1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

I don't like my new Razer mouse

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Raw, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Honeybadger New Member

Thanks Received:
    I personally love Razer Mice. Ive had 3 over the past 10 years or so. I cant remember the name of the first one I got but I think it was a Deathadder. I used it for a few years until a puppy chewed the cord and I pieced it back together and it still worked until I could get another one. I got a Razer Lachesis which I still use on my laptop and Ive had 0 problems with it. A few weeks ago I bought a Razer Naga 2012. Im still getting used to it but so far the mouse is an awesome thing. I have a Razer Deathstarlker Keyboard as well and i really like it to. I installed the software thinking it would help with programing the keys and the buttons on the mouse but I simply uninstalled it. You dont need the software to benifit what I see as Great gaming mice. I love them and I will continue to use them as long as they keep making them so that I like what I bought.

2. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    double-click syndrome is
    When you activate the button it activates twice or some times more which can get very annoying and worse if you play games like Diablo and your in the inventory and you try pick some thing up and it drops it as well or the switch deactivates when you a dragging some thing even though the button is pressed

3. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    I'm using a cheap mouse now, had Logi g9 in the past but cant bring myself to pay £60 for a mouse now so I buy cheap and replace it when it does.

Also, I am left handed but have not used a mouse with my left hand for over ten years. It is just wrong trying to game left handed, mice are usually all right handed, and trying to use WASD with the right hand is weird.

4. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    That's why i don't use the ASWAD keys and when you get badly programed games i use a programmable keyboard :).

5. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    I guess you are a leftie too? What KB/mouse you using then, and do you use your mouse left handed.

Do you think i would see a difference using my mouse left handed?

6. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Yes, but thats because i would not allow people to force me to use my right hand when i was younger although due to a school i went to i do eat right handed.
    Sensei\BlackWidow( ironic huh )

Would you see a difference ?.. i would not know this would i ?, it would depend on how used to using a right handed mouse you are and how good your left hand is using the mouse lol.

7. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    I'm a leftie. I've never even tried it the other way around. A few of my class mates back in school used to move it around, i took a stand and a great decision it turned out to be! ;)

8. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    ok a little off topic sorry, but I had a friend that would turn the mouse around backwards, so the buttons were facing toward you. anyone heard of that?

9. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    ah yes the famous chinese pingpong grip :roll:

digibucc says thanks.
  10. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
  11. Aleksander

Thanks Received:
    @raw
    Thanks for pointing this out

12. Raw

Raw

Thanks Received:
    You are welcome

You are welcome...:toast:

13. marsey99

marsey99

Thanks Received:
    as much as i dont like to admit it, i have been a bit a pretty loyal razor fanboi for quite a few years but with all i have read about the new software i dont think my next mouse will be another :(

14. Animalpak

Animalpak

Thanks Received:
    so many haters for razer...

but since you love to hate things without reading reviews first.

I tell you, I've always had Razer mouse (Imperator and now Deathadder 2013) mouse mat (destrucor) Keypad (Nostromo and Orbweaver) and headphones (Tiamat 7.1 and Carcharias) and never had any problems !!

Synapse works well for what surprising if you also to play Farcry 3 Dragon Blood
    you must download Uplay and register ?? Steam not enough ?

I wonder where the problem cloud is the future.

15. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    I've had two razer mice, and both were ridiculous wastes of money, never again. I don't care about the cloud usage, even though it seems like unnecessary bulk. I just think razer makes the cheapest "cool looking" stuff they can, with shoddy software. that's from experience animal.

16. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    I tried the G500 and returned it. I LOVED the scroll wheel, but it was too heavy and too easy to accidentally hit the thumb buttons. The thumb button fumbling is often mentioned by others.

I was considering trying the G700, even though I'm not a big fan of wireless mice, but I'll stick with my G400 for now.

17. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Well I am loving my UtechSmart US-D8200-GM...is on sale at Newegg for $34 last I checked. I replaced my G5 with it. I never did install any drivers...all buttons work, all sensitivity options work. I know it has software for programming buttons and what-not. But I find I have little to no need for my gaming and general use situations beyond what the Windows base driver provides. I will say with all the weights in, this mouse has decent heft to it, and the feel of it as it's larger than the G5 is perfect. Now if I could get it to work in Ubuntu...

I looked at the razer mice, but I saw the Utech on sale and a little research found many people really liking it and ditching some of their razers and logi's for it. I figure at lower than 1/2 price on sale I might as well give it a shot.

:toast:

18. remixedcat

remixedcat

Thanks Received:
    G700 is wired and wireless. It does data over cable when wired.

19. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    Yes I know, what I mean is since I always prefer wired, I'd rather not pay for the wireless feature, and from reviews I've read, that's the only way (wired) it works well anyway. Unless they've improved the drivers or something since.

20. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith

Thanks Received:
    I got pretty lucky with my Deathadder before they released the new revision. I was able to get it and install the older drivers (aka legacy as Razor calls them). I had to buy a new mouse since my last Razer mouse (Diamondback died on me after 5 years of use). Now i am not touching Razer because of their cloud bs and i am so happy i was able to avoid the whole thing with the older revision of the mouse.

21. remixedcat

remixedcat

Thanks Received:

Its OK . hit n miss..

22. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    Only validates my point. Paying extra for a feature I don't want when it's hit and miss anyway, is ridiculous.

23. random

random

Thanks Received:
    I went from Razer Orochi > Razer Mamba 2012 then I moved to a Logitech G9x due to the mouse skipping in BF3 in wireless mode which has lasted me a while and now finally I'm on a R.A.T 9 which is by far the best mouse I've used out of all of them so far. Though I'm not sure how it compares to the Razer Orouboros, my mate has one and he loves it.

24. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    I had never heard this. not to be "that guy" but I've used my 700 across 3 systems and multiple installations, wireless and wired, and never had a problem with wireless. the ONLY consideration for me is battery life and cable tension.

how is it hit and miss, and is there no pattern to it? both for the individual and regarding how many people/what systems, etc?

25. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    Intermittent lag, esp in wireless mode, was a common complaint when they first came out. Some said it had to do with the Logitech software. They've probably refined the software and/or the drivers if it's gone away or lessened.

It may also depend what games you're playing. For instance even as little as 4 or 5 months ago there was a 3rd patch released for Metro Last Light and one of the primary fixes in the release notes was "Fix of framerate drops with Logitech software installed".

Anyways, my concerns for design go beyond not wanting to pay for the wireless feature, which I wouldn't use. The rechargeable ones are often heavier, and that's one complaint about this mouse I've seen in reviews. It's not weight adjustable either.

digibucc says thanks.