1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Insanely low physics score 2500k 3DMark 11

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Jegergrim, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Jegergrim

Jegergrim New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've been testing my system today. since I recieved my XFX 7950 BE, however I keep getting low P-scores due to physics and combined scores:
    [​IMG]

My 2500k somehow keeps staying on 2.8-3 fps in the test, I've got a log showing that it stays at 3300mhz during the whole test, and the temps are not going too high (stock cooler), turbomode is disabled so is the speedstep that reduces clocks. Anyone with any ideas as to why I keep getting 1/7th the score of what I'm supposed to get?
  2. seronx

seronx

Thanks Received:
    Drivers?
  3. Jetster

Jetster

Thanks Received:
    With no graphics score its got to be the drivers. Should be P6500
  4. Jegergrim

Jegergrim New Member

Thanks Received:
    Using 12.6 AMD drivers, that was simply just a physics score, i included the full one in a smaller screen underneat. The P score is 2781... I don't get it really
  5. seronx

seronx

Thanks Received:
    Change your GPU back. If you don't have another GPU install 12.7.

3DMark11 is totally dependent on the GPU. Check your GPU Temps/GPU Clock.
    Jegergrim says thanks.
  6. yogurt_21

Thanks Received:
    make sure your gpu clocks are entering 3d speeds for the physics and combined tests, if they're not that could explain it. Even if its not a 3d clock thing it still could be drivers. I don't have a 7 series card so you'd have to ask others that do what set of drivers they're using.

does it perform well in games at least?
    Jegergrim says thanks.
  7. Jegergrim

Jegergrim New Member

Thanks Received:
    I do not have another GPU besides intel hd 3000 which doesn't support dx 11 :(
    The card performs really well in games, besides Diablo 3, which could be driver related? I mean it can run crysis 2 with dx11 and high res textures completely fine etc. However, the physics score and combined score, is primarily CPU dependant right? At least the physics score one, and my cpu doesn't give me more than 2-3 fps in that score, for some reason, and it doesn't clock down either :/

I'll try to find the 12.7, only driver I can find right now seems t obe 12.6 latest official..

Edit: Diablo 3 runs much better when physics is set on LOW, and Low FX is enabled..
    I also installed the 12.7 drivers to no avail.

Also what I've found out is that my motherboard no longer wants to run my Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB sticks in XMP profile mode, nor if the timings are set manually, it fails the OC and I have to clear cosmos/reboot, anyone has any idea why this is happening?? :S

I have another post which involved attaching a costum cooler onto my motherboard with no avail, but prior to doing this, XMP would run without problems, and I don't believe I had physics problems either, could it be that I damaged my motherboard/CPU? perhaps the ram? Is there any other tests I can do to get closer info on my situation?
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  8. seronx

seronx

Thanks Received:
    If it performs fine in games it is the drivers/GPU. 3dmark 11 is CPU(does the physics)* and GPU(displays the physics)* dependent... OpenCL Bullet prefers Intel CPU & AMD GPU over all other configurations. Other people that have used OpenCL applications also have problems...with southern islands. (Rare but it does occur)

*These tasks are synced...
    Linpack: http://www.xgamingstudio.com/files/IntelBurnTest.zip
    If you can run it for 30 minutes you are okay CPU/RAM side
    Jegergrim says thanks.
  9. Jegergrim

Jegergrim New Member

Thanks Received:
    Cheers, I'll do the test soonish. Still felt very weird, prior to disassembly and reassembly with my 7950, everything was fine, and overclocking too, including XMP would run perfectly fine. Now If I enable XMP/overclock, it doesn't boot, and sometiems it boots with XMP, but still runs on JEDEC...

Edit: The test didn't cause any errors, but temps are much higher than prior to reassembly and still no difference...
  10. Jegergrim

Jegergrim New Member

Thanks Received:
    Scratch that, Linpack 30 minutes gave me an error, here's a screenshot:
    [img=http://s8.postimage.org/xn3g04l4h/Linpack.jpg]

I flashed my bios to latest, version 504. For instance if I enable Turbo Mode, sometimes it will be on, other times it won't, same thing with XMP-profile, also any overclock and it won't reboot etc..

Edit: UAC was disabled at the time, I keep it disabled at all times.
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2012