1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Individually-Sleeved Cable Extensions (NZXT?)

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by nleksan, May 7, 2012.

1. nleksan

Thanks Received:
    So I have decided on a white/black color scheme for my build, especially now that I have the white Switch 810 and HALE90 850W PSU. I love the look of individual cabling, and NZXT has practically every one needed in either color and at ridiculously low prices compared to everything else available.
    I was wondering if anyone here has personal experience with these cables? Any downsides to using extensions for all visible cables?

Also, I have heard that you should avoid white tubing for liquid cooling systems? Is there any truth to that? I would love to have white tubing, perhaps with black "spring-wrap" around them? I am also looking at getting white or black SATA cables, as red would clash too much, but I can't find white?

Thanks!

2. theonedub

theonedub habe fidem

Thanks Received:
    My 24pin is NZXT and my 2 8pin PCIe are both BitFenix. NZXT cables are stiff, have heatshrink and are semi glossy. Bitfenix cables are matte, very flexible, and have no heatshrink. The stiffness of the NZXT 24 pin works well for the 24 pin (give it a nice curve), and the flexibility of the BF ones make the PCIe cables a breeze to route. Either of the two are great picks, so pick the one that works best for you.

BF also has sleeved SATA cables in white and black if you want to go the 100% sleeved route. http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l3/g/c...y_Multisleeved-Alchemy_Sata_Cables-Page1.html

A link to a good comparison review: http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/4...head_bitfenix_vs_modright_vs_nzxt/index1.html

Crunching for Team TPU
  3. nleksan

Thanks Received:
    Thanks! I would love to go the fully-sleeved route... Especially since the prices are so low! It just looks mean!