• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Incompatibility with Comodo

Hi, I use RealTemp and really like it but somehow it got incompatible with new version of Comodo Internet Security v8, when Enhanced Protection Mode (which uses cpu virtualization) is enabled in CIS, RealTemp sees only one cpu core and others are grayed out, if I disable EPM then all cores are available. although this didn't happen in CIS v7.

I see that RealTemp haven't updated since 2012, so maybe updates will come soon and resolve this problem?!

best regards

dorsetknob

"YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"
Dorset where else eh? >>> Thats ENGLAND<<<
Open your comodo program
go to the general tab
click get live support Tile
its there for a reason

go from there

PLEASE up date us on this thread so it may be of use to Others

edit
i have latest ver and real temp works fine

Last edited:
Open your comodo program
go to the general tab
click get live support Tile
its there for a reason

go from there

PLEASE up date us on this thread so it may be of use to Others

edit
i have latest ver and real temp works fine

Thanks for replying. Live support requires "Geek Buddy" and I never wish to install that and don't expect adequate solution from them. I already posted this on Comodo forum and described problem.

Have you enabled Enhanced Protection mode and RealTemp works as usual? well my OS is 64 bit, maybe that's the difference?!

Last edited:

dorsetknob

Cannot find enabled Enhanced Protection mode on my Comodo and i'm running it on win XP PRO
It auto updated yesterday to the latest version ( i presume )
Real temp has continued to function ( pre .....during ....and post update )

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
Hi, I use RealTemp and really like it but somehow it got incompatible with new version of Comodo Internet Security v8, when Enhanced Protection Mode (which uses cpu virtualization) is enabled in CIS, RealTemp sees only one cpu core and others are grayed out, if I disable EPM then all cores are available. although this didn't happen in CIS v7.

If RealTemp used to work fine in Comodo internet Security v7 and now RealTemp no longer works in Comodo Internet Security v8, it is Comodo that needs to be fixed. Some security software is over zealous. Temperature monitoring software needs to be able to continuously move itself from one core to the next so it can read the temperature from each core. The virtualization feature in Comodo v8 prevents that from happening. I think you will have the same problem no matter what temperature monitoring utility that you try.

There is an updated version of RealTemp available but it is programmed just the same as previous versions so it is not going to work when using EP Mode in Comodo v8. I am not sure what CPU model you have. The newer Intel CPUs have a package temperature sensor. Internally the CPU compares all of the individual core temperature sensors as well as a few other sensors and then reports the peak temperature and calls it the CPU Package temperature. RealTemp T|I reports this information. I am not sure if that will work in Comodo but it won't hurt anything to try. If it works, all you need to do is monitor that one temperature. If the package temperature is OK then you are guaranteed that all your individual cores are OK too.

RealTemp T|I Edition
https://www.sendspace.com/file/55yvry

dorsetknob

Thanks for the clear info and update

good prog

unclewebb

If you decide to try RealTemp T|I, can you post a screenshot of it so I can have a look.

Thanks unclewebb for explanation. I downloaded RealTemp T|I, you can see screenshots of it:

without EP mode

with EP mode

Last edited:

unclewebb

The E7500 is a Core 2 Duo CPU which does not have a package temperature sensor.

When both cores are equally loaded, their actual core temperatures will be nearly identical. When lightly loaded, there can be some variation but when fully loaded, both cores will be at the exact same temperature. This means you can get away with only monitoring a single core. These cores are good to 100C and you are not overclocking in your screenshot so your core temperature is going to be fine.

Here is a screenshot of my QX9650. I wanted to make sure that after all these years, the overclock was still stable so I took it for a good workout.

For these CPUs, there is no need to set an Alarm at 70C. As long as your computer is stable, there is no need to be concerned about the core temperature.

Again many thanks, I will then use EPM and stick just one core monitoring when I need it. Just one question: is RealTemp T|I better than usual version? I don't see it on main download page.

unclewebb

I wrote the T|I Edition for my friend Brian over at TechInferno to help get their new website off the ground. It costs money when users only visit your website to download software and then never return so the T|I Edition is hard to find and not too many people know about it.

It has more features but many of the new features are only useful if you are running a Core i processor. On your Core 2 Duo processor, version 3.70 is probably good enough.

I plan to release RealTemp 4.00 at TechPowerUp. Most people are reasonably happy with version 3.70 so I tend to work on more interesting projects. To be honest, if your computer is stable, core temperatures are really not that exciting or important.

I found RealTemp most comfortable for my needs when I was looking in similar softwares. Good luck in your future works!

Woghole

Hi all I i run W7 Pro 64 Bit with my old trusty Q8400 @ 3.2 OC normally use coretemp and then that went down to reading one core so i thought i would try Realtemp same problem so unclewebb you where right it does effect different stemperature monitoring utility i came across this thread realizing whats causing the problem, thanks white31 for the thread, i have used Comodo since its conception as EPM and HIPS are disabled by default on install i just run HIPS with EPM disabled. I personal think it is adequate protection without EPM enabled and still get full use of temperature monitoring utility. Just wait for Comodo to come out with a fix.