1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

I just got a new monitor!!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by ace80, Oct 13, 2009.

1. ace80

ace80

Thanks Received:
    Since both my 3870's died i've not done much pc gaming (mostly 360) as my x1800's don't cut it. I had a 26" lcd 720p t.v. and an old 17" lcd monitor.
    I sold the telly to my brother and bought this baby instead - http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/prods/Monitors/24inchMonitors/LG/W2486L.html

I've got a copy of win7 coming soon and hopefully i can afford a HD 5 series card next month. This way i think i'll trully see the power difference of the new card.

Pics following shortly.
  2. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Nice monitor you picked up, didn't loose a ton of size, if you had went down to 22" I would have said to just use the 26" as a monitor, but looks like you did well here. Once you pick up that 5xxx card you should have a solid setup.
  3. A Cheese Danish

A Cheese Danish

Thanks Received:
    Wow, very nice monitor! And I agree with Krugan; once you get that 5xxx card, your setup will be pretty bawls.
  4. kyle2020 Guest

Stunning monitor, a friend of mine has one and they are gorgeous.

Nice purchase - oh and the power difference between dual 3870's and a 5 series will be mind blowing - plus less power usage, less heat, less space taken up in your chassis - basically a win win situation :D
  5. ace80

ace80

Thanks Received:
    Cheers guys, i do love it.
    I was gonna get a 22" but when i saw them in the flesh they were too small.
    One thing i overlooked was speakers, used to use the telly's. So i've had look for my ancient creative ones. The 360 is plugged in aswell but i've had to run a cable from the monitors headphone jack to the pc's line in. Works well enough, just means the pc needs to be on.

Pics will be up shortly, lost internet connection briefly and trying to find my damn cameras usb cable :banghead:
  6. Laurijan

Thanks Received:
    Grats for you Full-HD monitor! I remember how i felt when i got my Full-HD Benq which btw is really ugly compared to your purchase