1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[US] i7 3770K - $60 + Shipping (Intel Retail Edge)

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by silkstone, May 15, 2013.

1. ChristTheGreat

ChristTheGreat

Thanks Received:
    I want that CPU!!!!!!!!!

Crunching for Team TPU
  2. LAN_deRf_HA

LAN_deRf_HA

Thanks Received:
    So all you really need is permission to use someone's info and you could do the trainings yourself? Seems like asking a lot to get someone else to sit through that.

3. silkstone

silkstone

Thanks Received:
    Yea, It is fairly easy to join, you just have to work at one of those places and sign up to the program.

4. FR@NK

FR@NK

Thanks Received:
    When I used to work retail I was part of this program. It was like once a year Intel would have a deal like this. I also remember they would have live events where they would speak about current and up coming tech then provide dinner and give away hardware.

Other companies do this aswell; Microsoft gave away copies of win7 ultimate when it first came out. Hp gave me 300 bucks off of a printer and I bought a $2000 receiver on a thing Yamaha had for $800. LG and Panasonic had special pricing on TVs and Samsung too.

5. Urlyin

Urlyin Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    I signed up but can not purchase the chip as a Roadie and need to do some of their online sales courses...

FYI from Overclock.net

•Everyone but Roadies can participate in the Summer Deal.
    •Rockstars and Rock Legends get special pricing.

Member Status Levels

Member Status levels, qualifications, and benefits are represented below. Status may be lowered by inactivity, but not by redeeming Chips in the Program.

Level 1: Roadie

New Members start at Roadie status.

Roadie Privileges and Perks:

— Earn 500 Chip for joining the Program

— Eligible to participate in Chip-earning opportunities

— Eligible to receive invitations to Live Events

— Eligible to participate in Member Drawings

Level 2: Producer

Producer Qualifications - Become a Producer by earning 10,000 Chips

Privileges and Perks in addition to those available at the Roadie status:

— Eligible to redeem Chips for select merchandise in the Online Store

— Eligible to participate in the Summer Deal and Holiday Deal

Keeping Producer Status: To keep Producer status, a minimum of 1,000 Chips must be earned per month. If a minimum of 1,000 Chips is not earned in a month, the Member automatically reverts back to Roadie status.

Level 3: Rockstar

Rockstar Qualifications – Become a Rockstar by earning 40,000 Chips

Privileges and Perks in addition to those available at the Producer status

— Eligible to redeem Chips for select merchandise in the Online Store, including Rockstar-only items

— Receive Rockstar treatment in the Summer Deal and Holiday Deal

— Score exclusive Rockstar swag at live events

Keeping Rockstar Status: To keep Rockstar status, a minimum of 2,000 Chips must be earned per month. If a minimum of 2,000 Chips is not earned in a month, the Member automatically reverts back to Producer level.

Rock Legend

Rock Legend Qualifications - To become a Rock Legend, a Member must meet a specific set of requirements. This is a bit different than the other status levels which can be achieved by simply earning more Chips.

To qualify for Rock Legend status, the Member must have:
    1. Consistently maintained Rockstar status for at least twelve (12) consecutive months (the “Year”)
    2.Earned at least 2,000 Chips per month – every month for the Year
    3. Answered the Quick Poll question within 30 days of its launch—every month for the Year
    4. Opted in for focus groups and surveys (when offered)
    5. Replied to or started a thread on the Program Message Boards in the past 90 days
    6. Maintained current employment verification throughout the Year

Enrollments for new Rock Legends will be held in February and August for those who have met the requirements as determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor.

