1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

I'm in quite a pickle...

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by pbmaster, May 20, 2008.

1. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    white is that avitar the symbol for inflames last album? i have a shirt from them the last concert i went to looks exactly like that...was wondering if you knew them?

2. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    yup that's the one - one and the same. I'm getting only for the design - the new inflames is about as good as listening to a large rat choking on its own vomit whilst being done up the rear by a camel.

PS Inflames old stuff was amazing but the new sucks. IMO.

3. Solaris17

Thanks Received:
    100% agree i was not pleased with come clarity

4. Exavier

Exavier New Member

Thanks Received:
    ^ agree

whitelotus, if that cost £80, my chest piece/sleeve combo is going to require some form of loan :laugh:

on topic: tell them the truth, apologise, make it clear you're taking the responsibility and show them you are

5. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    depends where you go - i did get a quote for £150 from tony bond!

EDIT:

and if your getting a chest and sleeve you'll have to do it in sitting maybe 2 hours long, so you only pay for what you get done, so what say half your monthly pay check each month.

6. pbmaster

pbmaster New Member

Thanks Received:
    WhiteLotus, that's the Coheed and Cambria symbol on your back isn't it?

To all others: Just got back from getting my blood drawn. I'll get the results back Friday. I highly doubt I have anything, but I guess it is for the best. I'll let you all know how showing my dad the other tonight goes. Thanks for your help so far.

7. Deusxmachina

Deusxmachina New Member

Thanks Received:
    Wow at the people who said don't say the mom said it was ok and to basically shut up while you let someone you claim is YOUR FRIEND possibly get slapped with multiple charges and possible jail time and whatever else. "With friends like that, who needs enemies?"

Your mom said it was ok, and if you didn't bother to ask your dad, that's too bad. If they don't know who did the tattoos, no way would I give that information up since it won't accomplish anything except getting YOUR FRIEND in trouble for something you wanted done. If you get caught drunk driving, you don't blame the bar for serving you. And if they already do know who did it, I'd warn him that they know and I wouldn't help testify or anything else in any criminal charges against him.

The only reason to give up your friend is if you think he does it in an unsterile manner, but if he did, you wouldn't have had it done in the first place and likely wouldn't be his friend anyway. Might want to tell him to not do it anymore without a license, though, and certainly not to minors. If helping a supposed friend could get him charged, his doing it to someone he hardly knows could get real serious real quick.

I don't get the mom part. Your step-mom said it was ok to get one, you get one, and then she freaks? Either she has a short memory, was kidding, or is covering up what she said so your dad doesn't get mad at her. Either way, she did say it was ok, (although maybe she meant get it done professionally, and maybe she thought you'd get a Carebear or something similarly cute).

It's not often the subject comes up on a computer forum, so since people are talking about tattoos and prices, my friend is a Star Wars nut and his friend is a tattooist who is also a Star Wars nut. He traded the tattoo guy a lifesize, limited-edition Yoda (worth probably around $500) to tattoo his shoulder and arm. He kept going back here and there to have more done to it. His shoulder down to I think mid-forearm is pretty much completely covered, and the tattoo guy said a looonnnngg time ago, "Trading this for the Yoda didn't turn out to be a very good deal for me."

pbmaster says thanks.
  8. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    yup it is - you know of them?

and you are most likely going to be OK since he showed you fresh needles etc i wouldn't be worrying at all.

and your dad is just being a dad - never wanting their children to grow up.

9. Solaris17

Thanks Received:
    of course we know we love metal right PB?

10. Azazel

Azazel New Member

Thanks Received:
    just go the checks done...just in case..

but imo you are old enough to decide if you want a tattoo or not. also...i don't think anything will happen to your friend...maybe a fine or something...

11. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:

you BOTH know Co & Ca!?!? ah man i've never met anyone who likes them outside of my small group that does!

awesomeness

the power of the internet

12. Nitro-Max

Nitro-Max New Member

Thanks Received:
    Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom.{East Anglian Coast
    Can we see pics i think the only crime is bad work!!

Seems as this kid is un liesenced there might not be alot the authoritys can do anyway.

Your parents have a right to be angry but they are being a bit daft because your only going to get it done when you hit 18 then they have no say in the matter do they?.

13. Snake05

Snake05 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Only if they didn't have their liquor license and you were underage, then that example would fit a little better.

IMHO, she probably said it would be ok [in the near future], as in after your birthday, and of course professionally.

14. Solaris17

Thanks Received:
    gonna have to agree here we needs pics b4 we can decide weather or not he should go to jail

hellz ya i know Coheed

15. thoughtdisorder

thoughtdisorder New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, it's the age old power struggle between parents and their kids feelings of independence. My guess is that's the real issue here.

