1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

IE quick launch icon back from the dead?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by 1Kurgan1, Dec 8, 2008.

1. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Having this problem on 2 systems, I delete this from Quicklaunch but when I reboot... there it is again. How do I solve this?
  2. kyle2020 Guest

make your quick launch area too small for it to re-appear ;)

right click / lock the taskbar (click to unlock) drag your little dots shorter and voila! :)
  3. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    That dont work, it just adds in and appears as a pop up mean if I click the arrow next to the menu, it's am inor fix, but then I need to keep adjusting the button off there if I add icons later.
  4. thraxed Guest

i guess i would just right click on it go to the general properties and click hidden, if your unable to delete it. Note you have to close and reopen the quick launch bar to take effect. Though its probably being cloned from a different user quick launch bar, probably need to delete it from there.

Usually: c:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

Only reason i use quick launch is for the show desktop, but it also just as easy to pin the show desktop file in that folder above to the start menu, eliminating the need for quick launch bar. anyway.
  5. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Show Desktop file? I've never used that, but thats not really what I use quick launch for. I use Quick Launch to unclutter my desktop. I run 1680x1050 and I use 1280x1024 desktops, Giving me a Black line on the right (where gadgets go) and a black line on the left where my Icon's go. Gives it a nice clean look and leaves my image unscathed of Icons.

Also I'm running Vista Ultimate x64 and there doesn't appear to be a c:\Documents and Settings
  6. crazy pyro

crazy pyro New Member

Thanks Received:
    C:/Users/Yourusername/Documents is the path for documents, not so sure about the settings though.