1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

IGN says Call of Duty is Boring

Discussion in 'Games' started by MxPhenom 216, Feb 1, 2012.

1. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    who cares what IGN thinks
  2. Volkszorn88

Volkszorn88

Thanks Received:
    Anyone with a working brain knows the cod series has gone to hell. Literally the same game every year, just different theatre of war.

Literally copy and paste every year. Nothing knew or creative. Same old same old. But it's okay, some people like stagnant and Zzzzzzzzz.

After playing BF3, IGN is like "COD what?"
  3. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    cod 4 changed multiplayer with the saveable profiles (instead of dying/buying weapons each round) and the ability to shoot through some thin objects. it really was a great improvement over games like CSS, where a single pixel of a cardboard box could stop any weapon in the game.

evolution isntead of revolution, but a welcome one.

progress since then? zilch. just changed weapons and perks.

at the LAN events around here, the most popular FPS game is still CoD2, with CoD4/MW1 being second best.
  4. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    Actually when they changed to modern theme i never liked it. The old ones set in WW2 were great with excellent feel of being just a small cog in a huge war machine. Probably because WW2 was the greatest war of all times...
  5. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    cod 4 was just new enough to be interesting. no thermal scopes, remote control bombs, sentry guns, etc.

me, guns, grenades, chaos. player skill is what mattered, not how many hours you wasted to rank up.
  6. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    God i love Cod. all the old ones on the Ps2 like Big Red one!

I really like CoD W@W though. just for the campaign. speaking of which i might install soon
  7. H82LUZ73

H82LUZ73

Thanks Received:
    I second this To bad they stopped this add on mod`s after one ......
  8. DOM

DOM

Thanks Received:
    Cod bo did get boring for me guess cuz I had noting to unlock and was always easy to get 30+ kills LOL

But I guess that happens with games they get boring after a while ppl grow up and have families which turns to less time gaming :p
  9. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    I got the game, MP was fun, SP kinda sucked in harder modes, nade spam was just beyond horriffic It was as if someone had cargo dropped a full C-130 load of them into the game and the germans were up to their ass in nades and were just lobbing them like rain
    driver66 says thanks.
  10. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    Noticed a bit of a trend with people getting fed up with call of duty even hardcore players. Maybe people are finally sick of the same game they have played for years? No doubt there will be another bandwagon for people to jump on in the future.

Although for IGN to say that really makes you think they fell out with Activision.

United Offensive was my favourite but COD 2 was okay too.
  11. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    Stalingrad of CoD 1...good times :)
    Mussels says thanks.
  12. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    Actually i was talking about single player campaign. I don't care about multiplayer, they are all pretty much the same. Shoot the other guy more times than they manage to shoot you, to gain kills and enlarge your e-penis. Single player however can be generic like all the others, but then again if done right it can be unforgettable. And for me it was. The battles just felt right, like you're really in a war. It was just superb. Only game that ever caught the same feel was the MoH:AA, the D Day mission with assault on the Normandie beach. The intro on the landing assault boats, the actual assault with hundreds of bullets flying everywhere, many casualties and just pure adrenaline while you're waiting for a perfect time to make the run. Older CoD's had the same charm...
    wildbeast99t and driver66 say thanks.
  13. aayman_farzand

Thanks Received:
    Nah you can shoot through boxes in CSS too, and save your weapon inventory. But shooting through objects is very limited though, mostly a few boxes and doors.

In CS 1.6 you can shoot through solid walls lol
  14. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    in all the years ive played CSS my bullets never went through anything.
  15. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    Bullets in CS:S go nicely through wooden doors and wooden walls. For example all the doors and wooden crates in dust2 can be penetrated. And pretty much all wooden walls on the map where it's some wooden building in the middle of the woods (darn i can't remember the name right now).
  16. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    All of CoD:UO was good times for me. That and MoH:AA are classics.
  17. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    I am not talking about CSS in my original post, Im talking about the good OLE tried and true Counter strike! This game allowed key bindings for buying weapons and would go through walls (Even thick ones). This game exploded on the Online FPS scene in 1999 as just a mod but grew to more than 1 BILLION players. The game itself is simple but competitive it was complex.

BETA MOD: June 12, 1999
    Version 1.0: November 1, 2000
    Version 1.1: March 13, 2001
    Version 1.3: September 12, 2001
    Version 1.4: April 24, 2002
    Version 1.5: June 12, 2002
    Version 1.6: September 15, 2003
    Crunching for Team TPU
  18. aayman_farzand

Thanks Received:
    You probably didn't hit anything or didn't do enough damage to kill the other player. But rest assured it can be done.

You can check out some wallbangs in Youtube, competitive players even spam through specific spots to kill/draw out the opponent.
  19. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    CSS got limited to wooden doors and some boxes were as CS 1.0-1.6 it would go through ANYTHING LOL. People with aimbots could AWP someone from spawn to spawn on some maps.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  20. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    how can 1 billion people play Counter-Strike when only 25 million copies have been sold or 30 million Steam accounts.
  21. HookeyStreet

HookeyStreet Eat, sleep, game!

Thanks Received:
    I liked the characters in the COD campaigns. Modern Warfare had Soap, Price, Roach, Ghost etc. You always knew that one of the main guys would get killed off, but you still had Soap and Price to fall back on. The deaths of main playable characters were critical to the storyline.

For example :

Soap was killed in MW3 to REALLY piss off Price...which lead to him tracking down Makarov after the world was saved, for his own personal gain.

Maybe I'm just a COD buff. I enjoy them because they are like playing an over the top action movie. I can't wait for Iron Wolf (if that is the real name).
    jmcslob says thanks.
  22. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    The statistic was pulled from places such as WON, Valve, and over seas partners. It doesnt just mean the steam accounts themselves. The game was sold hard copy along with other renditions of the game such as Neo, Condition Zero, CS: Online (asia's market) and more (To include pirating)
    Crunching for Team TPU
  23. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    it took Valve 11 years to sell 25 million units. Call of Duty: Black Ops did it in 8 months and that's only one game in the franchise. like 6 million people play Call of Duty everyday vs. 50,000 or so Counter-Strike.

Counter-Strike isn't in the same league. hell more people play Uncharted multiplayer than Counter-Strike some days
  24. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    Yea that's true, from what I am saying is COD was NOT the innovator in FPS gaming, that other games such as CS and Qauke paved the way for COD. My comment was not on who sold what.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  25. douglatins

douglatins

Thanks Received:
    I just played the SP, damn it the fucking doorknobs were TEXTURES, and shitty at best

Also CS 1.6 didnt have drm, so pirates could play it for free. Also, only in PCs, COD is 80% 360.