1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

I have no idea where my mother is, what she's doing, or even if she's alive

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by hat, Dec 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    Earlier today she said she was going to Lenie's house (a friend from work) because she said she needed help. This was around 6 o clock or so. I called her at 11 and she hadn't left that house yet. She said she would call me back later. Now it's almost 2:30 in the morning and I have no idea what's going on, what she's doing or even if she's alive. I called her cell phone like 10 times and I didn't get answered once. What the hell do I do? :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

god, shouldn't it be the parent's job to worry like this? If I was out late, I was always with family, and when my parents called they ALWAYS got an answer, period.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    How many times does her cell phone ring? Goes straight to machine, a few times then answering machine, or never reaches answering machine?

Edit: Scratch that. There is no set limit on reporting a person missing. If you honestly feel that this is extremely abnormal and that she may be in serious danger, call your local police department and they'll look into it.

Edit: Edit: Have you tried Lenie's land line phone number? If he says she left a long time ago, then yeah, contact PD.
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
    hat says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    No idea what the number is...
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    hat says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  5. RadeonX2

RadeonX2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    maybe she's up for something, I wouldn't really care if my mother is not coming home for 1 day without knowing where she was/ what she's doing. Now if my mother is not at home like for week or a month and I have no clue where she was what she's doing, then I would be worried and freak the hell out.

Don't worry, I know she's alive and well maybe your mother is up for some busy task.
    hat says thanks.
  6. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    she's never been out this late as long as I've known her...
    damn, don't know Lenie's last name.

Crunching for Team TPU
  7. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    I'm pretty sure Ohio is having some unfriendly weather now or recently. The roads could be in bad shape. Anything is possible, unfortunately. :(

If the place your mother works has a website, it should be listed on there. PD department can also look up people by first name. So it may be worth opening a dialog with them if you run out of options.

Edit: How bad does it look outside?
    hat says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  8. RadeonX2

RadeonX2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    how bout asking your father?
    hat says thanks.
  9. DanTheBanjoman Señor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Let me get this straight, since there is no 2:30 in the morning I'm taking it you're speaking of AM, ie nighttime. So that leaves us with a person who has been missing for three and a half hours.

So, what to do you ask? Well, personally I would cry out on the interwebz for my mommy even though I should be sleeping at 2:30 AM. Though, more importantly is the morning, when you wake up and and she's there. Be sure to smile extremely friendly and ask "was he good?".
    Also, God isn't registered to TPU, there is no point in asking him things directly here.
  10. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    I'd have to go to a cemetary.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  11. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    Not any snow or ice in the least.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  12. RadeonX2

RadeonX2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    sorry I didn't know that ;) ya for sure your mother will be home the next day.
    hat says thanks.
  13. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    That's great to know. Any luck on the number?

She might have stayed overnight at his place for whatever reason. Would it be ackward for her to not notify you of that decision if it were the case?
    hat says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  14. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    if only you knew the kind of shit I've been through within the past 2 or so years in my life... maybe you would change your thinking
    Crunching for Team TPU
  15. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    Nope. I only know the first name. She said something about going over to Gloria's house (Leanie's daughter) and when I called before around 11 she was there she anwered and said she would call me later. And yes, it would be very strange for her to notify me of anything like this. She's never, ever stayed over at anyone's place overnight before anyway, unless she was visiting family for an extended period of time, and I was with her if she was. This is highly unusual in all cases.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  16. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    I assume you don't know her number either.

Well, I think you'll have to make the decision. Either you wait until morning to see if she turns up or you call your local PD and notify them of the situation.
    hat says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  17. DanTheBanjoman Señor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    If you're paranoid enough not to go to bed before your mother is home just to panic instead nobody here is qualified to talk to you about it. The reason you are paranoid really doesn't change anything.
  18. PP Mguire

PP Mguire New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hes obviously very worried about his mother. You dont have to be a dick about it.
    hat says thanks.
  19. RadeonX2

RadeonX2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    yes he is worried, I guess he really love her mother that's why he's worried.
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
    hat says thanks.
  20. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    Since when am I a she?
    Crunching for Team TPU
  21. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    By the way, if you decide to report, look up the number in the phone book for the police department (usually under <city>, City of). I would refrain from using 9-1-1 service.
    hat says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  22. DanTheBanjoman Señor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    There are two things you can do, hug him, give him candy, tell him you love him and if/when the world explodes he can live on your moon base. Or, you can tell him the truth, tell him to go to bed and she will pop up no matter what. Being paranoid really doesn't change anything. It's just like Christmas, no matter how long you stay up the night before to catch Santa, the presents will be exactly the same. Not sleeping due to anxiety really doesn't change a thing. Feeding a kids anxiety here only has negative effects, as does helping Hat think his mother is being probed in a UFO right now.
    So if you think telling him to just go to bed instead of posting on a tech site is being a dick, that's ok.
  23. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    Wow, man. Never heard the phrase, "if you got nothing good to say, say nothing at all?"

Maybe things work different in the Netherlands. For all he knows, she could be unconcious in a car wreck with hours to live. Then again, maybe she pulled over to take a nap because she was too tired to drive and her cell phone is dead/has no connectivity. Better safe than sorry.

Assume the worst, hope for the best.
    hat says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  24. PP Mguire

PP Mguire New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yea you cant just "go to sleep" when your worried about somebody you care for. He came here for some comfort and to talk about it to let some steam off. Not for some self absorbed wanabe Dr Phil from across the pond to be a dick to him. Or to anybody for that matter who actualy want to help him or attempt to try.
    hat says thanks.
  25. DanTheBanjoman Señor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Yup, or she got raped by a monkeyman, is currently being tortured by terrorists, perhaps she turned terrorist herself, maybe she is actually a robot from the future and went back. Ever considered that feeding his paranoid ideas by telling him to call the cops or his mom might be in a carwreck is the negative thing?
    I prefer to tell things as they are, it's called reality. Reality is that there most likely is nothing to worry about. Bed > wake up > all good. If not, he can worry in the morning.