1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

If you had my setup, what would you change/upgrade?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by DublinDude, Mar 18, 2013.

1. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    id go for a better mouse. i have the g400. its epic!

2. Aquinus

Aquinus Resident Wat-man

Thanks Received:
    I never said that it was. I simply said that I own a G500 (I'm on my second actually,) and I had a G5 before that. I've had no problem with them and they've all worked very well. So the G500 might not track perfectly, but I bet you it tracks consistently. Any good gamer improves how they play as they use particular hardware more. If you give me one of your "God Tier" mice, I might hate it because of how it feels or how it tracks. So despite the sensor being "better" which I still think is open to very wide interpretation, I as a user have to adjust to the new kind of mouse. So in the end, you get used to it and the point I'm making is that the G500 is unusable, you get used to it, and it's a fairly good mouse.

My problem is that you saying mice are crap because they have a particular sensor that detects a particular way, not because you've used it, experienced it, and got used to using it regularly.

He is claiming that is crap because the sensor uses positive acceleration. Not because he has used it, experienced it, or got used to using it regularly.

Just because you can't use a mouse with a particular sensor doesn't meant that the mouse sucks and that others don't have a problem with it. Right now Ikaruga is the only person saying the G500 is crap so maybe HE has trouble with positive acceleration, because I know that I don't and it doesn't mean everyone does.

Maybe some people who have actually own the mouse should chime in. Oh wait, they have. :wtf:

Edit: ...but I digress. Lets drop the mouse bit and continue with the rest of the rig. We're not going to see eye to eye on this. I still think the picture should be removed though in all honesty.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
    Solaris17 says thanks.
  3. BarbaricSoul

BarbaricSoul

Thanks Received:
    Oh, to reply to the OP-

Personally, I'd replace that motherboard. I had one(Z68AP-D3), killed it in 2 months running my 2600k at 4.5ghz/1.30 volts. Like Aquinus said, 4+1 phase VRMs aren't good for OC'ing.

Aquinus says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. Chummmleee

Chummmleee

Thanks Received:
    I would really like to know where you obtained your information? haha, those mice look like they're from the 1980's i don't think that picture is historically correct & Just wondering if you have a water cooler or heat sink ?

5. Ikaruga

Ikaruga

Thanks Received:
    It's far from being my personal preference or decision, but more like the conclusion of a decade long debate and discussion of the pro gaming communites.
    I'm buying gaming mice since they exists (last century), but the "fact-based" dive into the subject only started getting serious for me when Sujoy released his mouse score in 2007. Since that day, I'm reading all(!) threads and post on esreality and overclock.net (and on all the other related forums) about mice. I really like the subject just like how I read all the other hardware sites about GPUs or CPUs etc, or perhaps even more since I'm still an avid gamer and I love quality PC products.

If the mice has tracking issues, unwanted accel/deceleration at different movement speeds, if it jitters on certain surfaces or pads (etc, etc) those are all attributes which you might want to avoid when looking for a mouse. I agree that those tiers on the picture are stupid (if not retarted), but it's still a good starting point for somebody who knows little about the subject. If you are also interested about my personal opinion, I do like angle snapping for example, and I find it funny that the guy put perfectly fine mice into shit tier just because of that, but I do accept that my opinion is the minority here, and I do accept that it's something which can be seen as a con or a flaw. We are all kinda purist here when it comes to computer hardware, that's what enthusiasm is about to pursue the best and the perfection in every detail.

Again, I did not state my personal preference, but the sum of the users of many gaming persons/communities. The G400 sensor is simply flawless at 400 and 800 dpi, (little jitter above on some rare surfaces, but 800 is more than enough for everything), so it's finally a perfectly tracking gamer mouse.
    BUT, it has a cheaper lower quality submini HIMAKE wheel because it's more quiet. The build quality is also lower compared to the g500 or the MX518 and to the more expensive mice, the buttons are also little lower quality (even if they are D2FC-10 million click now on paper) and the stock teflon is too thin and wears of quickly on the front, so the bottom line is that if the high weight is not a problem for you (if you lift;D) than it's a perfect mouse tracking wise, but you might need to replace it in every 1-2 years if you use it a lot, so it's deserved to in on the top of the list.

6. ruff0r

ruff0r

Thanks Received:
    *give the wolf an old Core2duo chip to eat* Logitech replaced my old G5 with the G500 like 20% off Love their support

7. Ikaruga

Ikaruga

Thanks Received:
    I tested the g500 for 2 weeks, it's just one of the many I'm glad I forgot quiclky.

8. RCoon

RCoon Gaming Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Correct, the g400 has a better quality sensor than most other mice, however the build quality compared to other mice with zero sensor issues is lacking, and also the build quality is a little meh compared to others. People should just start off with the list of mice that dont have sensor acceleration issues, (snapping is personal preference IMO) and go from that list. I can happily use 1600 = 3200 dpi, hence my choice of mice. Hand comfort also plays a large part.
    Some people might just find your opinion of rolling with a g400 a little too outdated for other mice which offer the same sensor quality, but with more to offer.
    I see where you're coming from though, just a poor choice of pictures :D

Ikaruga says thanks.
  9. BarbaricSoul

BarbaricSoul

Thanks Received:
    Dude, drop it about the mice already, we have. Let's get this thread back on track.

If you got something to add for the OP, do it. If your just going to continue to argue with everyone else that just wants to move on, I'm going to start reporting your posts for not being on topic.

Good friend made that for me back when I built my first "enthusiast" grade computer. It had a wolfdale E8400, hence the wolf eating a C2D

Crunching for Team TPU
  10. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    but again you keep mentioning pro gaming communities and what they think about mice but still havent answered why any of us should care? each gamer prefers a different feel and they own different mice with different sensors. Tiers out of the equation all together (I wasnt referencing those at all anyway) Isnt the pro gaming circuit EXACTLY like enthusiest/normal user circles? People have diffirent feels and like certain styles. I guess I just dint understand. I want to try and be clear. Please explain to me.

Why should anyone care what a pro gamer thinks?
    Why should anyone care about sensor reviews?
    Who can possibly tell me what the best mouse is for me?
    How can anyone make a mouse suggestion based on anything BUT what types of mice someone has used before?

all these tiers graphs/ reviews mean nothing. My jeep is a boat but a fararri is nicer. However I would probably drive one terribly because its so diffirent. That makes me safer on the road just driving my jeep. Both the farrari and my jeep drive around town the same.

why own the farrari?

The thing is best is a "relative" term. They would like you to think once mouse is superior but it is not. A normal gamer can go against a pro gamer and do just as well changing his mouse will do nothing for him. what separates them is skill not the hardware. Like mentioned above anyone wrth their salt gets something they are comfortable with and adjusts their usage depending on what the hardware will do.

AsRock says thanks.
  11. Ikaruga

Ikaruga

Thanks Received:
    You shouldn't and I drop the subject now, sorry OP:toast:

12. gottistar

gottistar New Member

Thanks Received:
    im assuming picture is a troll? MS 1.1a cant be in the good..wtf

13. Aquinus

Aquinus Resident Wat-man

Thanks Received:
    Okay, enough is enough. Drop the mouse thing and lets stay on topic. I think we all can agree that the picture is crap and that this thread has diverged long enough. Let's just leave it at that.

14. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Love to know were they get the SS Sensei being a crap gaming mouse... 2 of the top recommended i say were crap as they only work for right handed HAHA..

But anyways i am thinking your having a issue finding some thing to upgrade which to me means you don't really need to and just looking for a excuse to do so.

To me the systems fine as is how ever i would splash out on a AV and some nice HiFi speakers to get good sound experience.

Aquinus says thanks.