1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel Adds One More 45nm CPU to E8000 Family

Discussion in 'News' started by malware, Nov 16, 2007.

1. malware New Member

Thanks Received:
    Intel will add one more 45nm desktop processor to its E8000 family in January 2008. In addition to the E8200, E8400 and E8500 processors of the E8000 family, Intel plans to launch the E8190. The CPU will have a frequency of 2.66GHz, L2 cache of 6MB, and FSB of 1333MHz. It will be priced at US$163 in 1000-unit quantities. Although E8190's specification is similar to that of the E8200, the CPU does not support virtualization or Trust Execution Technology, and will only focus on the OEM market where it will be slightly cheaper when purchased in large volumes. Intel is also planning to launch the Core 2 Duo E5000 family to replace the previous E4000 family in the entry-level market. The first product from the E5000 family will launch in April next year priced at US$133 in 1000-unit quantities. Specifications are still unknown.

Source: DigiTimes

2. pt

pt not a suicide-bomber

Thanks Received:
    that's damn cheap :D

3. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    Damn you Intel!!
    How am I supposed to stick to AMD with those kind of prices vs performance!

4. mdm-adph

mdm-adph New Member

Thanks Received:
    Damn you modern society! How am I supposed to avoid a life of crime when it's so easy to steal money from old people! :p

Answer: you look to higher ideals. If supporting AMD is important to you so that Intel doesn't obtain an absolute monopoly and begin releasing crappy products, then go with AMD.

Or, I guess if you want to be fair, just buy two computers, one with Intel and one with AMD. :p

phanbuey says thanks.
  5. Woah Mama! New Member

Thanks Received:
    Nice, I might be after an update around about that time next year.

6. jocksteeluk

jocksteeluk New Member

Thanks Received:
    The 13th room on the 13th floor of the 13th buildi
    I am glad intel wants to sell more these days rather than just charge more.

7. DanTheBanjoman Señor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    It's not like you have to stick with AMD, nobody is telling you to.

8. phanbuey

phanbuey

Thanks Received:
    @ mdm-adph :roll::roll::roll:...

I will still buy the Q6600... and overclock the living **** out of it, more cores, more cache. Seems like a better value, no?

9. mdm-adph

mdm-adph New Member

Thanks Received:
    I don't know -- how does the Q6600 bench in relation to the upcoming Phenom X4's coming out in a month or so? I had thought the Phenoms, if not faster, would at least be competitive on a price/performance basis, especially to the (now) older Core 2 Quads.

But anyway -- if saving money is all you're worried about, then you missed the point of my earlier post. :p

10. OnBoard

OnBoard New Member

Thanks Received:
    Nice, soon there will be a prosessor worthy of upgrading without overclocking (not that I'd leave it stock xD), but that 6MB cache must help to even things out compared my tiny 2MB.

11. lemonadesoda

lemonadesoda

Thanks Received:
    I would like to see a 800FSB device on the new fab process and new cache :)

While the new CPUs are exciting, with locked multipliers, and with a STARTING FSB of 1333, we aint going to get much overclock out of them. Shame. Also, as a drop-in to mainboards limited to 1033, they will effectively be DOWNCLOCKED :-(

Intel should not forget the "drop-in replacement CPU" market... not just lauch CPU for new mainboards at 1333

12. mdm-adph

mdm-adph New Member

Thanks Received:
    What -- and miss the chance to charge you for a whole new motherboard? Fuggedaboutit.

Of course, AMD isn't much better in this aspect. :shadedshu

13. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    I wasn't being serious.:wtf:
    Silly bugger.

Boring and straight forward translation of my last post:-
    It's getting tough to be an AMD supporter with the kind of offerings Intel has.

14. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, looks like it's goodbye AMD for me.:(

15. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    to each their own. Ill continue to support and buy AMD products. As was stated, I dont want Intel to have a monopoly, contrary to some users on this forum. Its good to see Intel finally start innovating and offering alot more procs for everyone. AMD used to be decent at doing this, but with the release of the C2D and C2Q, theyve fallen behind. I think the split concentration on ATI and AMD is hurting them, to be honest.

16. TUngsten

TUngsten

Thanks Received:
    I don't think anyone wants Intel to have a monopoly, they are just acknowledging the apparent sentiment that Intel is surging above and beyond AMD at this point. And going with the (currently) superior product at a superior price.

What's great is that AMD is in many ways responsible for Intel's recent colossal explosion of great products. The past competition from AMD has done exactly what one would hope - stimulate innovation from a giant like Intel, who not only makes great advanced in the tech, but also in price.

It's unfortunate that AMD/ATI doesn't seem to be making this up in it's GFX card branch either...although they are hardly taking a real beating from Nvidia...but they have been playing catch-up in that venue as well.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2007