• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

Profetass

Hello everyone! This is my first post here, so bear with me :)
So I have an ASUS Z-87 C motherboard, two identical GTX 560 ti's from ASUS (direct CU II TOP 1GB) and i5 4670k @ stock. My motherboard doesn't support SLI; only crossfire, so this HyperSLI seemed like a miracle from heaven. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get it to work.
Here's what I've done: Put both of my GTX 560 ti's in to the PC and after that installed the newest drivers. After that I connected the GPUs with SLI-bridge. I have disabled UAC and enabled Intel Virtualization technology. I've disabled even USB 3.0 I think. I've installed every single version of HyperSLi and SLIPatch, none of them have worked.
HyperSLI 1.0 for example states "Hypervisor enabled" "Hypervisor works properly" And it's on Hardware. And yet there isn't SLI option in NVIDIA control panel. I tried to get it to work 6 hours yesterday and 3 hours today, but the SLI option hasn't shown up yet. Also, I have tested 5 different NVIDIA drivers, but still no SLI-option. My cards have different BIOS-files, but that shouldn't matter, correct?
I don't have any idea what I should be doing. Please help me, I'm clueless :(

Profetass

Never mind, I got it to work. I found out that my BIOS had est up my other PCI-e slot at 2x, so I switched it to 4x and it works like a charm now with the newest drivers :)

CptBarbossa

Kudos to anatolymik. I was researching modifying bios and various other options to get SLI working on my rig. I came across this, and seriously did not believe it would work. However, I figured why not give it a try. Followed the steps (90% of which are simply prompted after download), reinstalled the nvidia drivers and poof! it worked. Simply amazing. I knew it had to be possible, but to make it so simple is just awesome! Thanks so much!

Specs:
CPU - AMD A10 6800k
Mobo - ASRock FM2A75m-Pro4+
GPU - Dual GTX 470
RAM - 8 gigs (4x2)
PSU - Corsair CX600m
SSD - 128 gb sata 2
HDD - Seagate sata 1tb

alybhai1990

Can't Boot into HyperSLI after the first step

Hi guys.

I have been having problem installing HyperSLI 1.0. Initially the patch works fine, and it gives me a message that the first step has been completed and that now I have to reboot my system under HyperSLI option. But when I select the HyperSLI option from the boot screen, it goes into Auto Repair and finally it gives me an error message saying "Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC" followed by "Log file: C\Windows\System32\LogFiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt"

I tried running different versions of HyperSLI, I tried removing all nVidia drivers before running the patch. I even booted my system into Safe Mode and ran the patch. But no matter what I try, the moment I select HyperSLI from the boot screen, my system goes into Auto Repair and finally gives me that error message.

It's been a week now, and I have drained myself looking into various forums, trying out different steps, without any luck whatsoever.

I wonder if I am doing anything wrong..I run the patch and it completes the 1st step. When I reboot under HyperSLI from the boot screen, it goes into Auto Repair. Am I missing any steps??

I need help...desperately...

My rig:

- Windows 8.1 64 Bit
- AMD A10-6700 3.7GHz Quad Core with Virtualization Enabled
- 12 GB DDR3 RAM
- ASUS F2A55-M Motherboard Crossfire Ready
- 2x NVidia GTS 450 1GB with SLI bridge connected
- Western Digital 1TB HDD
- PSU 550W Cooler Master

arede

I installed the new drive nvidia 337.50 and hypersli not work anymore, any suggestions?!

System Name HELLSTAR
Processor AMD RYZEN 9 5950X
Motherboard ASUS Strix X570-E
Cooling 2x 360 + 280 rads. 3x Gentle Typhoons, 3x Phanteks T30, 2x TT T140 . EK-Quantum Momentum Monoblock.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB F4-4133C19D-16GTZR 14-16-12-30-44
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 7900XTX + under waterblock.
Storage Optane 900P[W11] + WD BLACK SN850X 4TB + 750 EVO 500GB + 1TB 980PRO[FEDORA]
Display(s) Philips PHL BDM3270 + Acer XV242Y
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow V3 - Yellow Switch
Software FEDORA 39 / Windows 11 insider
Suggestion is to start disassemble BIOS, as there are of plenty of tools now due to hackintosh, and fix the nvidia certification there. Just compare BIOS that didn't have SLI certification at first revisions like some evga or intel X58 boards, there were earlier examples, and inject it. If you really wan't it. It may be a valuable learning information.

But one must always know how to recover the bios if it is screwed. Socket-able IC, or SPI headers directly soldered on the motherboard.

arede

Suggestion is to start disassemble BIOS, as there are of plenty of tools now due to hackintosh, and fix the nvidia certification there. Just compare BIOS that didn't have SLI certification at first revisions like some evga or intel X58 boards, there were earlier examples, and inject it. If you really wan't it. It may be a valuable learning information.

But one must always know how to recover the bios if it is screwed. Socket-able IC, or SPI headers directly soldered on the motherboard.
the hypersli will be updated to this driver?

