1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Image Mounting Problem.

Discussion in 'Games' started by Castiel, May 23, 2008.

1. Castiel

Castiel

Thanks Received:
    Okay, today I received a DVD-Rom from a friend and it had Rainbow Six Vegas 2 on it. Now I inserted the DVD into my DVD drive and it starts to read the disc, but while doing it it makes clicking noises. After a little bit of that, a window pops up with the Vegas 2 WinRAR Archive file, I minimize the window and open up Daemon Tools. I next mount the image. And a error pops up and its says there is now disc. Now when I get the chance to mount the image, I go back into my computer, on the image drive I open it up and then My computer freezes, and then a window pops up saying it couldnt read the file. And when I try to extract the file myself it freezes also.

Now It has worked on my friends computer, could it be my DVD drive not being able to read the disc?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. A Cheese Danish

A Cheese Danish

Thanks Received:
    The error message states the G: drive...the Vegas 2 dvd is in the D: drive.

3. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    YEah and make sure to unrar it. People usually dont do that and try and mount it in rar format. It needs to be in one Daemon tools can use, be it BWI, DAA, ISO, etc.

4. Exavier

Exavier New Member

Thanks Received:
    in that case, could it be an error with how the PC is labelling and utilising drives? try disabling all your drives but the one you want to use

5. panchoman

panchoman Sold my stars!

Thanks Received:
    use magicdisc to mount it, seems like the problem is from daemon.. and dont unrar the iso file, mount the iso file in magicdisc

6. mon74

Thanks Received:
    Just disable any virtual drives from daemon tools & your drive will work fine. :cool:

7. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    thats not an iso....an iso wouldnt not appear as an archive on a disk unless they burned the iso to a disk without selecting the burn iso option in either case no matter what program he uses it will fail.....his best chance is to copt the archive off the disk extract everything(if it isnt already an iso) use a burning program like burn4free repackage it as an iso and mount it that way.

8. panchoman

panchoman Sold my stars!

Thanks Received:
    last screenshot says that winrar is extracting from [insert game name here].iso so the file on the disc is an iso, not a rar/zip file. winrar does open iso files..

9. Castiel

Castiel

Thanks Received:
    Ok, Magicdisc doesnt work, for my problem. When I insert the DVD it seems like it is having trouble reading the burnt disc. But that cant be true, cause before I started on Vegas 2 I uploaded Oblivian from a burnt disc. And after a while a screen finally pops up, and it has the Vegas 2 file. When I try to extract it it freezes. And when I try to mount it to daemon tools, it mounts, then when I try to open the image, it says that there is no disc, or it cant read it.

10. panchoman

panchoman Sold my stars!

Thanks Received:
    try copying the iso file on the disc to your desktop and mount the one from your desktop

11. Castiel

Castiel

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I tried that and it said that it would take 88 min. and then it showed it was copying, but then It said that it couldnt.

The problem is that the drive is having problems reading I guess, cause It keep on spinning then it will stop and make a click noise. But when it will finally open, I will mount it, some times it will mount some times it wont, but when it mounts, and I try to open the image, all of it goes to hell.

12. panchoman

panchoman Sold my stars!

Thanks Received:
    its probably 88 mins because its having some trouble reading the disc, check for scratchs and stuff.. also try cleaning the disc with toothpaste

13. Castiel

Castiel

Thanks Received:
    Ok, I inserted the disc, and a window came up, and it shows the file of the game, what do I need to do now?

14. Castiel

Castiel

Thanks Received:
    NEVER MIND!!!!
    My POS DVD drive is so old it cant read Dual Layer DVD-Roms.
    Thats why its not working because it cant read the second layer.