1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[WTB][US] i5 2400s Sandy Bridge

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade/Giveaway Forum' started by Arjai, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Arjai

Arjai

Thanks Received:
    I am in the process of collecting parts for a build. It is for a friend that is kinda down and out and wants a Desktop to stay connected with his kids and pay a few bills online.

I like the 65W i5's and this one will future proof him for a while.

If anybody has one I would love to get one for around $90, or less. This is a budgeted build since he has an evil child support settlement.

Thanks. Also, I have convinced him that he will be crunching for TPU, cost of my services. :) Actually, he likes the idea, once I described it to him.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. wrxxx New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have a really good board and gpu if interested
  3. Vario

Vario

Thanks Received:
    If you don't make any headway, consider an i3. It sounds like he doesn't need extreme performance, other options could be a phenomII or a older generation i5 (750?)
    Arjai says thanks.
  4. Arjai

Arjai

Thanks Received:
    We have i3's at school. They are alright but I like the four cores, or logical cores, and the low wattage. I want him to be able to leave it on while he's at work and not drive the power bill through the roof!

Plus, Sandy Bridge is plenty good enough for his uses. I was a bit surprised at the money people want on eBay and Amazon and such. I am still hoping somebody here has one collecting dust and is generous enough to help out.

I also like the speed. I don't want him coming at me three months after the build and complaining about it being too slow...even though he knows this going to be done on the cheap. I want to be able to get him in on something that won't be trash in two years.

Not that i3's are trash, just not what I am willing to settle with, yet.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  5. Vario

Vario

Thanks Received:
    Maybe a x58 system? My dad's 930 keeps up with my ivy fine. Requires a bit more wattage then sandy though.
  6. solara2xb

Thanks Received:
    I have a I5 2320 that I am looking to sell.
    This was pulled from one of my spare PCs.

If you are interested let me know