• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Ideas for IT website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hafxx3

Hello guys!

Hello! I want to build website in connection with IT,but I dont know what kind of website maybe for gaming,IT news or I dont know.Thats why Iam here to ask you waht would be this site,because I want to make this site with future and popular.I know that I need to think of idea on my own,but Im aou of ideas now.Before I made several websites that havent got any people.My last idea was gaming news website and kibersoprt website,but that websites already was so as I said thats why Im here to ask you original idea of website.Maybe some of you may be mad because I need to know but still I want to ask.

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
What are your web programming skills like? If they are non-existant, probably better off making a facebook page or something.

Hafxx3

What are your web programming skills like? If they are non-existant, probably better off making a facebook page or something.
I have one programmer,he is working for me :)

jgood

Maybe set up a blog for free and try out one of your ideas. If you use Wordpress you don't need any expertise at all to get a site up and running and it won't cost you anything at first. Whatever topic you choose, I think the key to getting traffic and interest is providing great content -- and lots of it. Once you've figured out what interests you, then go look for Wordpress hosting, I used these guys before because they're really cheap, and try to go professional with it. That's how I started my website. But there's no secret formula. I think it's just about being commmited to providing content on a daily basis.

System Name RemixedBeast-NX
Processor Intel Xeon E5-2690 @ 2.9Ghz (8C/16T)
Motherboard Dell Inc. 08HPGT (CPU 1)
Cooling Dell Standard
Memory 24GB ECC
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Nvidia RTX2060 6GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD//2TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster P2350 23in @ 1920x1080 + Dell E2013H 20 in @1600x900
Case Dell Precision T3600 Chassis
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 // Fiio E7 Amp/DAC
Power Supply 630w Dell T3600 PSU
Mouse Logitech G700s/G502
Keyboard Logitech K740
Software Linux Mint 20
Benchmark Scores Network: APs: Cisco Meraki MR32, Ubiquiti Unifi AP-AC-LR and Lite Router/Sw:Meraki MX64 MS220-8P
If anyone wants hosting PM ME PLEASE!!!! I got a dedicated SSD server!!!

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1
Google Compute Cloud has a trial that lets you spin up a few VMs for free for a little while. I did the math on a 1c (we're talking Xeons and servers that aren't over provisioned) cloud server with a generous amount of storage on Google's persistent disk SAN and it would only be ~14-15 USD after the trial ends. Personally, given how Google is giving out free trials, I would just give it a try and figure out for yourself if it's worth it. I would make sure you know what you want to do first and build it up because you'll just waste the trial if you make it and design your thing while it ticks away. If you have a good idea that will work, then develop it first and talk hosting later. If you have something, ads can get you the revenue to stay in operation, given you have a sustainable business model. ...and yes, running a website (like TPU if in the long run, a site with such status as, is your dream,) is a business, not bulls**t. I just needed to get that out. :)

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Maybe do something you're passionate about instead of throwing together something with information you don't seem to know anything about. In the end, the content will be much better since you know and care about what you're doing. You're not going to get "people" from going around tech forums. That's why we're here already. Just some advice, take it for what you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.