1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

I'm impressed with Vizio

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by DaMulta, Dec 25, 2010.

1. DaMulta

DaMulta My stars went supernova

Thanks Received:
    My dad bought a new LCD (No LED Saved 400USD), and I didn't know what to expect. At walmart it looked a little dull, and the picture wasn't as clear.

Yet, the 55in TV Shines! I think the floor ones at walmart are on the power save. WOW what a difference. Also we were a little afaird of the no 24hz hdmi input cause of some of the threads around here. Nope, no problem PS3 went on it with no issues.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A3875931

Dell has them for a little under 900 dollars right now too....

I'm still debating on getting the DLP 72 in though:roll:

2. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    Ps3 will play on anything :p and walmart is running thru component video and a huge splitter that's why they look dull. I have some family with vizios they are pretty nice. For no names I do like insignia they are samsung panels or at least they were when I last worked there.

3. DaMulta

Thanks Received:
    No silly, there is a hdmi 24hz output switch in the settings on the PS3. That will not work on all 1080p tv/monitors.

4. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    Works on my ancient projector :p

5. DaMulta

Thanks Received:
    Really? won't do it on my envison, or my dads other sony tv.

6. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    No idea maybe it has something to do with it going thru my harmon/kardon reciever first it may do something with the signal.

7. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Vizio makes nice stuff for the price. I got a Vizio SV472XVT and have absolutely no complaints at all. Picture is great. One thing I can't stand with a lot of TV's are the menu's. This menu on this TV is very nice, simple, intuitive, etc. and the sound is even decent from the built in speakers.

BumbleBee says thanks.
  8. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    Make sure they support HDCP. The only TVs I've had problems with the PS3's HDMI have been ones that didn't support HDCP. The PS3 will not output over HDMI unless the TV/Monitor supports HDCP. Which kind of sucks, buecause AFAIK the HDMI/HDCP standard says that it is still supposed to work but it is supposed to be limitted to 720p/1080i.

Slightly more on topic, I've been very impressed with my Vizio TV as well. It did go out on my after about 6 months though, but Vizio support was excellent. They overnighted basically every internal component to the repair shop, and 3 days after it went out I had a repairman in my home replacing every part of the TV minus the actual LCD panel.:rockout:

Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  9. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    Oh my lord.. Rockz and I have the same TV.. lol.. The menu is quite nice on it. I was really impressed when I watched my first movie on it.. How Crisp the picture was. TV has never looked this good.. LCD for LIFE yo!

10. DaMulta

Thanks Received:
    I would bet this TV also has the same easy menu. I really liked that part also. It was easy to change just about any setting you would want to change.

11. DaMulta

Thanks Received:
    Yes, both of them have the hdcp stickers on them. That was a main buying point to both of them. Cause at the time hdcp chips were not in all sets. Mine the E is a 1080p and the sony was a 55'' 720p screen.

hd with hdmi works fine, but when you switch over to the 24hz it goes blank screen.

My understanding is without dhcp it will limit you down to 480p.

BumbleBee says thanks.
  12. AthlonX2

AthlonX2 HyperVtX™

Thanks Received:
    Damulta stay away from that DLP dont let it tempt you. I bought a sony bravia 55 about a year ago and i really like the menu system (XMB)

13. jellyrole

jellyrole

Thanks Received:
    Vizio has been very impressive to me a well in the past few years. I have a 32" that I got from Walmart last year and it looks amazing for the price. The reason the ones at Wallyworld looked bad is because of lighting.

14. @RaXxaa@ New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have seen tvs at walmart, Vizio always has some smooth movements when switching sceens or camera angle changes in the video when compared to highend tv or 120hz tvs, vizio i think performs better then them but i never have owned one.

15. v12dock

v12dock

Thanks Received:
    Yes I have a 32" Vizio LCD that I got for $350 the box said it ran at 720P but runs great at 1080P
    All around its a great TV

I have read that LG makes there LCD panel

16. DaveK

DaveK

Thanks Received:
    I wish there was good no name TVs here, hell anything that isn't a brand name that I've seen sucks. Guess I'll just have to stick to Sony or Samsung, shame there's no cheaper alternative as TVs are extremely expensive here, especially compared to prices in the US, anything over 40" is a nono unless you're loaded :(

17. Thatguy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Very happy with my wifes 120hz 47inch vizio. Great TV and we got it for a song on a 1 day sale, $589.

18. theonedub

theonedub habe fidem

Thanks Received:
    Vizio has great Price:performance. Slowly, but surely, the negative stigma about them is disappearing.

The only downside about the non LED models is that the black level performance is not so great. If you watch TV @ night with all the lights off its pretty noticeable- I just set the backlight to 0 and its passable.

Crunching for Team TPU
  19. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    And if ya live in America were you have a walmart ( at least in PA ) you can buy and take it back months later for a full refund..

I have always liked the ones in Walmart although you have to remember some need messing with 1st.

Although the 1st Vizio we it did not support the res i required and did not have a 40" for $700 at that time. Although we did get another which is up stairs and only thing i don't like that is the logo when it starts upevery thing else has been great with it ( 32" ).

20. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    I have 2 Vizios a 22"1080 led i just got for my room and a 32" 1080 120hz in the living room.
    I've had the 32" for over a year and it still looks amazing,IMO Vizio isn't the best at anything but for there price there's very little to complain about.
    Also if you get them at Costco they have 2 year warranty, the 22" inch was $200 and the 32" was $350 ish.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2010