• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

IN WIN G1 (modded In Win 909)

Hi guys,

I have some new updates on this build :)

After two versions it's now going into V3

AVEXIR have asked me to display the build at their Computex booth coming up and it's going through some changes for this. Changing some of the hardware and the loop a little bit.

Due to the changes new build name is IN WIN PREMIUM :D

Hope you guys enjoy these quick updates on this build yet again.

First up, new motherboard and graphics cards!

Thanks for checking it out and stay tuned for more.

Cheers,

Alex

I could not live with so few USB 2/ 3 rear ports!

Hi guys,

I've added some vinyl to the motherboard to bring it in line with the theme of the build!

Most of the other things will be a straight swap :)

Also a look at the EK Supremacy EVO CPU block and Avexir Blitz Memory.

Thanks for checking it out!

Cheers,

Alex

Hi guys,

Changed some of the vinyl logos in the build from Gigabyte G1 to a more ASUS Signature look as well as showing some EK love. Also a special shout-out to AVEXIR on the side panel :D

And check out the sweet looking ASUS STRIX GTX 980TI!

Thanks for checking it out and stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

Hi guys,

I made a quick video of installing an EK Waterblock to the ASUS STRIX GTX 980TI graphics cards. It's my very first video so let me know what you think. I know the lighting isn't too good in this one but I'm learning. Hopefully the content is good :D

Subscribe to the Simple Modz channel for more watercooling and modding related videos.

Check out the video here:

Also some shots of the cards with sexy waterblocks installed :D

Thanks for checking it out!

Cheers,

Alex

Hi guys,

I think it's pretty obvious that the build is already at Computex by now. Just been busy as always and haven't managed to post all the updates yet.

Here are shots of the new tubing layout before filling up, just slightly different.

Notice the vinyl work on the small SLI bridge, it was the only one I had available at the time however it turned out great.

Thanks for checking it out, I'll have the final pics in the next update!

Cheers,

Alex

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
Interesting build, but I think the power button and USB ports should be on the top brace, not the bottom where they can be kicked easily while sitting at a desk.

Hi guys,

Here's the finished build!

Thanks for checking it out guys and hope you have enjoyed these last updated!

Cheers,

Alex

Applerogue

Great Job ! Beautiful white build. However, for both your build, how do you drain your water out of system? I'm also a big fun of EK radiators but lacking of holes sometimes bothers me.

manofthem

WCG-TPU Team All-Star!
Processor 3900X @ 4.0
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E
Cooling DeepCool Castle 360EX
Memory G Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600
Video Card(s) RX 5700 XT Pulse
Storage Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB
Display(s) LG 34UC88
Case Thermaltake P3
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III 750w
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard G Skill KM570 MX Silver
Software Windows 10 Pro
Not sure how I missed this build but it looks awesome.
Great work! :toast:

Applerogue

Did you do powder coating urself or did you send it to somewhere to have it done? If Im to do it myself, I can except a large amount of surface finishing before spraying.........

Great Job ! Beautiful white build. However, for both your build, how do you drain your water out of system? I'm also a big fun of EK radiators but lacking of holes sometimes bothers me.

Thanks a lot man! Glad you like it :D For draining I usually undo one of the fittings. If the loop is air tight, not much will leak at first and then you can get a small bowl under there until you can connect a tube leading outside. Once that's done I undo the reservoir cap and out it goes.

I sometimes build in a drain port but very rarely unless I can hide it somewhere. For the 3rd version of this build as it went to Computex and back I did a drain port just under the graphics cards for easy drainage using a Bitspower valve :)

Hope this helps!

Not sure how I missed this build but it looks awesome.
Great work! :toast:

Thanks a lot mate :D

Did you do powder coating urself or did you send it to somewhere to have it done? If Im to do it myself, I can except a large amount of surface finishing before spraying.........

I took this to a powder coating place to get done. Due to the nature of powder coating, it's not something that can be done at home. The damn thing has to be put in a huge oven haha. I'm looking into automotive paint with a compressor for home usage as that is much easier to do yourself. So far I've just been using spray cans :)

If you follow my other builds logs, I've started doing some videos and plan to do more. Perhaps at some point in the future I'll do one about painting one of my builds :)

Applerogue

Thanks a lot :) I'm getting a InWin 909 this week as well. Im going to send the inner frame to my friends shop to powder coating it. I thought you did this in your oven tho haha. I plan to do a blue and red version from your inspirations. Once I start my build, I will post the log and let you know :)