• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Input signal out of range

Nico

Hy everybody

Let's try a concise explanation of my problem : :eek:
PC, HP pavilion t329.fr, AMD 2600, ATI Radeon 9200 with TV output, hp TFT flat screen

Before the problem :
With no TV cable plugged in : blue HP screen at startup, then windows loading screen, then windows login.
With TV cable plugged in : black screen with "input signal out of range".... then windows login.
I could use my TV screen to watch movies for example .:)

Now :
With no TV cable plugged in : black screen with "input signal out of range".... then windows login. windows do not detect that my TV is not plugged in !!!
With TV cable plugged in : black screen with "input signal out of range".... then windows login.
I can NOT use my TV screen anymore.... :(
I can not use UBUNTU LINUX Live CD for example because I don't see anything !!!!

The problems are the following ones :
1 - I can not use my TV output
2 - I can not access the BIOS because of this black screen

What I have tried ::confused:
1 - reinstal the video drivers
2 - reset of the BIOS of the motherboard (I took the battery out)
3 - boot on a boot floppy -> black screen with my favorite "input signal out of range"

Anyone help ???? I am really thinking my video card is dead and I might by a new one.... :eek:

C&C Freak 2K

Mine boots fine with a TV plugged in (although it defaults all displays to PAL format because that's what set in the BIOS), so I don't think that could've done it...