1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

i miss my older days

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Solaris17, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    so i have a new cooler to review...thing is i dont want to disassemble my water...well as it so happens my ex's rig is sitting in the room next to me and just so happens to house my old Q6600 ES chip...so i swap coolers with the xilence that was on it because one thing i noticed was that my ES chip gets alot ohtter than the retail versions..and the xilence couldnt keep up which is why it was over for repair..so i boot it up to start playing around and man given my rig it brings me way back...i LOVE this chip..its so easy to get to 4ghz its insane..and the stock voltage is like 1.240v soooo low..and i just have to say while i absolutly dispise the 780i mobo's this rig i think could give mine a run for its money..i built her the following

OCZ 700w
    Q6600 ES
    idk w/e cooler from xig i just got
    evga 780i
    8GB mushkin 800mhz
    160GB/250GB
    8800GTS (G92)

iv been priming her for hours now and she is sitting rock steady at only 54ÂșC loaded..on AIR!! thats crazy given my rig..and quick wow..her system is mad quick..idk i guess this thread has no point other than i sat their watching it run prime for a good 25min admiring my old work..everything except the card used to be mine..and o envy her honestly..i mean lets face it i personally think its a damn good rig and its not everyday you get your hands on an ES chip. any other upgrade(es) remember their first not current 775 monster..cause its hitting me hard....maybe ill tell her it blew up and give her something else :p
  2. MKmods Case Mod Guru

Thanks Received:
    I know the feeling, I miss how easy it was to always setup my AMD stuff (now using i7)
  3. Solaris17

Thanks Received:
    i know back when stuff was easy...bump fsb up to desired clock give it 1.4 on vcore and NB F10 enter now its way to complicated
  4. MKmods Case Mod Guru

Thanks Received:
    LOL, I tried about 100 times to get raid to work (it still dosent) im so hopeless
  5. Solaris17

Thanks Received:
    haha thats how the world works i guess though give and take lol i wanted a fst rig...and now i can barely keep it cool enough to work.