening the programes.

But if changed back to hardware it does restart.

Therefore looks like ill be best to leave it in software mode, that way it won't restart if I open certain programes.

Unless anyone can advise otherwise ?

What are the limitations running in software mode ?

Cheers.

dawcior-al

Hi, I have a problem. I have two cards and board Gainward 9600gt abit AW9D-max i975 chipset. As we know, it does not support SLI only crossfire, but on the internet it says that it can run SLI on this chipset only need to find the appropriate drivers (he was looking for, but I have not found good). Could somebody help me?
Cards connect sli bridge.
I read on this forum "HYPERSLI"
I install this, I turn off account control(UAC disabled).
In nvidia control panel isn't SLI.
System windows 7 64bit.
IS GPU-Z i have sli: disabled
I install HyperSLI and nvidia original drivers, because I haven't modificed drivers.
Or modify drivers are needed? I can't search modificed drivers.
I'm sorry for the mistakes before I learn English
Please help me.
Yours.

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
What dricer are you running and is hypersli enabled?

Case NOX Hummer TG RGB
Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma

MerZioos

3-way sli gtx 660 ti problems

Hey, I'm from Norway and I just got my third GTX 660 Ti graphic card from my local hardware shop. I am running HyperSLI 0.96 (I guess) patched and updated, with the 320.49 Nvidia drivers on my Asus Maximus V Formula motherboard. You guys have to excuse my English, it is not too good.

Other specs:
Asus Maximus V Formula
Intel Core i7-3770k @ 4,2 Ghz
Kingston HyperX 16 Gb memory
1 TB Seagate Barracuda
One 500 w silver power and one 750 w silver power (Evga G2 1300W on it's way)

I think I have done everything that the first post require, without checking if the Virtualization Technology is enabled in my BIOS, don't know if this is critical.

So to the problem, when I open any game I get bad FPS and when I turned on MSI Afterburner to check how much of the GPUs I was using it only displayed the "GPU1". That said, I get all three cards shown in Nvidia Control Panel in 3-way SLI and they all are in Windows Device Manager, but they are not working in 3-way SLI with any of my games.

Then I wonder, what have I done wrong and what do I need to do to get this working?

PS: I have not tested the new card alone (will do this tomorrow to make sure it is not a faulty card)

Thanks in advance! :)

Case NOX Hummer TG RGB
Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma
My first card is 1024mb
Second card 512mb

This is problem?

If you managed to enable SLI there is no problem. The 1st card will probably clock down to co-op with the 2nd one, no big deal.

Case NOX Hummer TG RGB
Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma
Hey, I'm from Norway and I just got my third GTX 660 Ti graphic card from my local hardware shop. I am running HyperSLI 0.96 (I guess) patched and updated, with the 320.49 Nvidia drivers on my Asus Maximus V Formula motherboard. You guys have to excuse my English, it is not too good.

Other specs:
Asus Maximus V Formula
Intel Core i7-3770k @ 4,2 Ghz
Kingston HyperX 16 Gb memory
1 TB Seagate Barracuda
One 500 w silver power and one 750 w silver power (Evga G2 1300W on it's way)

I think I have done everything that the first post require, without checking if the Virtualization Technology is enabled in my BIOS, don't know if this is critical.

So to the problem, when I open any game I get bad FPS and when I turned on MSI Afterburner to check how much of the GPUs I was using it only displayed the "GPU1". That said, I get all three cards shown in Nvidia Control Panel in 3-way SLI and they all are in Windows Device Manager, but they are not working in 3-way SLI with any of my games.

Then I wonder, what have I done wrong and what do I need to do to get this working?

PS: I have not tested the new card alone (will do this tomorrow to make sure it is not a faulty card)

Thanks in advance! :)

Yes the virtualization is important, make sure it is enabled in BIOS.
As for the other cards not being used in games, you have to go in NVCP > 3D Settings > Manage 3D settings > Program Settings > (the game you want to use SLI) > scroll down to SLI rendering mode. Make sure it is not set to "Single-GPU".
Most latest games will use SLI when the "NVIDIA Recommended" is selected. If it doesn't then try one of the other modes and check which one gives better performance.

Good luck!

HCB301

Sli won't work!

You'll have to try to see if you get BSOD or not. If for some reason you get a BSOD then worry about it later not before trying.
You just need 1 SLI bridge.
Something like this should do it:
http://www.geeks3d.com/public/jegx/201004/zotac_geforce_gtx_480_sli.jpg

I installed 2 gtx480 with one bridge!
I installed the patch.
The virtualization is enabled in the bios.
When i start windows and go to the NVCP and setup under sli, physix... On..., in the first time, Nvidia wanted that i close the program Logitech updater. I did it and after two times i deinstalled that nvidia Programm!!!

Then i do the same under sli, physix and press ok, the screen goes and stays black!!!

I have to do a hard reset. And after reboot, Nvidia drivers away and i have to reinstall nvidia drivers.

Whats the fu... problem??

MerZioos

Yes the virtualization is important, make sure it is enabled in BIOS.
As for the other cards not being used in games, you have to go in NVCP > 3D Settings > Manage 3D settings > Program Settings > (the game you want to use SLI) > scroll down to SLI rendering mode. Make sure it is not set to "Single-GPU".
Most latest games will use SLI when the "NVIDIA Recommended" is selected. If it doesn't then try one of the other modes and check which one gives better performance.

Good luck!

Thank you very much, it seems to be working fine now, at least with Hitman Absolution, when I went into "SLI rendering mode" I got up this "3 GPU Alternative"-thing that did not work, but when I turned it back to "Nvidia Recommended (SLI)" it worked fine.

It seems to be working when I turned on MSI Afterburner in-game, don't know why, but it did, framerates are not too good though.

Thanks anyway! :)