1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Indecision between 3 cases

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding & Electronics' started by dfsramos, Nov 27, 2012.

?

Which one to choose?

Poll closed Dec 1, 2012.
  1. Fractal Design Arc Midi

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. Corsair Carbide Series 500R

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Aerocool XPredator Evil Black Edition

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. dfsramos New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello guys.

After couple of years as a regular user of the site and reader on the forums I've finally decided to register so you folks can help me with a choice I have to make.

I'm a proud owner of an Antec P182. Unfortunately my toddler just managed to:

1) Break both USB ports in the front panel by hitting USB pens attached there.
    2) Using his favorite car he managed to bump the side cover so hard that it just smashed in. I know, don't ask how please.

So, I've searched for a case and after reading a good amount of reviews and looking at a lot of cases I've became split between 3.

Fractal Design Arc Midi (for 72€)
    Corsair Carbide Series 500R (for 91€)
    Aerocool XPredator Evil Black Edition (for 92€)

All the three have things I like and dislike. eg.: I like the Fractal Design front aspect, but I don't like that it's fan controller is in the back. I like the fans included in the Carbide but I don't like the panel being front-faced. I like the space available in the Aerocool but I'm not completely in love with the colors and I'm afraid it might get louder and dustier than the other 2.

So.... I need your opinions.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  2. lZKoce

lZKoce

Thanks Received:
    I am biased really, I love the FD: Midi. I think its one of the most balanced and user-friendly cases out there. You get performance and silence :) and if these are the prices you get the cases for- you save some money.

3. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    Welcome aboard :toast:

You need a tough case if it's in the middle of toddler traffic ;)

4. [Ion]

[Ion] WCG Team Assistant

Thanks Received:
    The "right" case is really as much based on your aesthetic preferences as it is the features of the case (cooling performance, etc). Personally, I think the Aerocool looks terrible, so I wouldn't buy it. I think that the Fractal Design Arc Midi strikes a great balance between price, features, and looks :toast:

5. DarkOCean

DarkOCean

Thanks Received:
    on top of that big mountain on mars(Romania)
    The Fractal Design Arc Midi looks pretty sweet and the price is good too.

6. dfsramos New Member

Thanks Received:
    This is definetely true!

So, maybe I should state some of my concerns/objectives:

- It must be quite tough.
    - Little to no dust inside. I only have time to clean and do maintenance on the case interior once every 6 months or so.
    - As quiet as possible cause the computer is in the room and as a freelance web developer I work in the night while my wife's sleeping.
    - SSD compatibility.
    - I worry that the Arc Midi doesn't have much space (it looks smaller than the other 2).
    - I worry that the Corsair might not be as tough as the others.
    - I worry the Aerocool might take a lot of dust in. Aerocool might be going off the list now. TBH it would look bad in our room.. Sooo.. I guess it's between Fractal and Corsair.

That's what I have thought of so far.

Again thanks everyone for your input!

7. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    Corsair is an excellent brand, the only thing i can say is, Case is a very personal item. You are the only person who can decide! Look at the interiors and compare, personally the Corsair wins handsdown! but Take a look at the NXZT Phantom, it is a VERY nice case

8. anonymous6366

anonymous6366

Thanks Received:
    That areocool is sick. Plus it's more open for air circulation which is really nice.

9. THE_EGG

THE_EGG

Thanks Received:
    I've been a fan of Aerocool for quite some time since I first bought an M40 lanbox/media case. However at that price when comparing the other two case you have mentioned. I'd be leaning towards the Fractal Design case. Also I've noticed that with the couple of Aerocool cases I've worked with they seem to be on the slightly noiser end of things.

The FD case I have for my server is great though, I've found that their build quality and choice of materials to be top notch.