1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

In Win GRone

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Darksaber, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Darksaber

Darksaber W1zzard's Sidekick Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2013
  2. Rowsol

Rowsol

Thanks Received:
    I'm more of a minimalist but this looks nice actually. My only complaint is the red fan on the HD cage.
  3. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    nice review, my retailer has one in the local shop near me, i wonder ... i like the setup and the look of that case and i need a tower for a little project build, 130$ is a good price and the only other case i aimed for that build was a Silverstone Raven :D

strangely im thinking about doing a Red Raven build based on the manga (for those who know that manga you know why the Silverstone Raven is fit for it) still while the GRone would give me more works and since i like InWin i might go the hard way instead of the "obviously easy" way

and that would be my 1st real "custom" work ... duh ...
  4. jihadjoe

jihadjoe

Thanks Received:
    my brain automatically transposes grone to /r/gone and autocorrect/autofill does the rest...
  5. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    well its more like GT One or GR One than grone :D but your brain behavior is more of a "Drone"
  6. Vario

Vario

Thanks Received:
    Ah yes the Groan. Nothing like fake molded screw heads to show quality on an all plastic chinese bezel. :laugh: Love that attention to detail :rolleyes: Greiver, look around for a used high end case, i got my Cosmsos 1000 for $50 locally. Also my friend in college had a thermaltake fata1ity? case that was a wopping 1/4" aluminum all around. High end sure has changed, everything is so plastic now. His goal was to not be able to destroy it if he got angry and smashed at it (and we lifted weights so it would have been bad for his fx 57)

edit: zalman fata1ity http://www.xoxide.com/zalman-fatal1ty-fc-ze1.html. Heaviest small case I've ever seen LOL
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  7. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    I have it since yesterday, and except somme little details like the feets, the GR one feels nothing cheap, Heck my HAF XB too bas a plastic front bezel.

Why not a Cosmos? Hell if i go for a battleship, i prefer a space battleship, otherwise i would have gone Silverstone Raven Rv1 (i dont like the cosmos :D )

edit, as many reviews state it : its a pretty good case hate it or love it there is no middle :D im in the 2nd type... the paint between plastic and metal is pretty well harmonized, and as many said, its really easy to work around that case, of course there is some cons: the standoff feets are just plain plastic no rubber (but this little problem can be easly solved) and the push release system of the front lower part is flimsy (i dont need to remove it, so i just glue it ... huhuhu :eek: ) the easy swap sata is a bit of a pain, its pretty usefull and easy to use but, putting and removing a SSD/HDD on it can scratch the paint on the top if not carefull.

im also tired of all black ofc i could go for red or any other colored case, i even have a white NZXT Nemesis but i kinda like that anthracite grey

addition : the Rad compatibility in the ceiling goes from 120 to 360 (or 140 to 420)
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  8. Vario

Vario

Thanks Received:
    Thank you for the commentary, I am glad it works for you. I have made many improvements to all of my cases. I am sure you can find ways to make it work for you :) You just gotta add the parts you want LOL. I have changed most of my cases in so many ways, like a front fan hole in my cosmos door and a new wood skin for my elite 120, but also fans and feet and all sorts of stuff.

Do you have a pic?
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2013