1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Illegal downloaders 'face UK ban'

Discussion in 'Networking & Security' started by choppy, Feb 12, 2008.

1. choppy

choppy

Thanks Received:
  2. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
    Easy to bypass. Most private torrent sites require you to enable encryption, so that isp cannot see what is being transfered. Utorrent and azureus lastest version has this feature. The torrent community is gonna be one step ahead to these RIAA peeps.

3. kylew

kylew New Member

Thanks Received:
    Doubt they really can watch what you download, especially from places like rapidshare and so on. I think this is more scare tactics to try to scare people out of downloading. Look at all the money they're investing on these campaigns! They could just charge less money for what they sell, less people would "illegally download" and they wouldn't have to spend money on stupid campaigns.

4. jocksteeluk

jocksteeluk New Member

Thanks Received:
    The 13th room on the 13th floor of the 13th buildi
    No doubt this will contravene our human rights and the isp's that comply will be sued!

5. CrackerJack

CrackerJack

Thanks Received:
    it's so stupid!!!! i've had two emails warnings. ha ha comcast could care less. They wouldn't ban in less they where sued. just because they would lose money kicking you off. idk know about you UK but in the states the best bet is to use a private torrent. and yes they can see what your downloading. your downloading alot of files, movies or songs that gonna get you alot of attention pointing at you. Back about 4 months ago the states got even more striker on this. shuting down most of the public torrent websites. there's still a few, but like torrentspy.com, if you live in the U.S. it will tell you this:

Torrentspy Acts to Protect Privacy
    Sorry, but because you are located in the USA you cannot use the search features of the Torrentspy.com website.Torrentspy's decision to stop accepting US visitors was NOT compelled by any Court but rather an uncertain legal climate in the US regarding user privacy and an apparent tension between US and European Union privacy laws

BASTARDS!!!!! :)

6. kylew

kylew New Member

Thanks Received:
    Say you're downloading password protected files whose name is different to what you're downloading, say you're download the matrix 1080p or something, but it's a split archived RAR called "my wedding video" or something, chances are they won't really "latch onto that" right? I'm just wondering, because regardless of if you're downloading copyrighted stuff or downloading legal stuff, there should be some level of privacy. Sometimes I wonder why the level of downloading isn't higher than it currently is considering how much they charge for movies and music (PC games not so much because you get more enjoyment out of a game which is generally worth the price), console games are ridiculously priced too, I couldn't justify £50 on a video game when I can get the PC version for £20-25 (i bought bioshock for £25 on its release day, the xbox version was £45 in some stores). Until they stop being so greedy, people are going to download even if it's to prove a point.

7. kylew

kylew New Member

Thanks Received:
    Cracker Jack, are you on a 230MB internet connection :eek:?!?! Or have you fudged the speedtest.net result? :rockout:

8. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
    that is a fubar results. Comcast has this stupid powerboost which f-ups benches. It suppose to be the 15-30 seconds of ultra highspeed internet, but all it does is make speed benches look impressive.

9. CrackerJack

CrackerJack

Thanks Received:

EXACTLY!!!