1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Installed an SSD, unable to view files on second HDD

Discussion in 'Storage' started by Bruntonio, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Bruntonio New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi,
    I'm having an issue with User Account Control (I think). Sorry if this is the wrong forum but it came about from my SSD install...

I've just installed a samsung 830 series 128gb SSD as my OS boot drive, I've kept my original OS 160gb HDD in my pc as extra storage (now Drive E:), along with a 2TB HDD (Drive D:).

I am unable to gain access to a lot of files on my 2Tb HDD (have not moved this HDD), I keep having to take ownership of the folders but then I can't view the pictures or videos within the folders after taking ownership. This was not an issue before when my OS was on the 160gb HDD.

I did a fresh OS install to the SSD too.

Any ideas?

2. silkstone

silkstone

Thanks Received:
    you can try this: makes it very easy to take ownership of the folders u want to. Edit - It should also create the correct permissions for the files/subfolders, but if not, you can just right click those too.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...ership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/

there is an application that will fix the issue, but i am unable to find it. Google for a while and i am sure it will come up if the above fix is inadequate.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  3. Bruntonio New Member

Thanks Received:
    Awesome, thank you.
    I'll give this a whirl when I get home tonight.

Thanks
    Paul

4. silkstone

silkstone

Thanks Received:
    Let us know how it goes.

Bruntonio says thanks.
  5. Bruntonio New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thank you, its all good now, I had taken ownership but I had not checked the box for the subfiles.
    It's all good now :)

thanks again