1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Ignorant people rant.

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by JC316, Aug 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hat

hat Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    How about my dad? One time he was playing BF2 on a stat padder server (he goes there all day every day, even though a lot of times they don't even get any points at the end of the round, and people have been hacking the sever & peoples accounts on that server, and there's also some bullshit where everybody in that server will crash to desktop at the same time... yet he still goes there all day every day :wtf:)... well his machine has a Core 2 Duo 2.33GHz, 2x512MB DDR2 800 RAM, probably with horrible timings like 6-6-6-18 or worse (I am using RAM pulled from a dell and those were the timings), and a MSI 8500GT 256MB.

Well his game started lagging on him. He wanted me to shut my computer off because he thought I was using too much bandwidth. We get over 600KB/s down and 60KB/s up. I was using less than 100KB/s down and 10KB/s up. Leaving him with over 500KB/s down and 50KB/s up. Every time he has a computer problem it's my fault man, it's not like his piss poor RAM is making him lag. He would probably tell me oh no I have a Core 2 Duo so 1GB is fine. I don't care if you're running quad E8600s at 5GHz, BF2 still eats ~900MB on it's own, and the OS eats ~200MB on it's own, that's over 1GB there buddy, now you're forced to use the pagefile, you're going to lag. That or it could have been server side too, if you get too many HPBs in the server it will lag for everyone. Another one is when I run Folding at Home, he claims to get white diamonds around the character models in Alien Arena. WTF? How can my running F@H cause some stupid shit like that?

Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  2. [I.R.A]_FBi

[I.R.A]_FBi

Thanks Received:
    I have an uncle who is a "computer expert technician"

He has no idea what is going on.

He buys a burner and it comes with nti cd maker, therefore by reasoning that it was bundled, that must be used with the burner, nevermind that nti makes more coasters than a souvenir shop.

He has no idea about anything. computers are like lego, fit them together and hope it works.

3. blkhogan

blkhogan New Member

Thanks Received:
    Can somesone read this thread to me? My edumication is not good. Me no reed good. Sometimes I draw picters to tell peeple things. Me not very brite with the skool stuff yous all talkin about.

4. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    so . . . you learned how to write but not read, huh? :wtf:

see - that's exactly what's wrong with our education system - we go about everything half-assed :p

j/k :toast:

5. russianboy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Candle, it's obvious this thread is because of you. I'm not one to be a douche bag (well, not in real life at least) but you deserve this. You represent everything I dislike about people and humanity in general. Ugh.

This thread proves I'm not the only one, sorry.

iluvtrees2 says thanks.
  6. hat

hat Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    no, this thread is about a pissed off mechanic who is trying to sell a car, but gets told he doesn't know shit by sume douchebag who doesn't know shit. not about candle.

Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  7. CyberDruid

CyberDruid New Member

Thanks Received:
    SO calling me ignorant and slamming me with your pseudo-christian BS because my spiritual beliefs and your spiritual beliefs do not mesh is not an insult. :shadedshu That's news to me.

Cool. :toast: Turn about is fair play.

You're not just ignorant.:rockout: And it's not your lack of typing skill either: it's your malformed impression of the world and your mean spirit I find infuriating. Not bashing. Just stating a fact. You regularily regurgitate a medley of Bullshit, Fox News, Right Wing Agenda and whatever latest conspiracy theory suits your racist, intolerant POV.

It's not often I find someone so repugnant to my sense of humanity, morals and ethical ideals that I want to leave an entire Fourm...but you have accomplished that.

You are a like a cancer eating away at the good will of this Forum. Reading your posts is like pouring battery acid into my eyeballs. The day you get yourself banned I will throw a party.

End rant.

iluvtrees2 says thanks.
  8. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    Come on, knock this shit off. I don't want to see anyone get banned from a stupid thread that I made after getting 4 hours sleep.

9. candle_86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    ill be back when things cool off. The Vantage thread can be update by which ever mod wants it, candle out

10. DaMulta

DaMulta My stars went supernova

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

lol at this thread

11. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Wow this is some rediculous stuff!

JC I may not be involved in this, but I do apologize for the childish crap that has happened thus far...I'd vote to close this thread, and post it as a link for "What's wrong with TPU"...this is a perfect example of immature BS that doesn't need to be here imo.

I dont' know what happened, but candle did the best job in my eyes of at least walking away, props for that and not taking it to the next level or all the way to the next level!:D

No point, let em' attack ya..it's just text in the end, if that's how some people need their fix, let em' have it. Hell you guys can pick on me too...I don't care, I'm here to learn and help, and enjoy TPU. Maybe I'm a bad guy too! :D

In real life, I have a lot of irritations with some people here and there, co-workers, I've worked really hard on my anger and not getting into "physical conflicts" as much for various reasons...mostly because I don't need to F-up my record or end up in jail, and there's no real good reason to fight over pointless things that only seem important at that moment. Know what I mean? Sometimes just like what should be done by some others on this forum, walking away and blowing off your steam is the best way to go...other wise the situation can go from stupid to really bad very quickly.

JC again I apologize that your thread went to crap, you were trying to vent...and it got turned around on ya.

:toast:

Solaris17 and JC316 say thanks.
  12. Polaris573

Polaris573 Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    If I have to close a General Nonsense thread every day then this whole section will go they way of the crazy picture thread. General nonsense is a privilege not a right. Despite popular opinion you cannot say whatever you wish here. If you pick fights with other members there will be repercussions. I do not care whether you think the other person deserves to be insulted or not. This not the place for it.

JC316 you did nothing wrong the above message is not meant for you.

Kursah, panchoman and JC316 say thanks.