16. Thermopylae_480

Thermopylae_480 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Why did you get the tattoo done by an unlicensed artist, when you could have gotten consent from your mother? Your parents having you get blood work is completely justified in this case.

Since you had to ask these questions.
    I doubt you know proper sterile techniques, and what you observed may have been completely insufficient.

I agree with Dan 100% on this.

17. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    There only angry cause it could look bad at like an interview or collage. Or maybe the fact those needles could have AIDS. I already talked to my mom about this and she did have a point :p I was gonna get one on my shoulder, not like everyone can see that :rolleyes:

18. Deusxmachina

Deusxmachina New Member

Thanks Received:
    The example doesn't need to be perfect for a person to know they should be taking responsibility for their own actions. He wanted it done, and he asked his friend to do it knowing he is unlicensed.

This is separate from the fact that I'd trust my friends for certain things over licensed professionals since just because someone has a license doesn't mean they're not still clueless.

19. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    In many cases this is true. But tattooing in most states is treated like a minor medical procedure. To get the license, the studio has to meet standards for hygene and sterilization procedures.

The artist may suck, but the studio has to be run by the books or they will shut it down.

As for interviews and college. If you are smart enought to get that tattoo somewhere where you can cover it, that will never be a problem with an interview. Colleges could not care less if you have tattoos as long as you pay them tuition and the like.

I have a single tat on my right upper arm. Got it when I was 17 (boy, that was a long time ago :D ). I've never regretted it. It's fading a bit, but still looks pretty good for being over 30 years old. Only thing I've ever bought for $50 that has lasted as long ;)

20. Nitro-Max

Nitro-Max New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ive worked in a tattoo studio ive also designed tattoos before that why i wanted to see his work.

p.s. you can obtain a license to be a tattooist within a one week course they learn you basics within 3 days.
    Anyone can do it even if you cant draw lol as long as you know health and safty and can follow lines and basic shading Techniques anyone can get a license {this is UK guide though}.

Last edited: May 21, 2008
  21. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    UNLICENSED man if hes unlicensed he might not do it right anything "could" have happened.
    Even if he cleans the needle it still could give you a disease i mean whatever he did might not be as some other people said not the proper sterilising.

Tatoos also nah waste of money i mean why have something drew on you? Im born like this ill stay like this so i wont dye my hair get tatoos or peircings.

You should have told your parents tho like your dad and step mum because they have a right to know seeing as they take responsibility for you..

Tattoo you will still have it even when your 50 lol.

Meh i dont want a band or a persons name tat on me lol its like free advertising. Its not really the design that bothers me its getting your body physically drew on that bothers me. I dont think tattoos are cool or anything either.

Yeah your fucked you should have told your parents, your too young to be able to decide because you'll likely have this for your life.

If your friend did this he must be ages with you so im guessing he might not be experienced enuf at it.

22. Nitro-Max

Nitro-Max New Member

Thanks Received:
    If you really want a tattoo its important to look around find the ones that do the best work and experience like i said obtaining a license can be done by anyone even people that arent artistic types the biggest part of it is health and saftey. Some licensed tattooists suck when it comes to free hand because they arent that good at art to begin with.

have it were it can be coverd up.

Personally i dont regret non of my tattoo's you either make them part of your life or you dont.

My thoughts on it is tattoos dont change the person inside.

Somone that judges you on looks alone is a fool.

I know alot of bikers and they all look mean and tattoo'd lol but they are some of the nicest lot you'll ever want to meet some of them are very religious too god is a big part of there lifes.

You only live once take it or leave it.

Also if you are going to get into tattoo's with no regrets dont get small cheap tattoo's done in areas that could be coverd with a large tattoo's having a larger tattoo later and getting the small one coverd can limit what design you have and will cost more.

Last edited: May 21, 2008
  23. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Doing anything that's prohibited/illegal by law is a crime. Those laws were made especially to check the transmission of diseases by unauthorised tattoo artists.

24. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Not here, All the legal burden falls upon the tattoo artist or studio, not the person who wants one even if he/she is a minor.

As I said, BP has comitted no crime.
    If he falsely represented himself (eg. he said he was 18), then things would change, but as it stands he has done nothing wrong.

25. pbmaster

pbmaster New Member

Thanks Received:
    As I said in my opening post, I don't want to hear people hate on tattoos or tell me they are a waste of money. The artist knew all circumstances(my age) before he did it. Again, I watched him open BRAND NEW all the disposable stuff and thoroughly clean all the stuff that wasn't, like the gun itself. He's tattooed his girlfriend, I really doubt he would do something to her that would potentially risk her life.

To clear this up: my REAL mom told me I could do it. She too knew how it was going to be done and what not.