1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

I have a 780i EVGA ONLY gives FF on boot need help...

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Markuss13, Aug 29, 2009.

1. Markuss13 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I purchased a 780i on ebay bout month or so ago and the guys was suppose to send me the reciept but never did. I was wondering if anybody here has any ideas as to what I can do?

2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I thought FF meant it was fine. I could be wrong. You don't happen to be or know the member lucasweir do you?

3. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    IF its FF clear the cmos reseat the cpu try booting with one stick of ram.

4. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    I have a Evga 680i board and ''FF'' on the mobos LED screen means the board is Fully Functional and everything is fine.

If your saying that your board gives an ''FF'' reading only on boot up and doesn't stay on the board the rest of the time(or gives you other numbers), then you got a problem. Try doing as stated, reset CMOS, try one stick of RAM, make sure everything is seated nicely.etc, also if there are other numbers/letters besides ''FF'' on the board, look in the manual of the mobo or at Evga.com/nvidia.com and see what error it is.

As for your receipt, ask the guy for it and if he doesn't give you it, take it up to the Ebay ''mods'' (or whatever there called there) and see what you can do about it. It could be he gave you a bad board and no receipt so you couldn't return it.

5. Markuss13 New Member

Thanks Received:
    NO what happens is it stays on FF the whole time and never give a signal to video card and I've tried to use different cpu's and used different ram. I've tried just bout everything in the book other than doing an rma or replacing the bios. My problem is that the board stays on ff and never goes off of it, it also never gives any display on vid card. I'm not even able to load up bios on screen cause nothing shows up!

6. Markuss13 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I know lucas why?