1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

I will be leaving TPU!

Discussion in 'News' started by W1zzard, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeroPrinny

HeroPrinny New Member

Thanks Received:
    it better be an early april fools joke! If it is note best of luck in the future. The Drama Llama storm that happened was pretty dumb.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  2. jaystein New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well, I'm not going to say goodbye yet. I've seldom posted on this site but it is my homepage and I certainly don't want to see W1zz go. Don't get upset by losers that thrive on the last frontier of their meaningless stagnant lives. The internet is still about freedom, and that means that the worst idiots can thrive on the tubez.

Having said that, I would like you to just snub your nose at the trolls and keep up the fantastic work W1zzard!

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  3. trickson

trickson OH, I have such a headache

Thanks Received:
    OH MAN ! That is right it is April ! Man this better be a joke dude ! :twitch:

4. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I don't blame W1zz for leaving, I've been thinking about doing the same myself. The past few months have been pretty dreadful around here with people's behavior, rudeness and the most noteworthy a sense of false entitlement. Perhaps this is just the evolution of the internet and society as we all just sit in our fake leather chairs in front of a monitor and be dicks to one another. All I know is there is much more to life than that.

Biker, dhoshaw, HookeyStreet and 20 others say thanks.
  5. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Godspeed W1zz. It seemed like you had the candle burning at both ends trying to keep everything going. Take a break and enjoy life for awhile without the headaches.

If you ever need help in a future endeavor, you know where to find me.

6. Binge

Binge Overclocking Surrealism

Thanks Received:
    +1 You know one of the possible end of the world scenarios is "Mass Insanity." I feel it may be closer than people would think :(

7. freaksavior

freaksavior To infinity ... and beyond!

Thanks Received:
    Oh god save us. were going to be the new [H] :shadedshu:shadedshu:shadedshu:shadedshu:shadedshu:shadedshu:shadedshu:shadedshu:shadedshu:shadedshu:shadedshu:shadedshu:shadedshu:shadedshu:shadedshu:shadedshu:shadedshu:shadedshu:shadedshu:shadedshu:shadedshu:shadedshu:shadedshu:shadedshu:shadedshu:shadedshu

Wrigleyvillain says thanks.
  8. the54thvoid

the54thvoid

Thanks Received:
    I love W1zz's reviews. Not another site does such a comparison against such a long line of cards and models.

Dude, if you value the geeks - stay. Or tell us all what you do because many of us value your tech opinions and as such look to that for solid guidance.

Theres a lot of pish out in the old tech web so wise folk like you need to be heard.

tonyd223, DRDNA and WarEagleAU say thanks.
  9. Inioch

Inioch

Thanks Received:
    This is shocking news! Don't go W1zzard, you've built a site which 99% of love and your reviews are the source where many people come for unbiased information.

This just blows big time. Mods can teach whiners and trolls to shut the f up and not bitch about pointless things.

If you do go, best of luck and hopefully you won't abandon your programs.

10. trickson

Thanks Received:
    Yeah . I we all have bad days . ALL OF US HERE HAVE DONE IT TO EACH OTHER !
    One would think with all this tech we could find a way to live in peace and love . But we are human and for that we are all DICKS !

11. theubersmurf

theubersmurf

Thanks Received:
    That sucks honestly. Sorry you went through that. This is the first place I come for news (like another poster said) and reviews. Hopefully the change won't erode the community, or the quality of the site. I blame the gpu wars for it. Someone dead set on getting the best face on what was probably their favorite brand. I honestly think the whole issue needs to be defused somehow. It's gone so far from a rational standpoint to one of sheer emotionality, with arguments that more resemble rationalizations than actual arguments. As well, the real arguments are rehashed upon rehashed upon rehashed, I'm honestly pretty sick of those overworn arguments. Periodically they're still valid, but that's almost never the way they're presented.

12. Hawkster13

Hawkster13

Thanks Received:
    Although, I have been here not very long.

I liked W1zzard, I have read many posts by him and I honestly feel he is an intelligent, fair, fun guy.

I enjoyed reading his fermi review. I found it to be an excellent review and it's much better than many other reviews I have read. I didn't know he was being bashed in the forum, this is news for me. I havent read or will be reading that thread, because I am pretty sure that, that thread is packed with way too crazy Nvidia Fans.

W1zzard, I can honestly say that I am going to miss your posts and I am certain so are hundreds other TPU members.

I wish you all the best man! Good luck! :rockout:

LifeOnMars says thanks.
  13. ste2425

ste2425

Thanks Received:
    eh?!? you carn't leave man thats like errrr wrong! ever since ive been on here you been like the boss if no one else no's the answer you do, whats gonna happen now when no one else nos the answer?

14. pjladyfox

pjladyfox New Member

Thanks Received:
    Please tell me this is an early April Fool's joke? Please? :cry:

15. ste2425

ste2425

Thanks Received:
    ey up lets stay on toppic man this is about wizz leaving not what went on in the other thread bud :toast:

WarEagleAU and Binge say thanks.
  16. HeroPrinny

HeroPrinny New Member

Thanks Received:
    it went that way? i noticed people complaining and stopped reading the comments.

17. Binge

Binge Overclocking Surrealism

Thanks Received:
    Why don't we skip the blame game and focus on what's actually happening. :shadedshu The next person I see screaming fanboy, fanboi, or anything of the sort will be getting a report for trolling.

18. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I swear on anything you deem holy if this turns into a flame war about cards you will get a permanent vacation!!!!!

Grings, dhoshaw, AsphyxiA and 16 others say thanks.
  19. ste2425

ste2425

Thanks Received:
    being serious whats gonna happen to tpu? there wont be major changes will there? it wont be the same if there is

20. skylamer

skylamer

Thanks Received:

he has, but don't wanna share it with Usz

21. LifeOnMars

LifeOnMars New Member

Thanks Received:
    You summed up how I have been feeling, just because people are behind screens and the internet doesn't automatically give them the right to be rude,arrogant, whatever. You for one have helped me with various issues I have had since I joined the site and you would be also sadly missed so don't do it!! There are alot of members on here who have respect, are decent and are here for the info /community and quality of the site and i think this is the time we have to all have a rethink and get TPU back on track.

erocker says thanks.
  22. lism New Member

Thanks Received:
    Wizzard i dont believe you.

Your the biggest on the net and you just decide to leave because of some bad comments?

Cheer up dude. We dont want another commercial company taking TPU over :( Fuck.

23. trickson

Thanks Received:
    I just think that this sucks . No one should make any one leave . and man I just hate it . I get all my information here ! You have all help me more than I could have ever though possible , Every time I have a problem you are there I love this place and really hate to see this happen to any one .

24. saikamaldoss

saikamaldoss

Thanks Received:
    thats not right man :(

25. HeroPrinny

HeroPrinny New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah a person should leave on their own accord, not due to things that happened, it makes for a unhappy splitting.