1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

I Need a Good Replacementy Motherboard ASAP

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by pepsi71ocean, Jun 14, 2008.

1. pepsi71ocean New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey all,

My Computer upgrading has turned to complete utter hell. Ok heres a summary....Int he quest to ever clock higher on my Q6600 i ran across a thread at the eVGA forums called "If you have a Quad running 3.6GHz or higher" and i deiced that since almost all of the users were using 680i A1 board that maby i should go to the 680i A1 Board as well. With that in mind i went fourth and bough the eVGA 680i A1 board from evga. Well that board arrived and...it was doa... so then when i went to rma the board, my card was declined multiple times, to the point where firs the bank locked my accounts and assets(they though it was a stolen card), and then when i got hat fixed they then managed to delete my bank account link so i couldn't buy things online. Another week passed and now today on Friday the 13, i got my Thermal take NB cooler. Well i redid the tim and guess what no post. So then after 3 hours of frustration i figured out how to declare it was a C1 memory error without even having led codes. I remembered from when my tracer ram was in the dead mobo, the tracer leds moved in a certain slow pattern, well my LT mobo did the same thing. Its tot he point of where i ahve 2 dead mobo's, a RMA mobo from evga comming. And to make things worse i need my computer for work. What was supposable be a simple 3 hours down on my computer and the network is turning into a hellish nightmare.

What Im asking is What should i use for a replacement board. I was looking at an Abit motherboard. Im swinging towards the Abit IP35 Pro because it has almost 1,000 reviews with a vast majority with a good rating.

Abit IP 35 Pro There is the link

So guys what you suggest i should get if my RMA mobo is doa. I need something that can overclock a Q6600 up to and or beyond 3.6Ghz. Any questions about computer specks see my System info, everything is the same except for the mobo that is dead.

Thanks for the time guys.

2. craigo

craigo

Thanks Received:
    Hey Pepsi,
    Man that sucks...hope the rma works for you, I read up a bit on that abit board and all reports indicate its an oc monster,make sure you get the pro variant though...also check out the dfi bloodiron..iall i know of this board is people round these parts seem to love it and achive good results with it...the intel chipsets are better than the nv offerings of late...that said you might be able to land a new p45 chipset soone rather than later.

3. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    the one in my specs works extremely well with quads.

4. intel igent

intel igent New Member

Thanks Received:
    whats your price range?

5. pepsi71ocean New Member

Thanks Received:
    i don't really have a price range, i just need a motherboard that can perform, and be reliable as well.

I am checking out the DFI Bloodiron board.

Maby, the 680i chipset was a mistake, oh well you live to learn.

6. pepsi71ocean New Member

Thanks Received:
    Didn't workout

Hey all im back. My replacement mothgerboard from evga didn't work as planned, and i got another dud.

So i went out and bought a DFI Blood Iron board

this one to be exact DFI Blood Iron

the question is how well does it overclock quads, and im asking all Blood Iron oweners what they think.

7. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    from what i've heard the blood iron can OC very well, it just takes more time to tune it in because it has a lot of settings.

8. pepsi71ocean New Member

Thanks Received:
    do you have any expierance with the blood iron board

9. dark2099

dark2099

Thanks Received:
    i know sneekypeet has a couple of them and if you can get ahold of him will have you running your quad at max on that board in no time.

sneekypeet says thanks.
  10. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    mo unfortunately i dont, only what i've read about the board from users here on TPU with it. Hopefully one will be in here soon to help you.

11. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    As dark stated, do have a pretty good handle on those mobo's.

I have found the chipsets MAX OC is limited by the CPU's. All 3 of them I have had do/did well over 500FSB.

PM me or add me to your yahoo/msn messenger and I can help ya through any sticky spots.

12. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    Oh the blood Iron days.. lol.. I did have my Q6700 on the board that Sneeky's "lady" has now. IT was a great ocer. I was able to get 3.5 with all multi's... But, the only thing I found bad about going more was due to heat. But, that has to do with the temperatures that I have in the house and so forth.
    The board was a great oc'er. Well still is because Sneeky is the one that taught me about that board! :toast: my Man!

13. Hayder_Master

Hayder_Master

Thanks Received: