1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

I don't like HP anymore!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by joytime360, Aug 18, 2010.

1. joytime360

joytime360 New Member

Thanks Received:
    why my hp G62-225NR keeps shuting down when i am playing WOW, so bad laptop, it is easy to be so hot to shut down. what's the prob ?? confusing me.I just got it .
    any suggestion to help me out is appreciated.

2. 95Viper

95Viper

Thanks Received:
    Well, if you just got it. I would recommend returning it, if you are not satisfied; and, read some reviews or get recommendations on other laptops, that are good for what you wish to use it for.
    Or, call HP tech support for an RMA.
    Or, see, if there is a bios update to address any over heating issues.

Since, it is new I would not recommend tearing it down or trying to fix the overheating issue yourself.

robn and joytime360 say thanks.
  3. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    The straight up answer why it shuts down is because it is using Intel intergrated GPU which is the worst intergrated GPU to use for gaming,its only good for general use but not for intense gaming hours like playing WOW.
    But its not good for any games.
    Thats probably why it shuts down from overheat;i got a HP laptop and mine works great,hasn't shut down yet from overheat the CPU shoots right up to 85C and it still runs*laptop spec is in sig*

4. Bundy

Bundy

Thanks Received:
    It's a budget laptop, best to return it. If you want reliable performance, you should look for a higher spec unit to replace it because that model is going to struggle at bit anyway.

5. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    Budget or super high end, NO laptop should EVER overheat regardless of the load or ambient temperatures.

6. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I agree on the load part. However ambient temps can have a huge impact on ANYTHING.

On topic: Just return that laptop man.

7. joytime360

joytime360 New Member

Thanks Received:
    thanks, i got it .

8. niko084

niko084

Thanks Received:
    Agreed but HP/Compaq have been having extremely high failure rates as well especially any of their non Elite line laptops....

Word of advice don't buy anything HP / Compaq that's not an Elite or printer.

Asus seems to be doing very well and they have a nice lineup of gaming laptops some not even at too bad of a price, same with Lenovo.

9. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    yeah, not so much. the HP "elite books" have some of the worst reliability I've ever seen. (personal experience with a sample of around 600 units)

I avoid HP generally. Asus is my pick (although my budget is somewhat higher) frankly, at that price point your not going to be too impressed no matter what you get (gaming wise anyway)

but good luck!

10. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    i can second the notions to stay away from HP we had a ton of them come in that where having the same issues with the chipsets/gfx cards BGA failing.
    Funny thing is all that's needed to fix some of the ones that didn't fry was a copper shim between the heatsinks.

11. BondExtreme

Thanks Received:
    Yeah. Please stay away from all HP products. Even their printers such imo. We have had three different printers by them, even one of their top of the line ones.. They are all very bad and fall apart or are just plain slow.

My HP gaming laptop's graphic card overheated and to fix it, it would of been about $450 to replace the entire motherboard and that wasn't going to happen. Only lasted me 16 months.. Was a hefty $1600...

My brother currently has an HP laptop and even that thing is starting to break down.

12. 95Viper

95Viper

Thanks Received:
    Darn, you people must have gotten all the bad stuff from HP. Sorry, 'bout your (bad)luck.

I have used nothing but HP printers, they are great. Well made, solid, compatible, beautiful output and not a single problem since my first one I purchased in the 1980's. Ink is a little on the high side, but, I can live with that.

As far as the notebooks... I've only bought one of them from HP, a DV9000 series and it has been great; yep, had to update the bios and replace the T.I.M. to help with the cooling, but it still humming along after about 3 years.

Guess I'm lucky.:)

13. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I have a HP Elitebook (Quad i5 etc) lappy at work for meetings and such, the damn things retail at £1100 in the UK, it's the best laptop/notebook I have ever owned/used (am probably on about my 30th) however, I agree, budget/low end HP's currently are poor and perhaps sadly to get a good one you have to pay a lot of money.