1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel 955 EE temperature

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Delex, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Delex New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello,
    I've a Intel 955 EE and I've a question: What's the max temperature of this CPU in Idle and under Stress??

Byez and sorry for my english :)
  2. infrared New Member

Thanks Received:
    it varies from cpu to cpu. It depends on what voltage the vcore is at, and what motherboard you have, and obviously, the frequency it's running at.

There is no way to give you a figure on what temperature it should be running at.

Anything above 60c is a little high though, but you won't start doing damage until you reach 70c upwards. Also keep in mind that any increase in temperature will lower the lifetime of your cpu.

If you are definatly going to be overclocking, you should get a good aftermarket cooler. This will allow you higher overclocks, while keeping your cpu cool, and extending the lifetime.
  3. Delex New Member

Thanks Received:
  4. Thermopylae_480

Thermopylae_480 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I don't know what he design tolerances are on the Galatin core, which I assume you have, unless you have the 3.7 GHz variant. I would have to agree with Infrared. I wouldn't advise taking the processor over 70~C. The P4 560 will begin to throttle itself when temps excede 75~C. The Intel stock CPU coolers are just barely up to the job, if you plan to OC your EE, you should invest in a good aftermarket cooler. Besides the cooler you keep your CPU, the longer it will last since excess heat just contributes to entropy of the system.
  5. Delex New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have to write a review of this CPU :p

After I will post a screenshot of Speedfan during PCMark05 test.
  6. Delex New Member

Thanks Received:
  7. Thermopylae_480

Thanks Received:
    Were you testing it under a constant load? Was this during PC Mark? The spikes might be the space in between tests. Try playing a high end game for about the same time and see what the temps do. In addition I seriously doubt the Galatin can take 83~C that well. Even if its design tolerances are higher than the Prescott.
  8. Delex New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes, was during PC Mark (CPU TEST).
  9. Thermopylae_480

Thanks Received:
    Well that explains the dips. Now you just need a definetive answer on temp specs. Somewhere in this heap of data is the answer to your original question. Although on my prelimanary assessment I would say that the CPU design limits are about the same, since Intel uses the same thermal guide line text for Pentium 5xx 6xx and EE.