1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

I'm thinking about reinstaling Stalker SOC

Discussion in 'Games' started by BababooeyHTJ, Jul 20, 2009.

1. BababooeyHTJ New Member

Thanks Received:
    The game has potential but there was just something about it that I didn't like. I think that it had to do with the quests where you have to get here by this time, I really hate any timed quests in games. Anyways I hear some people really rave about this game. Should I give it another chance? What would be some good mods to make the game a little better?

2. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    Oblivion Lost. Most notably it makes weapons powerful an accurate... kinda like they should be

BababooeyHTJ says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. BababooeyHTJ New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks I've heard great things about Oblivion Lost.
    I just have to ask. Is every mission in the game get here by this time? If so I'm really not going to even give it another chance.

4. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    No. Most quests run indefinately. IIRC the only timed quests are for things like "Camp Elimination" where you are asked to go clear out a group of enemies. I know Clear Sky has timed quests, but it just doesn't make sense to have quests with an infinate amount of time... take this secnario for example: who radios a distress call saying: "Sup dude, we're being attacked by Bandits. Stop by when you have some spare time and lend us a hand why don't you?"

BababooeyHTJ says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  5. BababooeyHTJ New Member

Thanks Received:
    Good to know that must have been when I stoped playing. My main issue with the timed quests is that it makes the game feel really linear.

6. MopeyMartian

MopeyMartian New Member

Thanks Received:
    That's because the game IS really linear. Don't get me wrong, you can go back and forth between zones as you wish but there's hardly ever reason to.

I love the STALKER series but I just wish the developers had the ability to deliver what they'd promised (a STALKERized Fallout 3 kind of game).