1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Inexpensive GPU for 3 Digital Monitors

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by shovenose, Aug 13, 2014.

1. shovenose

shovenose

Thanks Received:
    Hi!
    Looking for a cheap as possible PCI-express video card that has three digital outputs. By this I mean all monitors can be connected with ports like HDMI, DP, or DVI. I don't want to have to use VGA for one.
    It will be three 1920x1080 monitors.
    Gaming power is not important however it needs to handle the three monitors, with normal stuff like web browsing, coding, streaming, etc.
    I prefer nVidia but if AMD has a much better option at a much better price, I'll consider it. Looking to spend under $100.
    I'd rather not use something ancient like Radeon HD 4xxx or 5xxx, or anything like GeForce 4xx or 5xx.

I found this, which according to the reviews supports 3x 1080P without issue. I'd have to buy some annoying adapter for that tiny HDMI port, though. Is this the best and cheapest card with triple digital monitor support?
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0086UXQES/?tag=tec06d-20

Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
  2. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    I was actually going to suggest a 640

3. shovenose

shovenose

Thanks Received:
    Thanks, glad to hear the 640 makes sense. I'll order the EVGA if nobody else has something negative to say by the time I check later :)