1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

IDF soldiers admit murder

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by ghost101, Mar 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghost101

ghost101 New Member

Thanks Received:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7952603.stm

Ridiculous. IDF is funded by the US to the tune of $3bn a year. Hamas and IDF are as bad as each other. Instead of mediating, the US funds one side.

First person to come up with a figure of how many Israeli civilians died in teh conflict wins a cookie.

2. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Let the flame war ensue.

3. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I bet this gets locked before the third page.

4. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The amount of Isreli's that died within the 22 day conflict is irrelevant. How many died before the conflict? I am glad my tax dollars go towards Isreal defending itself.

5. ghost101

ghost101 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Go ahead and answer that. What caused the conflict in the first place.

Seems to be murder for murder. The IDF needs to have proper accountability procedures before getting any US funding. Thats what I would demand anyway. After all, thats what is supposed separate an army and a terrorist force. Rules.

edit: i'll answer it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:I...tinians_killed_by_Israelis_in_Gaza_-_2008.png

[​IMG]

By the end it was around a 950 palestinian civilians, 400 militants (hamas and other people that took up arms), 3 Israeli civilians (conflict period) and 10 IDF soldiers.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
    TRIPTEX_CAN and CyberDruid say thanks.
  6. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    F*@K with the bull. Get the horn. I'm sorry but if the Palestinians don't want to die anymore then tell Hellboza to stop firing rockets.

7. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    What this man says^

8. ghost101

ghost101 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Right... because Palestinians can to anything about Hezbollah who exist in Lebanon. If you are talking about Hamas, notice the lull in the above graph. Do you know why hamas started firing rockets? A little research will go a long way.

Also the above people that got murdered. They are guilty of Hamas's crimes and therefore should die?

For some people it seems ignorance is bliss.

CyberDruid says thanks.
  9. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    I'm not sure i understand here, are you complaining about the "collateral damage"? (seriously whoever coined that should be shot)

If so then you have Afghanistan and Iraq to compete there.

10. ghost101

ghost101 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Its not collateral damage here though. Its as one soldier put it "cold blooded murder". Also note that US and British troops, well British at least, have procedures to investigate things like this. In fact US soldiers frequently get court marshalled and sentenced to jail. Not many but over the years it has happened. Although some argue, others are let off lightly.

11. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    Just like one soldier shooting another soldier is "cold blooded murder", just they dress it up a bit.

I don't really understand your point at all... sorry, maybe i am not seeing the obvious :confused:

12. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Hellboza is a main supporter Hamas. Second to only the Palestinian people. How many people really "deserve" to die? People who support their own demise. Yes ignorance is bliss for some people.

13. ghost101

ghost101 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Killing a woman crossing the road for no reason = cold blooded murder. The same way the alabama shooting was murder.

14. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Firing rockets into a schoolyard = cold blooded murder.

15. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    A soldier shooting a person that may or may not have a bomb on his or her person = cold blooded murder.

16. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Also ghost101 before you start calling me anti-muslim know my wife is Lebanese.

17. ghost101

ghost101 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hezbollah may sympathise, but they certainly weren't firing the rockets which triggered the escalation. It was Hamas. Also how are palestinian people supposed to stop a foreign "terrorist" group/regime? Secondly you didnt say, that they were sypathisers, you said they should stop firing rockets.

Changing the argument to save face?

18. ghost101

ghost101 New Member

Thanks Received:
    :shadedshu

Should've just blanket bombed palestine then? After all they all could have bombs? Kill everyone else on sight?

19. ghost101

ghost101 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes. Whats your point? Note that 3 israeli civilians died. So a rocket didnt fall into a school.

Funny you say that. because Israel did fire rockets into UN shelters. So murder?

20. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    As could the Israelis...

Neither party is good here, neither one is better than the other. They both have killed in "cold blooded murder".

21. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Well, I know one thing we can all agree on, murder is murder. I don't hold the life of an Isreli any more important than that of the Palestinian. None of them deserve this. Hamas wants a war. It's very unfortunate that militarily, Hamas are cowards that need to hide within civilian schools and mosques. But why do they need to do this? Well, because from a military standpoint they are weak, and their war agenda to them is much more important than the people they may or may not represent. With a weak military, they are trying to win things another way. By putting the Palestinian people on the front lines a pawns to gain international sympathy, which just so happens to be what the OP is really all about.

CyberDruid says thanks.
  22. ghost101

ghost101 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yet the US gives them $3bn each year to build up their military.

23. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    AHHHHH, so your asking why does the USA fund Israel? If so i have no idea, i don't think they do either.

24. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    :laugh: Oh yeah I'm really worried about my "face" on the interwebz. Well think of Hezbollah like the U.S. Like the U.S. Isreal has no funding. Its the same as Hezbollah giving to Hamas. You blame us for Isreal and I blame Hezbollah for Hamas.

If you're so passionate about Hamas why dont you go to Palestine and help them out. I'm sure they wouldnt cut your head off........right away :laugh:

To avoid another 6 day war. Link

25. ghost101

ghost101 New Member

Thanks Received:
    ^^^^^^

Lebanon has no border to the gaza strip. Only Egypt does and Egypt doesn't like the palestinians and therefore no chance of any collusion. I have no idea where you are coming to the conclusion the US = Hezbollah. I didn't realise Hezbollah gave Hamas even $10m a year. Also the US want to equate themselves to a terrorist organisation?