• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

If you had one day with a 4k panel, 2x Geforce GTX Titans, and 2x R9 290x. What games to bench?

System Name Windows 10 64-bit Core i7 6700
Processor Intel Core i7 6700
Motherboard Asus Z170M-PLUS
Cooling Corsair AIO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Kingston DDR4 2666
Video Card(s) Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB, Seagate Baracuda 1 TB
Display(s) Dell P2414H
Case Corsair Carbide Air 540
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD Audio
Power Supply Corsair TX v2 650W
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Keyboard CM Storm Quickfire Pro, Cherry MX Reds
Software MS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
I don't have Ghosts, not sure how I'd benchmark some of these games, lest having to play the first 10 minutes of a level or something to that effect. I do have fraps for measuring things. Unfortunately, my time with the Titans is drawing to a close. There new owner will be receiving them later this week if all goes as planned.

Once AMD gets a WHQL version of 14.2 with mantle support and MST support, I'll see what I can do about benchmarking BF4 with/without mantle. I managed to fix BF4 Sunday after figuring out that MST just completely fails on the 14.2 drivers. It will work if I plugin to a 1080p monitor via HDMI though, so limited testing....

I know it's impossible to deal with amd drivers and do the benchmarks in a single day :D

... what you could do with synthetic benchmarks is to measure performance hit when enabling/disabling anti-aliasing, tesselation or ambient occlusion at 4K resolution on both configurations.