1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

** Important Notice regarding creation of new threads **

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by DanTheBanjoman, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    externally linked sigs have been disabled. W1zz put up a notice over a week ago in comments + feedback.

Too many people broke the size rules.

CDdude55 says thanks.
  2. RevengE

RevengE

Thanks Received:
    Man I've missed all the WaWa's in this thread. Quit complaining and be happy we take the time to run the website.

3. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    I've seen a few new posts pop up in GN the past few days, so I tried clicking the new thread button to see if it would let me, and it wouldn't. How are the new posts getting here if they are still shut off?

4. twilyth Guest

I had a similar question - http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=102839

It seems that threads started in sections where they don't belong but aren't so worthless as to be deleted outright are moved to GN as overflow/miscellaneous.

5. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    thats exactly correct.

Threads are moved to GN sometimes, other times we just delete them. it should be clear by now that they belong at GN.net (go there already! funny picture thread awesome!)

6. dr emulator (madmax)

dr emulator (madmax)

Thanks Received:
    oh my god is this thread still going please make it closed.gif so i can sleep at night i've turned into a alcoholic.gif because of it :laugh::rolleyes:

7. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    Help with thread category

I want to create a thread called The Charlie Demerjian Discussion about the controversial tech reporter*. So, this thread will be about tech, but it doesn't seem to fit in any category except this old general nonsense forum, that we can't create threads in any more.

If possible, I'd rather not have to create a new identity on a different forum (generalnonsense.net). Would it be possible to create a new category in the main forum called something like "Tech - other" perhaps?

*My thread on the upcoming nvidia GT300 chip is getting derailed over him (silly me for suggesting his website! rolleyes) so I want to try and deflect that discussion over to a more appropriate thread.

8. twilyth Guest

Fuckin' Charlie!!! :banghead::twitch:

9. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    Well now, there's a fan! :laugh: :laugh:

I think this is why we need that Charlie thread, ;)