1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

i need a new game, but have a few requirements :D

Discussion in 'Games' started by ste2425, Jun 27, 2009.

1. JrRacinFan

JrRacinFan Served 5k and counting ...

Thanks Received:
    Still by far a very good game. Played through it twice, would still be playing it if I haven't moved on to Ghostbusters, Cryostasis and Prototype.
    odameyer says thanks.
  2. ste2425

ste2425

Thanks Received:
    freaking awsome game, but completed it just a few too many times :D, crnt wait for the second one though,

an im gettin there with cryostasis its just a bit slow an im certain my rig should play it better then it does
    odameyer says thanks.
  3. Binge

Binge Overclocking Surrealism

Thanks Received:
    Alright, get your hands on an M-16, and open fire in the middle of a ghetto. I guaranty you'll have some scary shit on your hands. Best game ever.
    odameyer and ste2425 say thanks.
  4. MoonPig

MoonPig

Thanks Received:
    Fear 1 and 2
    Half-Life 1, 2, EP1 and EP2
    Stalker SoC and CS
    Bioshock
    Fallout 3 with DLCs
    Resident Evil
    Cryostasis
    Left 4 Dead (Good Single Player, better online though)
    Doom 3
    Killing Floor (Never played it, so i don't know if it has Single Player
    Far Cry 1 (Was free abit back, otherwise, it should be daftly cheap - has FPS, Horror and Vehicles :D)

To name afew... lol
    odameyer and ste2425 say thanks.
  5. ste2425

ste2425

Thanks Received:
    ooo i didnt no farcry had horror, i obviously wasn't patient enough lol, does the second?
    odameyer says thanks.
  6. thesonglessbird New Member

Thanks Received:
    Just wait for Alan Wake :p
    odameyer says thanks.
  7. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    If you haven't tried STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl or Clear Sky . . . I'd truly recommend checking them out . . . they're in the bargain bin now, so it's not like you're dumping too much money . . .

STALKER, though, doesn't have vehicles in the vanilla game - but the atmosphere is incredible by itself.

As well, there's so many effin mods for both games that once you complete vanilla - you can go back and play something nearly enitrelly different . . . new features, vehicles, new mutants, expanded NPC factions, new storylines, textures, model, weapons, items, drasticlly different visuals . . . I could keep going :p

As to what you're looking for - you've already got Fallout3, only other title I could recommend would be FEAR 2.

Doom3 is great for it's atmosphere - but no vehicles . . . and it gets a little repetitive further into the game you go. If you haven't tried the original FEAR - check that out, too . . .
    ste2425 and odameyer say thanks.
  8. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    Without a doubt. I quit playing about 1/3 the way in (I hate suspense and bloody mutants jumping out of the wood work). :(

Not at all. Far Cry 2 I could handle but it really has nothing in common with the original beyond the engine. Why they named it "Far Cry 2" is beyond me....

Put simple, Far Cry is a horror game on an island--the first several missions give you the impression it is anything but...

Far Cry 2 is a mercenary game--its like Just Cause without the CIA on your side. XD

Oh, and Just Cause was sooooo much better than Far Cry 2. Graphics weren't as pretty but Far Cry 2 was big on hype and small on delivery.
    odameyer says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  9. stuartb04

stuartb04

Thanks Received:
    how about prototype

good mindless fun

a bit like gta(sort of).you drive vehicles too.(tanks,helis)
    odameyer says thanks.
  10. ste2425

ste2425

Thanks Received:
    hmmm kwl i might carry on with farcry then, ive got my eyes on the alien game too, some one mentioned it on here actually, well cheers for heads up lol but untill i buy then back to quate 4 (i dont get paid till weekend)
    odameyer says thanks.
  11. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    Maybe Prey? I never played it but apparently you do get jumped by aliens and there is no vehicles as far as I know.
    odameyer says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  12. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    I played FC1 as a little kid and don't ever remember feeling scared of it...

Anyways S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is a great game, both Shadow of Chernobyl and Clear Sky. Shadow of Chernobyl is scarier, but get the Oblivion Lost mod to go with it... the guns suck hard in Shadow of Chernobyl without it (and it adds moar horrar). Clear Sky is better with guns, espically since you can have them modified by the fix-it-up guys in the bases.
    odameyer says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  13. Crusader

Crusader New Member

Thanks Received:
    I would suggest Dead Island, but I've been waiting years for it with no end in site. The main site is under reconstruction http://www.deadislandgame.com/

Not entirely sure if it had vehicles or not, though chances are it does (Chrome Engine, and the original Chrome games did). First person zombie killing, more melee than firearms, has a sweet damage system that literately peels away the skin and flesh, revealing muscles and even bone. Nice graphics as well, designed for PC and Xbox360 (apparently a PS3 version as well).

Wiki doesn't show all too much unfortunately.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Island - and bs, the site hasn't been down since 07, I was on it last year sometime >_>

For screenies, just google Dead Island, showed plenty for me.
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
    ste2425 and odameyer say thanks.
  14. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    Battlefield Heroes! it's free too. Q4 2009 will be much better for gaming there seems to be a shortage at the moment but it's like this every summer this is usually when a lot of online leagues start because of school and all this is a good time to join a clan to play Call of Duty, Counter-Strike or Team Fortress competitively.
  15. Dippyskoodlez New Member

Thanks Received:
    If you haven't played all the way through doom 3, you're missing out!

It will scare the shit out of you. :rockout:

Plus since its a bit older you can play with uber settings on :D

Just because it's older doesn't mean its not worth playing!

Also, ALL of the old MOHAA series.
    ste2425 says thanks.
  16. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    heroes was terrible when i tried it about a month ago
  17. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    it's not that bad. it's free so not much to complain about.
  18. Crusader

Crusader New Member

Thanks Received:
    A LOT of people get games for "free", yet they still complain. A game being free doesn't mean it doesn't have to live up to high expectations. Especially when you get games like America's Army 3 which is also free, and is a decent game (IMO at least). Except for the auth servers failboating at release :slap:

Also it being EA with all their money you'd think they'd at least try for a change :roll:
  19. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    i'm not going to complain even though there are several things I don't like it's a coffee game considering all the projects Digital Illusions is working on Battlefield 1943, Battlefield Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3 I would say it was pretty nice of them to release Battlefield Heroes for free.
  20. Error 404

Error 404 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've been playing STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl for the last week, and there are some very ominously atmospheric environments, and I'd say its not too scary but it is quite a dark game. Although, having a soldier open fire on you when everything's been silent and you're sneaking around always gives me a jump...
    I might look into the mod packs I can get for it, the guns do suck a bit, especially the pistols (which are almost useless, even Big Ben isn't that good).
  21. ste2425

ste2425

Thanks Received:
    ill check out the stalker games, theyve been mentioned allot, an to who ever mentioned prey got it and completed it many times, yes it is scary, not as much so now but i no when every monster will try and eat you, but its either got very dark very crampt clostaphobic spaces or huge jaw dropping scenes, good game