1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

I cant access to my wifi router

Discussion in 'Networking & Security' started by marcosamerio, Apr 14, 2013.

1. marcosamerio

Thanks Received:
    Hi all, recently i adquire a new cable modem connection, all works great but i have

an issue, i connect the cable modem lan cable to my wifi router and the other computers

too but i cant access to the configuration page of the wifi router, i have this one

ENHWI-N3, i try the 192.168.0.1 but no succes, ¿what im doing wrong?

Bye all and hope can help me
  2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Look for a Rg Passthrough option on your cable modem and select it. You may need to reboot everything afterwards. :)
  3. CrackerJack

CrackerJack

Thanks Received:
    Try checking your local ip address. For example if it is 192.168.1.10... then in browser try 192.168.1.1
  4. marcosamerio

Thanks Received:
    Hi, thanks for reply me, i have this cable modem, motorola sb5101, but i cant see the

option u mention.

Bye
  5. marcosamerio

Thanks Received:
    No luck, i dont have this problem when i have my old dsl connection, im so confused

Bye
  6. Jack1n

Thanks Received:
    Start - in the search type CMD - in the CMD type IPconfig - type the default gateway into your browser.
  7. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    It should be listed under "Advanced". There will be a table and there should be a checkbox next to it.
  8. marcosamerio

Thanks Received:
    No option, but i fixed, connect the modem to the notebook and now can configure it, one

last question, for gaming what i choose in QoS, because i have 3 options: Disabled, Bandwidth

allocation and Priority Queue

Bye and thanks for the tips
  9. remixedcat

remixedcat

Thanks Received:
    B/W allocation. And then allocate most of it to your system if you got other people in the house all the time.
  10. Jetster

Jetster

Thanks Received:
    Nevermind
  11. marcosamerio

Thanks Received:
    I live alone, ¿still use this option?

Thanks for the help
  12. remixedcat

remixedcat

Thanks Received:
    Use the 3rd option if it allows you to specify ports or applications. It.might,however be media optimization or wmm.
  13. marcosamerio

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for helping me, i have a few questions, this is the image from the manual

http://www.casimages.es/i/130415012959676090.jpg.html, using Priority Queue

but i dont understand how use it, i want to give high priority to navigate and

online games but i dont understand what i must put, sorry im very new in this.

Hope can help me.

Bye
  14. remixedcat

remixedcat

Thanks Received:
    You would use the port range that the game/service uses. For one port you enter that into both the port range fields. For the game/service you would need to look up the particular game/service you want to play/use then find out with ports they use, and then enter them into the menu.

Enter those into the custom/blank fields. Also note if they use TCP/UDP and select that from the drop down located by the port range fields.
  15. marcosamerio

Thanks Received:
    I use Opera, Firefox and Internet Explorer for browsing and play online Killing Floor, ¿what

values should put? and ¿where i can see what port uses programas/games?

Thanks for helping me.

Bye
  16. remixedcat

remixedcat

Thanks Received:
    Here are the ports for your game Killing Floor:

You would enter those into the QoS fields indicated above.
  17. Jetster

Jetster

Thanks Received:
    Then get a big pipe and forget QoS
  18. mariamenounous New Member

Thanks Received:
    Wifi router

Hello..
    You check the network connection and try to find out if it is correctly connected. There must be some configuration errors. Well, I remember a friend of mine also faced the same problem. He called up a live support firm and I think he was recovered from his problem. If your issue is not solved then you too can go for the online support firm, fixursystem.com
  19. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Set the router to defaults using its reset button, then you should be able to access it through its default gateway. Also You can hook into it via RJ45 and set your IP address statically to the same range of the router to insure its not a DHCP issue.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  20. mariamenounous New Member

Thanks Received:
    Wifi router

Hello marcosamerio..
    If you are unable to connect access your wifi router then there must be some problem with connection. I think the following step scan help you to connect it properly to wireless router.

Connect your computer to the wireless router. Although you can access the router wirelessly, it is better to use an Ethernet cable to directly connect to your router so that you can securely adjust router settings. Plug the Ethernet cable into the appropriate Ethernet jack on your computer. Plug the other end of the cable into any one of the open Ethernet ports on the back of your wireless router.

2. Open a Web browser. In the URL address field, enter the IP address for your wireless router. This information should be contained in your router’s manual. If you cannot find it, enter “198.168.1.1” as the address. This is usually the default IP address for most routers.

3. Enter the username and password for your router. This should also be supplied in the router’s manual. If you don’t have this information, go to the RouterPasswords website and find the brand and model of your router. This site lists the default login information for most wireless routers.

4. You should now be able to see your wireless router settings. You can configure your network ports, as well as SSID (wireless network name) and passwords.
  21. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    You have replied twice with no reply from OP and no discernable reason.
    Reporting for spam.