Additional Privileges and Perks in addition to those available at the Rockstar status:

— Special Rock Legend acknowledgement

— Opportunity to sign up for an appearance in a Program video

— Special Drawings, exclusive Online Store Products available only for Rock Legends

Keeping Rock Legend Status: To stay at the Rock Legend status you must do the following:
    1. Earn at least 2,000 Chips per month for the Year
    2. Answer each Quick Poll question within 30 days of its launch for the Year
    3. Reply to or start a thread on the Message Boards every month for the Year
    4. Complete the Online Survey(s) (when offered)
    5. Volunteer for focus groups (when offered)
    6. Participate in 1 webinar, webcast, on demand, or live event (when offered)
    7. Don’t let your Employment Verification expire.

6. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    I'd rather pay full price than sit through that. :shadedshu Think, how much is your time worth? A bit more than a couple of hundred bucks, that's for sure.

7. silkstone

silkstone

Thanks Received:
    I read on [H] that to get producer, it only takes a couple of hours :confused:

From Urlyin's link:
    "It took me maybe 2-3 hours to rack up the 10k chips needed to hit producer which is the lowest level you need to be able to purchase. The cost difference between producer and rockstar is 10$ but the chip difference is 30k chips (producer requires 10k rockstar requires 40k+)"

A $230 discount for 2-3 hours of quizzes doesn't sound that bad.

I'd do that if I had a login. nudge nudge ;) ;)

8. v12dock

v12dock

Thanks Received:
    My company has bought a over 100+ million dollars worth of Intel based products, where is my discount

9. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, there's no right or wrong here, silkstone. :)

Whether it's worth it or not depends on the details and what one is willing to do for it.

10. silkstone

silkstone

Thanks Received:
    Agree'd. :toast:

I wish I did earn $100 an hour tho :(

I'd sit through it to postpone doing work that really needs doing. I think that's also why I am still posting here.

11. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    got an account by a friend, took about an hour and a half to get to producer, but how long does verification take on average.

12. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    got it

[​IMG]

13. Aquinus

Aquinus Resident Wat-man

Thanks Received:
    Makes me wish I could upgrade to a 3930k for less than 200 dollars. :(

14. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    it says it takes a month to get to rockstar but I just hit like 40k chips and they made the account rockstar . . . . . . I haven't even been a member for a week.

Last edited: May 23, 2013
  15. skylarmb New Member

Thanks Received:
    Since im not a part of this program i dont know how it works. Do you just get one reward or are you able to keep buying them at low prices? If someone has a retail edge account I would be willing to do all the training stuff and pay them a little extra to be able to get a 3930k

16. silkstone

silkstone

Thanks Received:
    Just the one. I think most people here who have an account would use it themselves.

17. ChristTheGreat

ChristTheGreat

Thanks Received:
    You can only buy one? or more? xD

Crunching for Team TPU
  18. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    it says you already bought the summer deal and then you cannot buy either once you buy

and the 3770k's are sold out already now.

19. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    so I got my 3770k a few weeks ago but I also got the seidon 120m and they send me one with a bent radiator, it works fine but its hard to get fans and stuff on(but I can get them on)

should I rma, considering I got this for free

20. Xenturion

Thanks Received:
    I was a part of this program at one point. It's actually extremely nice. In the summer of 2009, I managed to get a full copy of Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows 7 Ultimate, a Core i7-920, and an DX58SO motheboard for $354. Definitely was a steal. They called it the "Big Deal" and it came around once a year. I had several co-workers who purchased the deal and then turned around and resold them for twice the cost. You could only buy one of the Big Deal.

You had to register with them. In order to verify employment, I remember I had to fax them one of my paystubs. Getting to Rockstar wasn't too hard, but it took some time. All you had to do to earn the "Chips" is read material and take quizzes. The quizzes could be taken as many times as you'd like, so most of the time I'd just click my way through them. At the time they were pushing technologies like WiDi which is what a lot of their quizzes were about, or their 'new-at-the-time' star ratings that were on each of their processors. You could also spend your chips on little trinkets and things. I got an Intel Multitool (that's a massive piece of junk, has distance conversions etched on it, but doesn't provide measuring marks), an LED Flashlight, and a retractable Ethernet Cable. If you're a part of those companies, it's definitely worth checking out.