• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

iBUYPOWER Unveils the Battalion M1771 Ultra-Thin Laptop

Is it possible to gain something when one removes something? iBUYPOWER is proud to announce our ultra thin gaming laptop, the 17-inch Battalion Ultra-thin - where all excesses were trimmed, leaving only absolute performance.

Created from the ever increasing need to be mobile and be nimble, the new Battalion Ultra-thin sports everything a relentless gamer could want: a theatrical 17.3-inch Full HD 1920x1080 screen, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 700-series graphics, the latest Intel Core-i7 processors, and excellent battery life. And while all that's on the inside of the new Battalion hails to performance junkies, it's what's on the outside that shows "less is more" is a great thing. Built around strong yet striking dark aluminum, the new Battalion is the thinnest 17-inch gaming laptop.

"It used to be that the biggest notebooks carried the biggest power, but that's not the case anymore," remarked Darren Su, Vice President of iBUYPOWER. "Our new Battalion demonstrates that you don't have to sacrifice on mobility if you desire incredible gaming power. For those who want the best of both worlds, this is it."

The new Battalion Ultra-thin laptops are available immediately from iBUYPOWER, and are available in two configurations starting from $1429.

To celebrate, iBUYPOWER is also launching Laptop Gaming Week, a full week-long sales event to celebrate just how powerful laptops have become. All laptops sold during Laptop Gaming Week come with free shipping, and may also have a number of other available promotions.

The new IBUYPOWER Ultra-thin laptops can be purchased here: http://www.ibuypower.com/Info/Battalion-Ultrathin.aspx

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor Intel Core i5 3570k
Motherboard MSI Z77 MPower
Cooling Thermalright Archon
Memory Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x4GB 1600MHz (8-8-8-24)
Video Card(s) MSI Geforce GTX 1060 6GB Gaming X
Storage Plextor M5 Pro 512GB; WD Caviar Green 2TB
Display(s) 2x HP ZR24w
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Special Edition Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-650
Mouse Logitech G403 HERO
Keyboard SteelSeries 7G
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit EN
I don't mean to bash, but doesn't the fact that it is a 17.3" model diminish the advantage of having an ultrathin laptop?
Offcourse thinner is always better (without taking the cooling 'challenge' into account), but it seems rather trivial for such a big laptop.
Also the thickness is 0.85" fyi, it is not mentioned in the article.

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-13700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 32GB(2x16) DDR5@6600MHz G-Skill Trident Z5
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holo
Storage 2TB SK Platinum P41 SSD + 4TB SanDisk Ultra SSD + 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 3440x1440@100Hz G-Sync
Case NZXT PHANTOM410-BK
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Logitech Hero G502 SE
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64bit
Benchmark Scores 30FPS in NFS:Rivals
For a gtx 765M I wont pay 1450$ + taxes not in a million year.

System Name MainRig
Processor i5 3570K @3.8
Motherboard Asrock Z77E-ITX
Cooling Coolermaster
Memory 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 780 Ghz Edition 3GB
Storage Crucial 240GB mSATA | Crucial 480 GB | Seagate 1TB SSHD
Display(s) 3x LG 22" @ Custom Mount
Case Lian Li Q08b
Power Supply Antec HCG 620w
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard TT Meka
Software Debian Jessie | Win 7 Ultimate
No RJ45 on a 17 incher? that's a don't-buy for me.