1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

I am alive "Errors on some hardware" gtx 680 won't run it.

Discussion in 'Games' started by D007, Sep 23, 2012.

1. D007

D007

Thanks Received:
    EDIT: FOUND FIX.
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=32905831&postcount=5

I bought this game last night thinking it looked cool. It's been nothing but a headache so far.. I'm reading the controls are messed for one. But that's not even a concern to me yet, as I can't even play the dam game..
    Just gives me an error code stating my 680 gtx is not supported, then stops installing.. This is what I have come to expect from ubisoft..
    First time I've ever asked steam for a refund. Pathetic to release a game that is as buggy as this though..

I know I used to use some other digital distributor before.. Hmm..
    Guess I'm going to have to go find them and hope they don't start ruining their system as well.
    Steam has been getting worse and worse lately..

EDIT: Found a fix.

1. Go to this location on your hard drive.

If you have a 64 bit windows system go here.
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\I am Alive\src\SYSTEM

If you have a 32 bit windows system go here instead.
    C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\I am Alive\src\SYSTEM

2. Open UserSettings.ini in notepad and change
    RunValidation=True
    to
    RunValidation=False
    and save and close the settings.
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  2. manofthem

manofthem

Thanks Received:
    I wanted to get this game, looks pretty interesting. Hopefully if I get it, I won't have the same issues. Maybe I'll wait a while for further patches
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    Wasn't even aware it was available on PC. I do however recall the graphics looking a lot worse than the trailers indicated as far as the console versions. Not sure if the PC version looks bad too, but I can't help but be skeptical. I also recall the gameplay was said to not be nearly as good as they'd made it sound like it would be. The Last of Us I'm sure will be much better, but probably no PC version.
  4. purecain

purecain

Thanks Received:
    well morphological filtering was the only way i could get this game to aa without giving the main charachter a white outline to his hair... completed in just over 3.30hrs...

its a puzzle game... not bad.... just not good iether...
  5. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    I decided to try it since it can be had for only $15. Great concept, poorly executed. Some of the nav puzzles are engaging, but the aim, movement and combat are extremely console clumsy, the map segments reused too much, the graphics terrible, and the story wastes a lot of potential. The AI is not bad for a budget game, but that and some of the route finding are the only bright spots.

Oddly enough the concept alone left me hungry for more. I really hope The Last of Us comes to PC eventually. BTW, purecain, what did you think of the last heavy armor guy? Seemed intimidating at first, until I discovered how easy it was to take him out, then I had to laugh.
  6. purecain

purecain

Thanks Received:
    lol yeah, if your on about the last scene in the amusement park...
    he got an arrow to the balls... (should of gone for the knee) lol
  7. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Climbing down ladders can get annoying and the game is pretty much colorless the whole time oh and a bit repetitive . Other than that not bad. Don't really feel like finishing it though, not atm.
  8. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    Yeah that's the part, the one that brags about his riot gear. I hit him closer to the knee actually, femur anyway. I gotta say, at least the game recognizes that as a critical hit point, like most games should, but few do.