1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

I am getting this monday .

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by trickson, Mar 26, 2010.

1. trickson

trickson OH, I have such a headache

Thanks Received:
    So I just placed the order today for this sweet bad ass cooler I also am looking into another RAD . I may also need a second pump but will see .
    So what are your thoughts on this ? http://www.frozencpu.com/products/5532/ex-blc-348/Swiftech_MCW6500-T-775_Thermoelectric_CPU_Liquid_Cooling_Block_Socket_775.html?tl=g30c105
    Also if I get this will I really need a second pump ? I have a really nice corsair pump , I think :rolleyes: . and way do I need a second RAD Or will this one do ? I have this one . http://www.frozencpu.com/products/8892/ex-rad-72/Swiftech_MCR220_Quiet_Power_Dual_120mm_Radiator_MCR220-QP.html?tl=g30c95s160&id=wrh9nZ8H&mv_pc=2933 .
    Any way I hope to get some real cooling on this CPU as once properly cooled it will do 4.5GHz no problem , I know it just gets to hot with the Dtec block I have .
    Thanks for your input .
  2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm pretty sure it's recommended you use a separate PSU for the TEC. You also need to look out for condensation. Your pump is probably the same as a Liang D4 so you should be fine.
    trickson says thanks.
  3. Assassin48 New Member

Thanks Received:
    You will need to insulate around the socket with some kneaded eraser. Some use dielectric grease in the socket for long term use.
    trickson says thanks.
  4. trickson

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I have a 500w enermax on stand by .
    I have been thinking about this and well I think I have an Idea , Let me tell you .
    I was thinking of putting a dial switch on the hot wire to control the amount of power going into the tech cooler . what do you think ? monitor temps of block with the aerocool temp monitoring station I have installed . Besides that do you have any simple things I can do to prevent this ?
  5. trickson

Thanks Received:
    So this stuff ?????
    http://www.google.com/products?q=Lu...esult_group&ct=title&resnum=3&ved=0CBsQrQQwAg

And just how do I apply this and were ? Please .

OH MAN ! WAIT !!! Do I have to put this where my pins are ? I will do this how and with out bending pins how ???
    And just my luck frozen CPU is out of this stuff !!!!!!
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  6. DOM

DOM

Thanks Received:
    trickson says thanks.
  7. trickson

Thanks Received:
    Wait what ? I mean this stuff has to taken out . not sure I know what you mean . Does it go bad ? And do I really need it . I mean I can limit the amount of power the thing will put out right ? keeping it Some what below ambient but not too much as to allow condensation right ?
  8. DOM

DOM

Thanks Received:
    no it was in there for like a yr even when i was just on water, i did cuz i had to rma the motherboard pci-e slot died

and i think the only way you can adjust the power to the tec is with one of these kind of psu http://www.frozencpu.com/products/8...iliary_Power_Supply_SE-600-24.html?tl=g30c105
  9. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Don't bother trying to limit the TEC, just waterproof your board and put dielectric grease in the socket.

Use kneaded eraser around the socket.

Something like this: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1190/3/

And for the love of god, make sure you have all of the cooling system turn on at the same time automatically. If the TEC is on, the pump and fans need to also come on automatically. I learned this the hard way. http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=38153
    trickson says thanks.
  10. Assassin48 New Member

Thanks Received:
  11. p_o_s_pc

p_o_s_pc F@H&WCG addict

Thanks Received:
    that tec is under powered for much more then a Single/Dual core. Atleast that is what i have found from the reviews. It seems you get better temps under load with JUST WATER then you do that tec when running a high power dual or up
    Crunching for Team TPU
  12. trickson

Thanks Received:
    No my temps rocketed up yo 74c under load with 4.5GHz That is why . I highly doubt that this WB is under powered , I mean I will be seeing temps on CPU lower than ambient I can not do that with the Dtek WB . Not to mention that I have to wrap my system up in all that stuff . Lost of work for some thing you claim has no power . Link me to your findings please .

Oh and also can any one link me to the stuff I need the grease the pad stuff I can not seem to find it any were . PLEASE ? :respect:
  13. p_o_s_pc

p_o_s_pc F@H&WCG addict

Thanks Received:
    trickson says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  14. trickson

Thanks Received:
    I am not sure how well it will work on mine but I will soon find out . To late now for all that . I got some of the grease and the conformal coating I am just going to do it like this
    I will do my best . I have the Enermax 500w PSU installed and waiting for tec WB . :rockout:
    Mind you they tested this on a really HOT CPU not on mine that is to say mine is a 45nm . :D
  15. Naekuh

Naekuh New Member

Thanks Received:
    its not a great tec product.

It mixes metals of alu top, and copper base, which has shown to be TERRIBLE from gabe's GTX experience.

Meaning u'll never see swiftech ever again mix metals like that in wetted parts.
  16. trickson

Thanks Received:
    Surely I should see better temps than I am getting now right ?
    Under full load ( Line Pack OCCT ) I seen very very high temps the CPU temp read 78*c while the core temps read from 65*c-70*c and this tech cooler can surly drop that over the D-Teck WB .?.?.? :confused: I mean right now my temp at idle is 41*c - 43*c so you are saying I will not see any improvement from this ????
    I have all the stuff coming to condensation proof the MB , Maybe I just might get the Tec block as well .
    In any case I will let you know how things work out . From My system and not any other !
  17. trickson

Thanks Received:
    So here is a sneak peek , I put in the 500w Enermax PSU , I installed the light's and power switch , Green light is the Enermax PSU the red light is the MB power on .
    I also moved the res from the base mount to a side mount and more to come .... Hope you like my mod . :toast: Areo cool not hooked up yet . All temp probes are going to be placed on cooling system .

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
  18. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    They didn't have enough rad. A 220w TEC should have a minimum of a 3x120mm rad, they were using a low to mid end 2x120mm rad. He has the same rad, so your are likely right.

Trickson, you need a decent 3x120mm rad to get the right results from your TEC cooler. GTX-360, Feser, Thermochill or XSPC 3x120's would be the best, but you could get away with a Swiftech 3x120, or perhaps add a second swiftech 2x120 rad.
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
    trickson says thanks.
  19. trickson

Thanks Received:
    Yeah that is what I am planning on adding .
  20. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    What pump do you have, and what all is in you loop?
  21. trickson

Thanks Received:
    Well I have a corsair pump I tried to find out but even corsair web site I could find nothing . I have a dual 120 rad and a res by swiftech . It is the recommended setup for it I am going to get a second RAD for my setup just for better cooling and all any way .
    My loop is only CPU cooling so that is all .
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2010
  22. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Do you have a picture of the pump?
  23. trickson

Thanks Received:
    Yes is do . :D

Attached Files:

24. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Ahhh, that's a D4 or D5. That's enough pump for your loop then.
    trickson says thanks.
  25. trickson

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I think it is the D4 . What ever that means :eek: I think this should do a fine job for me . I am not looking for ice cold temps mind you just some thing below the 70*c I currently enjoy :D
    I am not thinking that 5.0GHZ OC is going to happen . I do only want to be able to take what I currently have and lower it some nothing more if this can keep that consistent and do the job then I see no point of not going for it . I do hope that it will work better than I expect though . As my Ultra ChillTech CPU cooler did . That really blew my mind .