1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

I have 2 problems. Help please.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by J-Man, Nov 4, 2008.

1. J-Man

J-Man New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'll make this short and sweet. Yesterday after work, I installed my Q9550 and I put the Thermalright TRUE Black 120 Extreme cooler with 2x Scythe S-Flex 1600RPM fans. When I booted up, the POST screen said "CPU Fan Error, press F1 to resume". When I plugged up my cables, I only connected all the molex's on the 2 fans but I didn't plug in either connector into the CPU Fan connector on the board. The other thing is, in CoreTemp and RealTemp (this is pretty weird). My idle temperatures in CoreTemp is 47, 47, 44, 46 and RealTemp says 27, 27, 24, 25 (stock speeds). This is pretty weird. I don't think CoreTemp is right on that one. Thanks.
  2. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    I use a Scythe Ninja and with my board having heatsinks on the north and south bridge it does not allow me to put the included fan on. (dont need it anyway since my overclock idle temp is about 20*C) That being said, when I boot up it cannot detect the CPU fan speed and will not allow me to POST further. Lucky me, since I use RAM coolers, I just plug my OCZ RAM cooler into the CPU 3-pin connector on the motherobard and it boots up no problem. So if you can, plug a fan into that 3-pin connector on the motherboard.

Personally, I hate CoreTemp and RealTemp because honestly the individual core temps dont matter. What matters is the overall temp. Look at what the temps are in the BIOS and download and install Everest Ultimate. Everest gives you CPU, GPU, HDD temps along with voltages and fan speed.
  3. EiSFX

Thanks Received:
    Well the CPU fan error is just there cuz you didn't plug any fan in to the CPU FAN header its nothing to worry about most boards that will only come up the first time you boot and on other boards you will need to go in to the BIOS and under the Hardware monitoring section (on most boards) you will need to turn off the fan RPM monitoring and it will stop the CPU fan warning from coming up the other question i'm not really sure what your asking there
  4. J-Man

J-Man New Member

Thanks Received:
    Oh so you're saying I should plug my Corsair Dominator RAM cooler in the CPU Fan header? Also in BIOS, my temperature on the CPU is 25C. I shall get Everest Ultimate.
  5. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    thats a good method to get a fan reading. the dominator fan should do the trick.

Realtemp is the one to trust for temperatures, coretemps always been erratic/incorrect on certain CPU's.
  6. J-Man

J-Man New Member

Thanks Received:
    I was in the BIOS now just checking things like voltages and I put the CPU voltage straight up to 1.3. I dunno if that's too high for 2.83GHz? I wanna push this chip to atleast 3.6GHz+.
  7. J-Man

J-Man New Member

Thanks Received:
    Everest reports the same temperatures as CoreTemp, very weird. BIOS says 25c.
  8. modder New Member

Thanks Received:
    hi , your bios temp = cpu TCase° , CoreTemp and RealTemp reports Tjunction° .Everest reports 5 temps , 1 cpu tcase° (on everest field below motherboard temp ) and 4 cpu Tjunction° (eg: CPU#1/Core#1 ,CPU#1/Core#2,..). a difference about 1 ° C appear between bios temp and everest CPU temp.I did the test once :)
  9. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    It did for me with my POST problem.