1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

I just started making my new computer I was just wonderng if there was any advice I c

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by pt_of_vu, Feb 3, 2007.

1. pt_of_vu New Member

Thanks Received:
    I recently started making my own computer so I was wondering if there was anyhting i should know so I son't have to find out the hard way as in when I'm all finished the computer doesn't work.

2. Namslas90 New Member

Thanks Received:
    things to remember:
    Static protection, Mobo spacers, Thermal compound, Clean connectors, Properly seated connections, Take your time, Double check before Power-Up.

3. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
    Post the board out side of the case on the box to make sure the board is good...

4. AshenSugar

AshenSugar New Member

Thanks Received:
    buy good quility products, this dosnt mean you have to spend alot, it just means dont buy CRAP, by crap i mean stuff thats eather bottem rung or using VIA chipsets(only time via chipsets are good is with VIA cpu's)

lke ktr said post the board outside a case first, saves alot of headakes if the boards DOA, also helps u know if SOMEHOW the boards shorting on the case(happens more then anybody here would like to think about/admit.

if you need parts advice ASK HERE, dont just read some reviews and trust your friends.

a person in another thred asked for some help because he was getting bad perf out of a new system a while back, when he listed the parts his buddy had him get it was really miss matched stuff, easly avoided if he had asked here first :) (he could have made a system 2x as fast for less $)