Lightspeed2000

Hi all,

Installed hypersli, but still not getting the option to enable sli in the nvidia control panel.

Tried reseating the sli bridge, and reinstalling the drivers / hypersli - still no go. Both cards are being seen and are working fine individually. Virtualisation is enabled

Ran GPU-Z - both cards are exactly the same, but it is saying that the bus interface is PCI-E 1.1 - my machine has PCI-E 2.0. Is this the problem?

My machine is a Dell Precision T3500 with 2 x Quadro FX4600 graphics cards.
Quadro driver ver: 332.76
Windows 8.1 64bit.

Hope someone can help with this

fspider2020

I've used HyperSLI for past 6 month without a single problem and yesterday after Updating my OS ( Windows 8.1 PRO) to Spring 2014 RTM Release(KB29193355 and relative Updates), i notice many issues such as BSOD in OS idle time or System freeze after Display goes off. i've Updated and HyperSLI Activation and reinstalled VGA Driver from the ground up with no luck.

after many research and tests I find that if i Disable HyperSLI from Hypervisor Panel, Everything goes fine and problem Resolved. With enabling it again however, many Unknown problems occur and system become unstable. I don't know if it's the HyperSLI incompatibility or the NVIDIA Driver Itself!

anybody tested new MS Update package and experianced this kind of problem after that?

I should Warn Everyone again for Updating to Newly released Update kb2919355 for Windows 8.1. It is NOT Compatible With HyperSLI. I updated with Windows Upsate to Assure that Everything Goes Fine but My hope does not last Long! i get random BSOD and Freezes specially when Screen goes off in Lock Screen or any same situation. Both Hardware and Software will Produce these errors.

Is it any Windows 8.1 Update 1 Compatible HyperSLI in the work? Can we hope for it? :(

mourad

nvidia 337.50 and hypersli not work :banghead:
nvidia 335.23 work fine :)

why......................

mourad

Intel Virtualization Technology not compatible in 337.50
But NVIDIA/Intel has some work to do to make it compatible
wait and see.......................:toast:

angeluszero

HyperSLI 1.0

System requirements(Hardware mode):
Intel processor with Virtualization Technology (VT-x) or AMD processor with Secure Virtual Machine (SVM)

Software mode doesn't require a processor with special hardware features
If your processor doesn't support Virtualization Technology then you can use Software mode
If no hypervisor modes used then HyperSLI will work in Legacy Mode, which means compatibility with SLIPatch 1.5.
Hardware mode has advantage over Software mode

BE AWARE. HyperSLI hides Virtualization Technology supporting. For example, CPU-Z utility never show VT-x for Intel processors and AMD-V for AMD processors under HyperSLI. This will be fixed in further versions.

Installation/updating(before HyperSLI 0.8):
1)To install HyperSLI just push install button and do reboot.
2)To update HyperSLI(update SLIPatch to HyperSLI) you just need to push update button and do reboot.
3)You should have Virtualization Technology enabled in BIOS, otherwise HyperSLI would work in Legacy Mode
4)Before installing/updating make sure you have UAC disabled and you logged as administrator.
5)No matter in which order you will install Drivers and HyperSLI.

Installation/updating(HyperSLI 0.8 or higher):
1)To install HyperSLI just push install button and do reboot.
2)To update HyperSLI(update SLIPatch to HyperSLI) you just need to push update button and do reboot.
3)Boot under HyperSLI boot option and continue installation
4)Reboot the system
5)You should have Virtualization Technology enabled in BIOS, otherwise HyperSLI would work in Software mode
6)Before installing/updating make sure you have UAC disabled and you logged as administrator.
7)No matter in which order you will install Drivers and HyperSLI.

NOT SUPPORTED ANYMORE

Obsolete:
Latest SLIPatch(not supported any more): http://anatolymik.itzod.ru/SLIPatch_v1.5_beta.exe
Modded drivers: http://anatolymik.itzod.ru/Modded Drivers/

Download HyperSLI 0.1
Download HyperSLI 0.6
Download HyperSLI 0.7
Download HyperSLI 0.8
Download HyperSLI 0.81
Download HyperSLI 0.9
Download HyperSLI 0.96
Download Latest HyperSLI

HyperSLI Developer team:
RiC@RDOC, johnspack, Velvet Wafer, federicoz45, DeahSeed, anatolymik

BIG THANKS TO REST PART OF MY TEAM. IT'S PRICELESS HELP. THEY SAFE MY TIME, WHICH IS NOT MUCH.

Is Quadro K4000 supported in SLI?

iceman-sven

Nvidia driver 335.20, Upgrade from Windows 8 x64 to 8.1 Update 1. HyperSLI 1.0 does not work. System stop on boot. Needs reset or power off.

HyperSLI was working with Windows 8. Uninstalled it before upgrade to 8.1 U1. Did the Store upgrade and after finish, tried to install HyperSLI 1.0. But it leaves a not working Windows.:cry: