1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Insomniacs late night hangout

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by tigger, Jul 18, 2008.

1. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    not at all - I just dont have an interest in the current topic at hand.
  2. SirKeldon

SirKeldon New Member

Thanks Received:
    Shit, hard stuff ... i'm still preferring joints of my own harvest :)
  3. calvary1980

calvary1980 New Member

Thanks Received:
    you had chemo and all they gave you was benzo's? :wtf: I used to take Clazepam for my back.

- Christine
  4. SirKeldon

SirKeldon New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ummm benzo's ... i have Lorazepam from my mum too ... 1mg and 5mg ... she's cronic ill =\
  5. calvary1980

calvary1980 New Member

Thanks Received:
    benzodiazepines (muscle relaxers) Sorry to hear :(

- Christine
  6. SirKeldon

SirKeldon New Member

Thanks Received:
    No worries, at least, it's not "mortal" as some other fucking diseases. Is the odd and weird Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, info here and here, diagnosed through 1 year and half of medical tests ... (i really would like to meet House for that case :laugh:) ... the most odd thing is there's still no known recovery and not effective treatment ... so diff pills are always around home trying to get new "results" but the benzo's had been there since 4 years ago (moment when was diagnosed correctly after having to send the final blood analysis to Belgium ... cause in Spain they didn't had the machines to do it ...)

Odd ills, so hard to invest but no worries, let's gonna keep it with the last theme ;)
  7. calvary1980

calvary1980 New Member

Thanks Received:
  8. SirKeldon

SirKeldon New Member

Thanks Received:
    Right now she's taking Lorazepam, Cymbalta (Duloxetine, uptake inhibitor of the serotonine and noradrenaline due to the CFS, as it's also a brain ill, affects sometimes as a depression but not in the brain @ all, the body is also affected and needs to be reactivated), Omeprazol & Amoxiciline (derivated from Peniciline), sometimes Inmunoferon as well as VALTREX (valacyclovir hydrochloride) when mouth herpes appears ... and some "normal" pills as ibuprofen or aspirines ... and IDK if she's taking more, i'll ask her tomorrow cause she's sleeping right now (5:56 am here :D)

Yeah, i'll need the Vicodin Master!
  9. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
    Lucky,..I hear Spain is very decent in its pot laws.:toast: Do you breed or grow proven strains?
  10. farlex85

farlex85 New Member

Thanks Received:
    That's a lot of stuff, I don't pretend to know more than the doctors, but I question the motives behind prescribing so many different medications sometimes. Money I think just has too much to do w/ it, I can't see all those combining for an effective treatment, especially for something not fully understood.
  11. Thermopylae_480

Thermopylae_480 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm hunting spiders with my camera.

[​IMG]
  12. SirKeldon

SirKeldon New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well, not as good as they should be ... cause it's still not legal @ all but if you have two-three plants on your balcony or you have an indoor it's not "bad-seen", most people in Spain had smoke or still smoking joints ... and also own consume in your house it's not punishable, as there are also many bars who let's you to smoke inside it (though that's not legal never, if police joins the local will be closed inmediately) ... it's a good country to smoke, that's true.

And yeah, i growed proven strains but not directly bought ... friends gifted me, i tried with Hash Plant, White Russian, Mexican Sativa and some kind of "mix" of White Widow and something else ... all on outdoor (at my balcony)

:toast:

No no, i don't know when she takes everything ... but lorazepam and cymbalta everyday for sure, rest of combinations maybe depends on the day ... but my mum is pensioner right now with a permanent sick leave, all the medications are paid for the Government and the public Sanity but yes ... sometimes in this strange ills ... they just want to take money from you ... that's not health business, or shouldn't be :(
  13. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    well, considering my age when I was diagnosed (19-20yr); the chemotherapy they were administering was extremelly strong; all IV fluids, also . . . no pills or implants. But, they figured due to my age I could handle the side effects better than older patients.

I recieved treatments every other week; by about the time the side effects were starting to wear off, it was time to go back in for another treatment. Side effects included severe nasuea, weakness and loss of strength, exhaustion, skin and eye sensitivity to sunlight, copper taste in throat, etc, etc :ohwell:

the ativan was a "last resort" kinda drug, as it's a narcotic muscle relaxer. I don't exactly remember the names of the other prescriptions I had for combating the chemo side effects - one was a steroidal strictly for nasuea, started with a D; another was a mild muscle relaxer (I was on Vicodine for a while, until I grew immune to it, so they switched me to Codine), another that I don't remember what it's intended use was; and the ativan.

I was also on prevacid, as the chemo gave me ungodly heartburn; and I was taking an epidural every day that aided white blood cell growth to keep my immune system in tact (don't remember the name of this drug, started with an A) -edit- I was wrong, the epidural was called Neupogen . . . I might have to dig out the copy of my oncology records :p

chemo and radiation treatments suck ballz
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2008
  14. calvary1980

calvary1980 New Member

Thanks Received:
  15. SirKeldon

SirKeldon New Member

Thanks Received:
    Me too Christine ... i really hate spiders, specially those haired ones, Thermopylae you're a psycho! :laugh:

Shit, sorry to hear that, hoping you're totally ok now ... the marihuana and THC is specially good after chemo treatments, specially on the nausea and vomits as well as recovering the appetite and muscle relaxing ... in my region it was approved these last months for that special case or terminal ills to relax the pain, they did some kind of pills but also can be smoked or in infussion.
  16. farlex85

farlex85 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I can imagine man, well not really, I know that must have been horrible though. I'm glad it was effective though and you are ok, here's to hoping a better way is found. :toast:
  17. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    I usually work till 4am because of my job and iv gotten used to it sleep during the day wake 5 hours before work...so iv just been chilling out trying to get my comp back were it was...i hate formats...and then upon opening tpu im greated with this how excellent.
    SirKeldon says thanks.
  18. SirKeldon

SirKeldon New Member

Thanks Received:
    It seems the insomniacs everytime are now less ... btw Christine, great video in all senses!!! thank you for sharing, i love House MD as K's Choice and didn't see that, it's great :)

Gonna try to sleep again, night all and thanks for this hangout! :)
  19. intel igent

intel igent New Member

Thanks Received:
    drugs are bad :rolleyes: :roll:

@ sir keldon : an old friend of mine lived in spain for 3yrs (moved there from here) he told me the pot was crap but the morrocans made up for it with their black ;)

i'm surprised no one has mentioned mescaline or psylocibin!? i also gotta give prop's to my friend's MDMA as well :D

i love perc's (TEC3's only plz no 0636 for me) i'm alway's feelin itchy anyway, 'specially mah trggah fingah :laugh:

@ thermo : great pik man!
  20. SirKeldon

SirKeldon New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hhahahaha, it highly depends on the zone you grow the weed intel igent, in my Barcelona the mediterranean weather it's quite nice for having 6ft trees and taller and with great flavour and taste ... but on another zones it's not, and the indoor one if seeds are good ... the weed is gonna be ok.

And yeah, the morocco ppl does a lot of hash (marihuana polen + some resin + micrometers filters + pression ... look info ;)) which is totally fresh when arrives to Spain, when my weed is over i usually smoke that, it's higher in THC % and it's also high on CBD (THC degraded by sun) and the "high" is not the same ... as also depends on the "hash" variety ... but it's more "stoning" (more dumb) and relaxing than the "high" you got from Marihuana (which also can be different due to the races and also the varieties, indica, sativa or the mix ... which is called rudelaris)

The THC world is really too big and i read tons of stuff ... if you want to ask ... :toast:

About mescaline or psylocibe ... i know friends that have tasted it but never got the itch, i prefer the natural plants ... i use to hate chemical stuff as all med drugs or derivative ones, don't know why but it's true, i read alot too, maybe i'll try hallucinogen mushrooms or psylocibe cause it's also natural ... but not now, i prefer other things yet! :D

update: i should had close the thread before your post, shit! :laugh:
  21. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    definitely agreed on that!

sad news, chemotherapy and radiation therapy cause cancer later down the road (20-30 years), so I know I'll be facing the oncologists again at some point . . .

hopefully, though, by the time that rolls around, many of the current experimental forms of treatment will be approved for common use - and that also will be tremendously cheaper than they are now (back when I went through treatment, one round of chemotherapy was about $1200 - 2x a month; and that doesn't include the costs of prescription medication or other office visits and lab work that was needed . . . thank god I was on Tricare at the time!)
  22. TheGoat Eater

TheGoat Eater

Thanks Received:
    I had ativan at the hospital recently - good stuff... it was injection... they wanted to give it to me in mes butt, but i ask for it in the arm -hurt like hell when they shoot it into the muscle :( ... I need to get that stuff in pill form instead of Xanax as it worked well and I take (or prescribed) 8 mg (2mg QID ) a day of Xanax for my sometimes debilitating anxiety :(
  23. intel igent

intel igent New Member

Thanks Received:
    on the topic of "high's" the best high i've ever had in my life was when i got my industrial piercing, it was even better than the time i chased the dragon high on chach :laugh:

@ sirkeldon : you read "high time's" magazine? follow cannabis cup? canada has won how often ;)

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=fyMgplaPyy4
  24. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    try some belladonna :p
  25. calvary1980

calvary1980 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have never tried any of these plants :( where the hell do these kids get them lol.

- Christine