1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Input signal out of range

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Nico, Nov 23, 2004.

1. Nico New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hy everybody

Let's try a concise explanation of my problem : :eek:
    PC, HP pavilion t329.fr, AMD 2600, ATI Radeon 9200 with TV output, hp TFT flat screen

Before the problem :
    With no TV cable plugged in : blue HP screen at startup, then windows loading screen, then windows login.
    With TV cable plugged in : black screen with "input signal out of range".... then windows login.
    I could use my TV screen to watch movies for example .:)

Now :
    With no TV cable plugged in : black screen with "input signal out of range".... then windows login. windows do not detect that my TV is not plugged in !!!
    With TV cable plugged in : black screen with "input signal out of range".... then windows login.
    I can NOT use my TV screen anymore.... :(
    I can not use UBUNTU LINUX Live CD for example because I don't see anything !!!!

The problems are the following ones :
    1 - I can not use my TV output
    2 - I can not access the BIOS because of this black screen

What I have tried ::confused:
    1 - reinstal the video drivers
    2 - reset of the BIOS of the motherboard (I took the battery out)
    3 - boot on a boot floppy -> black screen with my favorite "input signal out of range"

Anyone help ???? I am really thinking my video card is dead and I might by a new one.... :eek:

2. C&C Freak 2K New Member

Thanks Received:
    Mine boots fine with a TV plugged in (although it defaults all displays to PAL format because that's what set in the BIOS), so I don't think that could've done it...