1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

i7 D0 temp question

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by bpgt64, Jul 22, 2009.

1. bpgt64

bpgt64

Thanks Received:
    I am using a Scythe Mungen 2, and an i7 920 D0. I am currently overclocked at 160x21, so 3.36ghz. I am getting 40C/53C temperatures idle and load. I have to keep my voltage low, like 1.07 currently(1.1 in bios) to keep my temps reasonable. All power saving features are turned off in my UD4P as well.

I am debating re-seating the HS and Fan...but I am not 100% sure. Any thoughts?

2. DarkEgo

DarkEgo

Thanks Received:
    Those temps are pretty good as far as I can see.

3. bpgt64

bpgt64

Thanks Received:
    Well, let me elaborate also. The first board I got was bogus, and so the Chip and Heatsink kinda sat there somewhat exposed? I am not sure if that had anything to do with it. Most of the tutorials tell me less Thermal paste the better, do you think I used too much? I am going to have to re-seat it now, I just took it apart. But I am wondering if I should use new thermal paste, and less this time?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Binge

Binge Overclocking Surrealism

Thanks Received:
    It's not like spreading it out better than that will make 1C of difference.

5. bpgt64

bpgt64

Thanks Received:
    Well the spreading wasn't really my concern, my concern was using too much, the repetitive them in every tutorial says less is more.

Went at it first with a q-tip, then coffee filter. Then dabbed on some isopropyl alcohol with a q-tip. Then rubbed down again with a coffee filter to remove everything.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  6. Creatre

Creatre

Thanks Received:
    That amount looks fine. Really unless you screw up big time it won't make that big of a difference. For your temps, those look perfectly fine. Remember that the i7s run epic hot to begin with, and I'm pretty sure my fathers i7 at stock clock/volts with a noctua cooler was higher temps than what you have.